Randy Moss: I'm greatest WR ever

Options

Comments

• jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont really like the whole "if moss had steve young" or "if this athlete had.." type statements.

You just have to take these athletes for what they are. What if Tyson had a sound mind and focus? What if Kobe and Shaq found a way to get along? What if Mugsy Bogues was 6 foot 3?

What if barry sanders had a o-line like emmit smith? Randy Moss is what he is, and would probably have still found a way to put up stats no matter what team, and prob still would have taken some plays off as well. Because thats who he is. lol.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its Jerry Rice and then its Randy and then TO
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Anybody that thinks this is even arguable don't know ? about football.

Might as well say A.I. is the best shooting guard of all time.

Moss was/is one dimensional, never played with passion, and took plays off (admittedly).

He would barely ? my top 15.

Your an idiot....

Most touchdown receptions in a season – 23 (2007)
    Most touchdown receptions by a rookie in a season – 17 (1998)
    Most seasons with 17 or more touchdown receptions – 3 (1998, 2003, 2007)
    Most games in a season with at least 2 touchdown receptions – 8 (2007)
    Most yards receiving in a Pro Bowl game – 212 (2000)
    Most 1,200+ yard receiving seasons to start a career – 6 (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)
    Fastest player to reach 5,000 career receiving yards – 59 games
    Youngest player in NFL history to record 100 receiving touchdowns – (29 years and 235 days)
    Youngest player in NFL history to record 120 receiving touchdowns – (30 years, 313 days)

Moss may not be THE GOAT...but he's the closest one to it.

damn all that? yet he still doesnt have 1k receptions

When you waste your career on bumass worthless Raider "teams" its what happens.

The fact of the matter is when Mauce had an Elite HOF QB throwing to him, he shattered records. If Moss had Brady throwing to him for as long as Rice had Steve Young and JOE ? MONTANA throwing the ball to him, he'd have just as many receptions and touchdowns.

LMAO at having an uncover-able 6.4", 4.2- 40 yard wide receiver running across the middle. I swear some of you idiots dont know ? about football.

bilde?Site=C3&Date=20121223&Category=OPINION03&ArtNo=212230312&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0&Record-setting-Calvin-Johnson-shines-bright-Lions-lost-season
    hi-res-152648721_display_image.jpg?1348557613

^^^ Uncoverable 6.6", 4.3 Elite receiver that doesn't mind going across the middle at all.

Shouts out to Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, etc, etc.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For you cats thats giving the "excuse" that Rice had Montana and Young answer me this. Does SF have 5 SB titles without Rice???? Does Rich Gannon (who SUCKED for years) have a MVP season without him. As great as Joe Montana or Steve Young is they don't have JACK ? without Rice.

I don't think why this is a debate comparing a dude that "thinks" he is the best WR of all time to a dude that is arguably the greatest NFL PLAYER of all time. This is coming from a Randy Moss Fan
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Moss was/is one dimensional, never played with passion, and took plays off (admittedly).

Your an idiot....

Most 1,200+ yard receiving seasons to start a career – 6 (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)
    Youngest player in NFL history to record 100 receiving touchdowns – (29 years and 235 days)
    Youngest player in NFL history to record 120 receiving touchdowns – (30 years, 313 days)

The fact of the matter is when Mauce had an Elite HOF QB throwing to him, he shattered records. If Moss had Brady throwing to him for as long as Rice had Steve Young and JOE ? MONTANA throwing the ball to him, he'd have just as many receptions and touchdowns.

LMAO at having an uncover-able 6.4", 4.2- 40 yard wide receiver running across the middle. I swear some of you idiots dont know ? about football.

bilde?Site=C3&Date=20121223&Category=OPINION03&ArtNo=212230312&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0&Record-setting-Calvin-Johnson-shines-bright-Lions-lost-season

^^^ Uncoverable 6.6", 4.3 Elite receiver that doesn't mind going across the middle at all.

