Randy Moss: I'm greatest WR ever

Options

Comments

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    And do folks realize that Moss did got drafted by a good team that was in the playoffs the previous year. Brad Johnson was lightning ? up. folks talking Culpepper and Cunningham need to look up Johnsons' numbers over that time. He was even lighting ? up with the Skins for a year or 2. Jake Reed and Cris Carter was at least top 3 the best wr duo in the league. They were the 1st duo in NFL history to both have back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Not to mention Robert Smith was a good back coming off a 1,200+ yard season. It's not like the Vikings were garbage they just choked in big games.

But.......... Moss didn't have Steve Young or Joe Montana, so he's the GOAT.
    ? whatever ? you're talking..................
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jerry >>>> everybody else
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jerry Rice got made by Montana and Young common knowledge he's not marvin harrison but he's not that far off
    Just look at his production its consistent with their performance and not his own work like Yards after the catch or anything.

Moss is up there because he does all those things
    Only reason he's not above Rice to me is because of his stats
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jerry Rice got made by Montana and Young common knowledge he's not marvin harrison but he's not that far off
    Just look at his production its consistent with their performance and not his own work like Yards after the catch or anything.

Moss is up there because he does all those things
    Only reason he's not above Rice to me is because of his stats

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are Randy Moss.... why wouldn't you think you are the GOAT? And not in the sense of being confident. If Moss looks back on his career and impact. He should feel like he is the GOAT.

He said impact. Not stats.... impact. Say you know football knowledge... Do you realize how much of an impact he has made just being on the field?

I think he is the GOAT.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And do folks realize that Moss did got drafted by a good team that was in the playoffs the previous year. Brad Johnson was lightning ? up. folks talking Culpepper and Cunningham need to look up Johnsons' numbers over that time. He was even lighting ? up with the Skins for a year or 2. Jake Reed and Cris Carter was at least top 3 the best wr duo in the league. They were the 1st duo in NFL history to both have back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Not to mention Robert Smith was a good back coming off a 1,200+ yard season. It's not like the Vikings were garbage they just choked in big games.

Ok and

Most touchdown receptions by a rookie in a season – 17
    Youngest player in NFL history to record 100 receiving touchdowns – (29)
    Youngest player in NFL history to record 120 receiving touchdowns - (30)

Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young as QBs right up until he was 30 but still didnt reach 120 TDs.

Moss drops off because of his years in that hell hole of a Raiders team. A Raiders team that had Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, and some ? named Andrew Walter throwing to him. In 07 he has Brady throwing to him and he has the best season a WR has ever had. To say that QBs have no impact on a receiver's numbers is a ridiculous statement.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody that thinks this is even arguable don't know ? about football.

Might as well say A.I. is the best shooting guard of all time.

Moss was/is one dimensional, never played with passion, and took plays off (admittedly).

He would barely ? my top 15.

greenwoods top 15..

1. julio jones
    2. roddy white
    3. andre rison
    4. terance mathis
    5. michael haynes
    6. alfred jenkins
    7. tony gonzalez (why? cause ? logic thats why!)
    .......? it its too hard to finish

^^^^ Says the guy that thinks Dez Bryant and Tony Romo are elite.

Cool story.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Ok and

Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young as QBs right up until he was 30 but still didnt reach 120 TDs.

Moss drops off because of his years in that hell hole of a Raiders team. A Raiders team that had Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, and some ? named Andrew Walter throwing to him. In 07 he has Brady throwing to him and he has the best season a WR has ever had. To say that QBs have no impact on a receiver's numbers is a ridiculous statement.

Lmfao, what?
    Because he had the most touchdowns in a season, that means he had the best season ever?
    Rice's 22TD in a strike shortened 12 game season is much more impressive than Moss's 23 TD in 16.
    And I'd take Rice's 1995 season over any season, 122 Rec 1848 Yards 15TDs, not to mention Steve Young missed 5 games that season.
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yet this ? 's response to megatron and other tall, fast receivers going across the middle was...

"...Megatron didn't make the playoffs doe."

Cool facts, bro.

Foh. These Madden-fans need to leave real football to the real fans.

Yeah, I know how all those numbers and stats can be a problem for you uneducated hillbillies
    Lmao! Keep thinking ? Julio Jones is in the same league as Moss...LOL this ? actually said Julio Jones!!!

So not only are you dumb enough to think Moss is better than Rice, but you also can't read. Why am I not surprised.

I mentioned Brandon Marshall and Julio 'cause they are both "tall, fast receivers" that go across the middle all the time.

Replying to that dumb ? you said about "why should 6'5" 4.2 receiver go across the middle."

Smh. Education lawst. Word to the nikka that co-signed you that posted that Herman Edwards was as good as Moss.

lol. Clowns.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

Ok and

Lmfao, what?
    Because he had the most touchdowns in a season, that means he had the best season ever?
    Rice's 22TD in a strike shortened 12 game season is much more impressive than Moss's 23 TD in 16.
    And I'd take Rice's 1995 season over any season, 122 Rec 1848 Yards 15TDs, not to mention Steve Young missed 5 games that season.

