Official "What You Reading At The Moment" thread..........

Options

Comments

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ? yourself if youre not reading Moon Knight right now. Its ? amazing. Shame Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey are leaving the title after only 7 issues.
  • Knives Amilli
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    ? yourself if youre not reading Moon Knight right now. Its ? amazing. Shame Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey are leaving the title after only 7 issues.

Good story horrible artwork

Whattttttttt

Moon_Knight_Marvel_Now.jpg![]()

MK3c.jpg

moon-knight-2014-2-punch.jpg

? so clean brah. Shalveys line work is immaculate, neat and clean but also having a sketch look to them. And his Moon Knight literally jumps off the page.

• A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished a nice retread of:

Identity Crisis
    Batman: The Black Glove and R.I.P.
    Final Crisis

Which is around where I stopped reading comics for some years.. I highly enjoy this ? though. Need some recommendations for post-Infinite Crisis DCU - best of the best. I need to catch up
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Whattttttttt

MK3c.jpg

? so clean brah. Shalveys line work is immaculate, neat and clean but also having a sketch look to them. And his Moon Knight literally jumps off the page.

His new costume is tough. But I thought I read somewhere in his latest title he was supposed to just wear the mask and a white business suit with a red tie.
  • Knives Amilli
    Options

Whattttttttt

MK3c.jpg

His new costume is tough. But I thought I read somewhere in his latest title he was supposed to just wear the mask and a white business suit with a red tie.

Moon Knight is mostly in his "Mr. Knight" getup (the suit and tie) throughout most of the book. ? I think the redesigned hero duds only appear in two of the last 6 issues....
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have to admit that after The Superior Spiderman ended, I kinda felt The Amazing Spiderman wasn't gonna be that good; it started off kinda dull. Let's face it: the end of Goblin Nation in Superior was kinda weak.

Ever since it was revealed that the same spider that bit Peter Parker had bit another chic (Silk), I've been kinda interested.

Well, those two finally met in last month's TASM issue and fought a lil bit. Chic is faster than Parker (stronger too, i think) and for some reason, after all of that fighting they engaged in...they end up doing this on the rooftops:

4000975-url.jpg

After all of the ? Doc Ock put Parker through, with Mary Jane's stuck up ass fronting on him and with the Black Cat fixin' to tear up his apart for what "Spock" did to her, if anyone in the Marvel Universe needs a new smash piece, its Peter Parker.

I wanna see if they allow Parker to move on from MJW; she has.

I also wanna see just how badly The Black Cat ? him up outta revenge, especially when she finds out he has a new ? .
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since Batman Dark knight been cancelled I haven't pick up an Batman book

What Batman Book that's out have the Darkness and grit of Dark knight
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    im gonna b lookin for some cloak n dagger n sum good street level acrobatics...reading the new dd rite now
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok finally....about to pick up DC again...which books storyline I need to follow right now for Bats and other DC books?
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    Reading:

Futures End
    World's End (will start on it this week)
    Batman: Dark Mirror
    Gates of Gotham
    Flash : Rebirth & Flash: Terminal Velocity (I posted the link in the Flash thread in LCA subforum to get ready for the Flash Show)

• thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    back issues of bp and secret wars
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Lotta people been telling me futures end really picked up from it's poor start. I'll probably still just wait for the trade tho
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Read the first secret wars amazing spider man 2-7 waiting on 8 tomorrow axis
    Death of wolverine
    And now old school spider man
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    Picking up all of The Spectre Vol. 1-4 to read today.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished Injustice Year One.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have to admit that after The Superior Spiderman ended, I kinda felt The Amazing Spiderman wasn't gonna be that good; it started off kinda dull. Let's face it: the end of Goblin Nation in Superior was kinda weak.

Ever since it was revealed that the same spider that bit Peter Parker had bit another chic (Silk), I've been kinda interested.

Well, those two finally met in last month's TASM issue and fought a lil bit. Chic is faster than Parker (stronger too, i think) and for some reason, after all of that fighting they engaged in...they end up doing this on the rooftops:

4000975-url.jpg

After all of the ? Doc Ock put Parker through, with Mary Jane's stuck up ass fronting on him and with the Black Cat fixin' to tear up his apart for what "Spock" did to her, if anyone in the Marvel Universe needs a new smash piece, its Peter Parker.

I wanna see if they allow Parker to move on from MJW; she has.

I also wanna see just how badly The Black Cat ? him up outta revenge, especially when she finds out he has a new ? .

I got to get back into reading comics again I ended up moving late last year and I haven't been able to catch up on anything I remember I finished reading Superior Spider-Man (good series) and then I got half way into the new ASM series with Parker returning to his body. I will be checking out that Spider-Man story Arc "Renew Your Vows" but I think from now on I'll be catching all my comics via digital DC or Marvel. I got too many books as is.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Saga
    The Manhattan Projects
    Thief of Thieves

IDW

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

DC

The Multiversity
    Action Comics
    Detective Comics
    Batman & Robin
    Gotham Academy
    Batman '66
    Aquaman
    Wonder Woman
    The Flash
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern Corps
    Red Lanterns
    Swamp Thing
    Justice League
    Justice League 3000
    Worlds' Finest

Valiant

X-O Manowar
    Unity
    Bloodshot
    Archer & Armstrong

Marvel

Daredevil
    All-New X-Men
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Spawn 250...it was doo doo grits. I'll give it another chance next month
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spawn 250...it was doo doo grits. I'll give it another chance next month

Simmons comes back next month right? i heard mcfarland aint writing it anymore starting next month too. Love 90's spawn but i wasnt a fan of that White guy spawn at all. Glad to see simmons coming back. I think ima start buying books again next month.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Yeah, Spawn Resurrection next month. 250 was really just a wrap up of the white guy Spawn's storyline. 250 was oversized and over priced. Simmons showed up like the last page and had zero dialogue.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Over the weekend i got Preacher books 2 and 3, The Killing Joke, and Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps. Never read the blackest night/brightest day arc, just got a summary of what they were about, gonna start buying them though.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Batman and Robin is hilarious. Damien is such an ?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty much only comics I read are Batman, Justice League or that related to the Batman Family (Batman & Robin,Batgirl, Birds of Prey etc)
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Almost done with Batman Eternal vol 1, waiting on vol 2 to drop..

Gonna get into Aquaman vol 1 next..
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    Can't get into a Batman book at all. I ? with Justice League tho and Justice League 3000. I'm branching out into more DC books I'll cop the trades so I can read a whole series in one setting so I can catch up. Marvel is still my preferred books over everything

You have to start with certain one shots and essential stories of Batman before diving into a current book. Unless it's Batman Eternal, then you can start from issue 1.