Nah that's just cause he played with Matt Stafford if you gave Moss Stafford he'd do the same thing lol.

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    For you cats thats giving the "excuse" that Rice had Montana and Young answer me this. Does SF have 5 SB titles without Rice???? Does Rich Gannon (who SUCKED for years) have a MVP season without him. As great as Joe Montana or Steve Young is they don't have JACK ? without Rice.

I don't think why this is a debate comparing a dude that "thinks" he is the best WR of all time to a dude that is arguably the greatest NFL PLAYER of all time. This is coming from a Randy Moss Fan

Joe Montana has 2 Super Bowls and 2 Super Bowl MVPs without Rice.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im still laughing at Sterling..

"due to my projections.." ass ?
  • momanpr100
    momanpr100 Members Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    Options
    people talking Like Culpepper didn't have Chris Carter to throw to either smh. Moss mentor made the game alot easier for him when they played together.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

Joe Montana has 2 Super Bowls and 2 Super Bowl MVPs without Rice.

Touche' lol
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    @greenwood Fam, what ARE you talkin about. You've posted a treasure trove of bullshyt in this thread Lmao

off top, Moss is wrong. He is not the GOAT. But...

1)"He can't run all the routes"---What does this even MEAN!? Thats like sayin Jordan aint the GOAT b/c he cant hit 3's. Forget how he got it, he GOT IT. Them other nggas (see below) cant run Go routes like Moss. That is a route, too, aint it? Do they, too, get excluded then?

2)On 1 hand you sayin 'dont look at the eye test, look at the numbers' to say Rice is better than Moss.

Okay. I agree.

But then when it comes to Steve Largent (fyi that ngga aint run deep routes), Art Monk, Chris Carter( fyi that ngga aint run deep routes), etc.-Moss' numbers TRUMP them...oh oh oh, but in this case we should look at how they played, b/c they could BLOCK and run precise 8 yard out routes.

camron.jpg.png

Stop. You wilin, b. Lmao Moss is #2, maybe #4/5 at WORST. Thats without the eye test. Just off numbers!

And thats at 80% of his talent. Its his fault he didnt utilize all of it.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? don't start talking down on Joe just b/c your ass don't know football. Niners won 2 super bowls before Rice was drafted. 1981 vs the Bengals then 1983 vs the Dolphins. Rice's super bowl's were 88,89, and 94.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc5v8r0rNk0
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Your an idiot....

Shut the ? up ? , hows having Megatron going across the middle working out for the Lions? How many playoffs have they made? How many playoff games have they won? How many SBs have they played in?

CJ had 5 ? TDs this year but had a career best in Rec and YDs, and for all that the Lions were nowhere.
    In 2011 CJ had 16 TDs, fewer REC and yards. The Lions actually make the playoffs and Stafford also has a career throwing for over 4000yds. Your lack of football knowledge is ? staggering.

Lmao at this idiot that thinks Julio Jones can even carry Mauce's cleats.
  • rage
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    I dont really like the whole "if moss had steve young" or "if this athlete had.." type statements.

You just have to take these athletes for what they are. What if Tyson had a sound mind and focus? What if Kobe and Shaq found a way to get along? What if Mugsy Bogues was 6 foot 3?

What if barry sanders had a o-line like emmit smith? Randy Moss is what he is, and would probably have still found a way to put up stats no matter what team, and prob still would have taken some plays off as well. Because thats who he is. lol.

Yes let's compare football players to boxers, and basketball players....how about golfers and x-gamers as well. More stupid statements.

What your essentially saying is that Rice would have out up those EXACT same numbers if Sanchez, or Grossman, or Tebow was throwing to him all his career. Yes or no? If Rice had Tebow as a QB he'd still put up numbers "because that's who he is"
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your an idiot....

Shut the ? up ? , hows having Megatron going across the middle working out for the Lions? How many playoffs have they made? How many playoff games have they won? How many SBs have they played in?