Aight, aight, but lemme ask you this, lemme ask you this...

...Has Jerry Rice ever caught a jump ball on ESPN with cornrows?

Sonned.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif[/quote]

I feel the same way KG.

I never even heard of the stat YAC until Rice came into the league. That quick slant was a killer. Jimmy the Greek will agree with me, he was the first i ever heard to use it.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol some of ya'll should just back away and act like this thread never existed
  • rage
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

Ok and

Lmfao, what?

Oh I see so because you say that 15TD and 122 rec and 1848 yards its better than 23 TDs 98 Rec and 1453 yards?? By what barometer? Like how you completely side stepped the other stuff though.

• rage
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yet this ? 's response to megatron and other tall, fast receivers going across the middle was...

"...Megatron didn't make the playoffs doe."

Cool facts, bro.

Foh. These Madden-fans need to leave real football to the real fans.

Yeah, I know how all those numbers and stats can be a problem for you uneducated hillbillies
    Lmao! Keep thinking ? Julio Jones is in the same league as Moss...LOL this ? actually said Julio Jones!!!

So not only are you dumb enough to think Moss is better than Rice, but you also can't read. Why am I not surprised.

I mentioned Brandon Marshall and Julio 'cause they are both "tall, fast receivers" that go across the middle all the time.

Replying to that dumb ? you said about "why should 6'5" 4.2 receiver go across the middle."

Smh. Education lawst. Word to the nikka that co-signed you that posted that Herman Edwards was as good as Moss.

lol. Clowns.

The irony of this hillbilly

Moss may not be THE GOAT...but he's the closest one to it.

Not once have I said that Moss is better than Rice...I have said repeatedly he is the closest one to Rice.
    LMAO at having an uncover-able 6.4", 4.2- 40 yard wide receiver running across the middle. I swear some of you idiots dont know ? about football.

Once again the English language has betrayed you. There is nothing about Julio Jones or Brandon Marshal that makes them the uncover-able deep threat Moss was. They have to go over the middle cuz they arent on Moss's level. The only player thats as talented as Moss is, is Megatron. And I've already showed your ? how well the Lions do when CJ is used as a deep threat as opposed to some slot receiver ? they have him doing now.

• greenwood1921
    Options
    And ain't this the same nikka that said Manning "wasn't clutch" because he threw a INT in the first 5 minutes of the game.?

smh.

Now he writing titangraphs of feels to save face.

Stop breathing, bruh.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

true but misleading....Minnesota was a decent team who nobody thought was on the rise....pretty damn average in fact....they had pieces on defense and pieces on offense......Brad Johnson didn't light ? up the year before Moss got there....he threw for 20-12....now the very next year they get Moss....15-1 NFC Championship apperance and it would have been a Super Bowl appearance if Gary Anderson wouldn't have missed that field goal....and that offense was unstoppable
  • rage
    edited January 2013
    Options
    And ain't this the same nikka that said Manning "wasn't clutch" because he threw a INT in the first 5 minutes of the game.?

smh.

Stop breathing, bruh.

Quote that ? ...

Bruh...you made a statement that has been so roundly clowned on in THIS VERY thread that you've actually become the joke IN THIS thread. We still waiting on that 15...
  • rage
    Options

Ok and

You might have a point if Rice wasn't the all time TD leader by more than 30 touchdowns lmao

At whats my point exactly??
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dis thread is outta control man lmfao
  • greenwood1921
    Options

smh.

Stop breathing, bruh.

Quote that ? ...

Bruh...you made a statement that has been so roundly clowned on in THIS VERY thread that you've actually become the joke IN THIS thread. We still waiting on that 15...

I've just been informed in another thread that you're known for posting dumb ? like this. So I'll treat you like I treat all retards and just try to look away and laugh to myself.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Ok and

You might have a point if Rice wasn't the all time TD leader by more than 30 touchdowns lmao

BlackAX410 wrote: »
    dis thread is outta control man lmfao

lol @ Axel posting right after a unintentional Axelism.

Axel get a text everytime a ? types silly ? . At least Axel do it on purpose.
  • rage
    edited January 2013
    Options

Ok and

You're making these points about Randy Moss being the youngest to do all this stuff with TDs but does that really even matter if we are focusing on an entire career?

Rice has 51 more TDs than Moss does right now...I don't think it matters that Moss got to a certain point at a younger age...

My point by bringing up those facts is that when Moss had a good to great QB he put GOAT like numbers. Numbers that had they been sustained COULD have put him in contention for the GOAT title. Now SHOULDA/WOULDA/COULDA being what it is Rice is obviously the GOAT.

The whole issue started when that ? hillbilly started going of on how there are 15 better receivers than Moss. Your gonna sit there and tell me thats true?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this debate reminds me of MJ vs Kobe.
    The older guys say MJ (Rice) and the younger guys say Kobe (Moss)
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this debate reminds me of MJ vs Kobe.
    The older guys say MJ (Rice) and the younger guys say Kobe (Moss)

naw....not a good analogy because even the younger folks recognize Rice......if not then ya might wanna change up ya circle