NBA Player Rankings #4 Player in the NBA

Options

Comments

• thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carmelo Anthony
    Melo or Kobe as of now once DWade is fully healthy he will slide into that spot..
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rajon Rondo
    yoooooooooooooo just actually thought about this thread seriously

where the ? is Tony Parker ?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    I love melo but dude gotta stop tracy mcgrady'n the playoffs

What does this even mean???

But lost amid the Knicks' swoon is that Carmelo Anthony has been setting an individual record for postseason futility. The Wall Street Journal noted after New York's first loss in the series that it was Anthony's 50th career playoff game, and that he had the worst won-loss percentage of anyone to make that many postseason appearances in the last 20 years.

Since then, Anthony has been in two more playoff defeats, leaving him with a 16-36 (.308) career record.

Anthony is the only bona fide superstar among the worst 10 playoff winning percentages, which of course is largely due to the so-so crew he played with in Denver. But unless New York comes up with a miracle his team will have been bounced out of the playoffs in the first round in eight of the last nine seasons.

But Anthony's descent has fueled Shane Battier's rise. Battier had ranked sixth on the list (which was compiled by Stats LLC), but as a member of the Heat he's now only ninth. A win on Sunday likely would remove him from the worst 10.

Here's the list:

1. Carmelo Anthony, 16-36, .308

2. Mookie Blaylock, 18-36, .333

3. Eduardo Najera, 20-39, .339

4. Chris Dudley, 20-34, .370

5. Brad Miller, 19-31, .380

6. Anthony Peeler, 22-35, .386

7. Marcus Camby, 30-46, .395

8. Stacey Augmon, 31-46, .403

9. Shane Battier, 22-32, .407

10. Tyron Corbin, 28-40, .412

I don't see T-MAC on here ... So again what does this even mean???
  • Olorun22
    Options
    @af.r.i.c.a. Ayo when is this thread NBA Player Rankings #134 Player in the NBA coming??
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Russel Westbrook

But lost amid the Knicks' swoon is that Carmelo Anthony has been setting an individual record for postseason futility. The Wall Street Journal noted after New York's first loss in the series that it was Anthony's 50th career playoff game, and that he had the worst won-loss percentage of anyone to make that many postseason appearances in the last 20 years.

Since then, Anthony has been in two more playoff defeats, leaving him with a 16-36 (.308) career record.

Anthony is the only bona fide superstar among the worst 10 playoff winning percentages, which of course is largely due to the so-so crew he played with in Denver. But unless New York comes up with a miracle his team will have been bounced out of the playoffs in the first round in eight of the last nine seasons.

But Anthony's descent has fueled Shane Battier's rise. Battier had ranked sixth on the list (which was compiled by Stats LLC), but as a member of the Heat he's now only ninth. A win on Sunday likely would remove him from the worst 10.

Here's the list:

1. Carmelo Anthony, 16-36, .308

2. Mookie Blaylock, 18-36, .333

3. Eduardo Najera, 20-39, .339

4. Chris Dudley, 20-34, .370

5. Brad Miller, 19-31, .380

6. Anthony Peeler, 22-35, .386

7. Marcus Camby, 30-46, .395

8. Stacey Augmon, 31-46, .403

9. Shane Battier, 22-32, .407

10. Tyron Corbin, 28-40, .412

I don't see T-MAC on here ... So again what does this even mean???

he doesn't get it done when it matters but Unlike T-Mac he always had a supporting cast
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo or Westbrook get this spot. I think it's funny how y'all ? always bringing up rings and wins when it comes to other players in comparison to kobe.... yet his team is 12th in the WC and he's the 4th best player in the league. FOH....