CJ had 5 ? TDs this year but had a career best in Rec and YDs, and for all that the Lions were nowhere.
    In 2011 CJ had 16 TDs, fewer REC and yards. The Lions actually make the playoffs and Stafford also has a career throwing for over 4000yds. Your lack of football knowledge is ? staggering.

lmaoooooo you aint serious right now ?

cant be
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all do realize that Young, Montana was throwing 5 yards slants and ? and them ? was doing the rest?

Them ? just had hella weapons on offense
    Craig
    Taylor
    Rice
    Brent Jones
  • bgoat
    Options
    And let me clarify, I'm not saying them ? didn't throw deep, but mainly in that Westcoast O they were not throwing deep.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Lawd, y'all nikkas need pass the sticks. lol

"I saw Moss jump really, really high and catch a ball wit cornrows when I was 11. -- him da bess!"

Entire sports world is laughing at him right now.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    Y'all do realize that Young, Montana was throwing 5 yards slants and ? and them ? was doing the rest?

Craig
    Taylor
    Rice
    Brent Jones

it's more of the offense than the talent, BUT rice was the prototypical west coast offense type receiver, which was innovative at the time. in the 2000's almost every team did a variation of the west coast offense, now it's the option offense era.

reading this thread i am amazing by the lack of football knowledge by some posters. WOW.
  • rage
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Your an idiot....

lmaoooooo you aint serious right now ?

cant be

? haven't you been proven wrong enough times in these here Cheap Seats? Notice how you ? never actually post any facts to back up your idiotic statements.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Yet this ? 's response to megatron and other tall, fast receivers going across the middle was...

"...Megatron didn't make the playoffs doe."

Cool facts, bro.

Foh. These Madden-fans need to leave real football to the real fans.

• bgoat
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Craig
    Taylor
    Rice
    Brent Jones

it's more of the offense than the talent, BUT rice was the prototypical west coast offense type receiver, which was innovative at the time. in the 2000's almost every team did a variation of the west coast offense, now it's the option offense era.

reading this thread i am amazing by the lack of football knowledge by some posters. WOW.
    These ? in here makin it seem like Montana and Young made Rice.
    I couldn't let that slide tho.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Craig
    Taylor
    Rice
    Brent Jones

i agree, like culpepper and randall big ass arms (nh) did'nt just overthrow everyone else and just let moss go and get it for years in minny...
  • rage
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yet this ? 's response to megatron and other tall, fast receivers going across the middle was...

"...Megatron didn't make the playoffs doe."

Cool facts, bro.

Foh. These Madden-fans need to leave real football to the real fans.

Yeah, I know how all those numbers and stats can be a problem for you uneducated hillbillies
    Lmao! Keep thinking ? Julio Jones is in the same league as Moss...LOL this ? actually said Julio Jones!!!
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And do folks realize that Moss did got drafted by a good team that was in the playoffs the previous year. Brad Johnson was lightning ? up. folks talking Culpepper and Cunningham need to look up Johnsons' numbers over that time. He was even lighting ? up with the Skins for a year or 2. Jake Reed and Cris Carter was at least top 3 the best wr duo in the league. They were the 1st duo in NFL history to both have back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Not to mention Robert Smith was a good back coming off a 1,200+ yard season. It's not like the Vikings were garbage they just choked in big games.
  • rage
    Options

Craig
    Taylor
    Rice
    Brent Jones

Anybody that says Montana and Young MADE Rice or vice versa is an idiot. But in football where one person is responsible for throwing the ball, and ANOTHER person is responsible for catching it. Obviously if one of the two is inept, the two of them aren't going to be very successfull. Can y'all really sit there and say Rice would have the same numbers if he had Tebow or Sanchez throwing it to him? And that doesn't take anything away from Rice, but he can't control a QB who is a terrible decision maker, or is inaccurate, or has a weak ass arm.