Official "What You Reading At The Moment" thread..........

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Finally started book 3 of "Preacher". Love this book. Cant wait to see how the TV show turns out.

I wanna start this, and Scalped.

You reading Southern ? ?

Damn my bad aint check back in here in a minute. Nah i aint heard of southern ? but ill check it out. I heard good things about Scalped too im gonna check that out as well.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    But I myself just picked up Batman: Hush for the first time. Heard good things.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    In the middle of rereading Death in the Family. Need some suggestions on some new comics.

? you

Gotdamn bruh you been following me all over flagging my threads in ya punk ass feelings cuz no one like that juggalo ? but you. Let it go son

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Comics I'm Reading:

Batman
    Batman Arkham Knight
    Batman Detective Comics
    Batman & Robin Eternal
    Batman/Superman
    Justice League
    Justice League America (JLA)
    New Suicide Squad
    Black Canary
    Batgirl
    Wonder Woman

How's Detective these days?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Comics I'm Reading:

Batman
    Batman Arkham Knight
    Batman Detective Comics
    Batman & Robin Eternal
    Batman/Superman
    Justice League
    Justice League America (JLA)
    New Suicide Squad
    Black Canary
    Batgirl
    Wonder Woman

How's Detective these days?

Its ok Im kinda waiting Bruce to be Batman again Gordon as Bats has run its course.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    New Comic Wednesday

dhbntz.jpg
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still gotta get the rest of the Darkseid War tie-ins. I already got the Superman, Batman, Flash and Luthor ones.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still gotta get the rest of the Darkseid War tie-ins. I already got the Superman, Batman, Flash and Luthor ones.

The Green Lantern one is really good. Don't skip it. Batman was the weakest by far.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last week I got Superman Earth 1 & Batman Earth 2 digital. The Superman version was good ass reading and I see WB based the Man of Steel movie from that comic alone. I got a tablet during BF sales and man I'm a start getting my book through digital more often.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Just copped batman: hush, spawn origins volume 1, and a book called spawn: new flesh collection. Never heard of it or the writer/artist but I flipped through it and the art was dope as ? so I hope it's good. Love reading spawn.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Strain series
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman Eternal (on 20 now)

Batman & Robin Eternal next

How's Convergence?

• VIBE
    Options
    Ah, ? , forgot about the batman/tmnt, gonna download that now
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    @VIBE do you download single issue comics? Like the current dc and marvel issues? Where you download from?
  • VIBE
    Options
    Kick ass torrents

And currently only DC

I'm kinda burnt out on Marvel right now.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Me too. I just started buying comics again last week for the first time in a year or more. Realized i had bought nothing but DC and Image comics haha. I was always more of a fan of DC though.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Same here..

Haven't read the Batman/TMNT yet but it's there, I'll read it later.

Also just DL'd Static Shock, a shame they cut it off at 8 issues. He needs to be given a good run.

Once I'm done w the eternal comics, thinking of flashpoint..

I haven't read ? , I just got into comics about a year ago, and read what i bought and never went back to the store, now that I can download them, I'll be catching up on all the good stuff

Wanna jump into Trinity War, Forever Evil then Convergence.

idk if I should read flashpointbefore ^^
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman/Superman vol. 4 (downloaded)
    Batman & Robin vol. 6 (downloaded)

That's what I've read so far buying books digitally cuts down on the clutter of buying the actual hard copies. I have so many comics I need to get rid of them. I'm loving what DC is doing overall but I refuse to go anywhere near Marvel after all the ? they've done. Only way I read Marvel is if it was pre Secret Wars.

Titles I still need to read:

Batman & Robin vol. 7
    Superman Earth One: vol. 2
    Daredevil: End of Days
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Same here..

Haven't read the Batman/TMNT yet but it's there, I'll read it later.

Also just DL'd Static Shock, a shame they cut it off at 8 issues. He needs to be given a good run.

Once I'm done w the eternal comics, thinking of flashpoint..

I haven't read ? , I just got into comics about a year ago, and read what i bought and never went back to the store, now that I can download them, I'll be catching up on all the good stuff

Wanna jump into Trinity War, Forever Evil then Convergence.

idk if I should read flashpointbefore ^^

Flashpoint was dope af. I got the collection of those stories. I unfortunately stopped following rigght when forever evil or trinity war started. Whichever of those 2 came first.

I hate how they will have a big story arc like Flashpoint and sell a graphic novel of it, but then you have to get all the connecting books like flashpoint: batman, flashpoint: wonder woman lol. So many damn tie ins. I hate not having the complete story of something. Even if I hate the book. I followed captain atom up until it got cancelled at issue 8. Hated the book, but thought the character was dope and had potential and hoped the story would pick up but it never did =/. Did the same thing with new 52 blue beetle. Ugh that was wack. ? Jaime reyes.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Good thing about downloading this ? is they have all of it together for you.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had download the whole Flashpoint and tie-ins and only read the main Flashpoint books lol...but yeah it good to have everything in one place.

Right now I'm reading the Vader Down storyline..............this ? already started out insane....I actually love the pace and the idea where that story goes.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Went to Comic Shop Justice League 47 sold out :/
  • VIBE
    Options
    Alright, kinda ? off I read Eternal first. Had I known to read the whole Owls ? first, I would've been more surprised. No clue who this dude is, except he's a big part of one of the best comics ever written, I've read from fans.

But I am glad they 'saved' the ending like they did.

Now, gonna go read Year One and work my way up to the Owls stuff, even though I know a small bit of it. I'm sure it's still good reading.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Alright, kinda ? off I read Eternal first. Had I known to read the whole Owls ? first, I would've been more surprised. No clue who this dude is, except he's a big part of one of the best comics ever written, I've read from fans.

But I am glad they 'saved' the ending like they did.

Now, gonna go read Year One and work my way up to the Owls stuff, even though I know a small bit of it. I'm sure it's still good reading.

Should had got at me about the Bats reading order...one thing with Batman -- Always read Year One BEFORE reading everything else. I got the Owls omnibus stuff, but it's on my external and I'm not at the crib at the moment tho.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keep in mind Year One and it's sequels that I recommended are from the pre-flashpoint timeline. However it's from arguably the best continuity and totally worth it; but again it has no real connection to this owls stuff the origin for that continuity is called Zero Year.