What the hell does Kobe do besides jack up shots

Ohhh I don't know......Win titles maybe

This is getting ridiculous fellas, I can let cp3 slide because he just passed d will up this year for being the better pg....but at some point a multiple champion who is one half of the greatest inside/outside duo of all time (him and shaq) not being totally larry holms washed up after 17 years. Who else has ever been this good after 17 year? Don't start putting decent guys that may flame out by the time they're 30 above him that can barely make a jumper just because jim buss has sabotaged the laker franchise

Lmao..........
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwyane Wade

This is getting ridiculous fellas, I can let cp3 slide because he just passed d will up this year for being the better pg....but at some point a multiple champion who is one half of the greatest inside/outside duo of all time (him and shaq) not being totally larry holms washed up after 17 years. Who else has ever been this good after 17 year? Don't start putting decent guys that may flame out by the time they're 30 above him that can barely make a jumper just because jim buss has sabotaged the laker franchise

This aint for lifetime achievement, right now Kobe ain't top 5. He jacks up terrible shots and his team ain't winning, I don't care about his scoring average with the amount of shots he takes he should average that if not more. Stop being a stan and you would see that
  • Olorun22
    Options

This aint for lifetime achievement, right now Kobe ain't top 5. He jacks up terrible shots and his team ain't winning, I don't care about his scoring average with the amount of shots he takes he should average that if not more. Stop being a stan and you would see that

I know you don't care about his average because it doesn't support you wack ass argument. Yall ? act like this ? is shooting a terrible percentage (46%) while shoot 22.1 shot per....Now for this amount of shot he take he should ave more hmmmm Lets take one of the best shooter in the history of the nba Ray allen 06-07 he shot 21 per and only average 26.4 per and shooting 43%
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carmelo Anthony
    Chris is #5 IMO. I am a Chris Paul fan and Derrick Rose aint playing. Kobe @ #3 just becuase of age. Melo @ #4. He killing right now. Nobody in the league can stop him and he is improving his D.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carmelo Anthony
    Gotta go with melo this year. Because for the first time in his career people are finally considering him to be a superstar and on that Lebron,durant,wade level
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Kobe Bryant

As in first round exits, Him and Cris Paul is gettin regular season love from most cats in here. Melo only been outta the first round once his whole career if im not mistaking.

This is why most ? is fulla ? . The Hypocrite nature of most of you kids is part of the reason alotta yall be gettin sonned on here. it aint even hard to smash yall argument! You say he jacks up terrible shots but until recently (when Dantone started making him chase PG's around on Defence AT 30 ? 4 Years old!)just about 50% of those TERRIBLE SHOTS was goin in. How can he be a ballhog when he's right at league average in assist amoung off guards with only Steph Curry, Monte Ellis, Manu Ginobly, and I think D Wade ahead of him in Shooting guard assist? This is outta what? 28 teams that start shooting guards? This is also why Kobe is one of the most hated in the league...Because when Melo takes 29 shots and make 10 none of you ? hold nothing against him. I never catch yall talking ? about his shot attemps or shot selection. Russle WestBrook is a really good player and athelete but until recently this ? took alotta illadvised shots and wasn't passing the ball either AND HE'S A DAMN POINT GUARD!! And you ? is tryna put him and Melo 4th and 5th and sweep their volume shooting under the rug but yet get on Kobe for shooting which a what a Shooting guard is suppose to do!! It's his damn job description (especially when other guys on the team cant create their own shots except him).
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carmelo Anthony

As in first round exits, Him and Cris Paul is gettin regular season love from most cats in here. Melo only been outta the first round once his whole career if im not mistaking.

I think not making the playoffs is far worse
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Kobe Bryant

Why dont you tell that to guys thinking Kevin Love should be ranked ahead of Kobe then.

• MC The Rapper
    Options
    Carmelo Anthony

I know you don't care about his average because it doesn't support you wack ass argument. Yall ? act like this ? is shooting a terrible percentage (46%) while shoot 22.1 shot per....Now for this amount of shot he take he should ave more hmmmm Lets take one of the best shooter in the history of the nba Ray allen 06-07 he shot 21 per and only average 26.4 per and shooting 43%

how many free throws did he get per game
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    Carmelo Anthony

Why dont you tell that to guys thinking Kevin Love should be ranked ahead of Kobe then.

I don't think Kevin Love has been voted for in any of the polls
  • DR. JEK
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Kobe Bryant

I Believe Espn had Kevin 5th or 6th last year while Kobe was ranked 7th. I couldnt believe it. Thats the reason I think the 17-24 record shouldn't matter as much because what was people's excuse last year for jobbin kobe outta the top 5 when Lakers were winning?
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    Carmelo Anthony

I Believe Espn had Kevin 5th or 6th last year while Kobe was ranked 7th. I couldnt believe it. Thats the reason I think the 17-24 record shouldn't matter as much because what was people's excuse last year for jobbin kobe outta the top 5 when Lakers were winning?

Not to state the obvious but you know Kevin Love is like the new great white hope ? he related to one of the beach boys but this list is about this year and this year only no last year accomplishments none of that .
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Kobe Bryant

Not to state the obvious but you know Kevin Love is like the new great white hope ? he related to one of the beach boys but this list is about this year and this year only no last year accomplishments none of that .

Well that's what I was goin by because if you take away the last 3 games (which he can easilyhave 3 good games in a row too) he was playing very well and shooting the most efficiant he's ever shot considering he has an inferior coach destroying the rest of the team. Had his squad manned up and guys not been hurt left and right they may have had a decent record. You could put Kevin Durant on the Bobcats RIGHT NOW and he will ball out just like he does with OKC cuz he's a beast and you know what? ...the ? Bobcats still wont win games. Does that Make Kevin Durant not a beast at that point or not one of the best players in the world? NO! We judging individual talents with these polls...Not how good a ? 's team is

• almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carmelo Anthony
    I'm not voting, but I will say this.. Kobe Bryant is Mosdefinetly the MOST HATED player in NBA History. *go ahead an hit the feelings icon*

Lebron James is the most hated and micro analyzed player in nba history they literally broke down if he did/didn't shake opponents hands after L's and will he pass it or shoot it with the game on the line and over analyzed where he decided to sign as a FREE agent

"The most hated player in nba history" who is the leading all star vote getter 17 years in the league,has a top 3 selling jersey and had 500k twitter followers within an hour? Just shut da fucc up you a hurt groupie
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    This is tough.Russ westbrook,Melo rondo Or Dwight? So many options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    If Kobe was the most hated person in NBA history the media would be going at duke WAY harder than they are now for his team being 7 games under .500, when they were being put in the Finals by everyone before the start of the season.

Lmfao, Kobe is the most hated ever......word.

These homotional lames let cheap seats warp reality.Kobe might be the most dickrode nba player ever his fanbase is deranged and similar to tupakks, think about it they ? on Lebron,Wade,T Mac,Iverson,Durant, and Michael Jeffrey Jordan to big up Kobe.

Don't forget Shaq.

And dont YOU forget Gasol
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant

If Kobe doesnt shoot who else is gonna score. The way the rest of team he might as well get his #'s.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rajon Rondo
    Put KD on the Bobcats and thats a 4th seed in the East,maybe higher

eff what you talking about
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwyane Wade
    plocc wrote: »

If Kobe doesnt shoot who else is gonna score. The way the rest of team he might as well get his #'s.

How about Pau or Howard who would put up just as many points (far more efficiently) if they got the rock once in a while.
  • DR. JEK
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    rage wrote: »

How about Pau or Howard who would put up just as many points (far more efficiently) if they got the rock once in a while.

They do get the rock, one passes the ball off far too much, is ineffective because he's playing far away from the basket because of where the coach wants him to play,..... and the other Gets his field goal attempts taken away by Getting hacked before he gets shots up on the strenght he doesn't have a fadaway or a drop step post move. We all know he's useless at the line so that ends up being possession after possession with nothing coming outta them. Nobody got on Iverson for being a Volume shooter. He had non aggresive bums around him. He told stephen A smith that he pass the ball to guys and if the ball end up gettin back to him evidently the other ? couldn't do nothing with the rock. Same situation.
  • DR. JEK
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    R.D. wrote: »
    Put KD on the Bobcats and thats a 4th seed in the East,maybe higher

eff what you talking about

I know the East is sorry but KD wouldnt be able to win with no help and it's just him. smh
    I need to be asking you what the ? you talkin about?

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They do get the rock, one passes the ball off far too much, is ineffective because he's playing far away from the basket because of where the coach wants him to play,..... and the other Gets his field goal attempts taken away by Getting hacked before he gets shots up on the strenght he doesn't have a fadaway or a drop step post move. We all know he's useless at the line so that ends up being possession after possession with nothing coming outta them. Nobody got on Iverson for being a Volume shooter. He had non aggresive bums around him. He told stephen A smith that he pass the ball to guys and if the ball end up gettin back to him evidently the other ? couldn't do nothing with the rock. Same situation.

? always called Iverson a chucker, the ? are you talking about?