Official "What You Reading At The Moment" thread..........

Options

Comments

• Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you aren't reading The Omega Men, you're slipping.

Just read that Constantine number 1 and they do the ? stuff off the jump. It's sad too because Dark Universe's (Justice League Dark) ideas went into that book. Straight trash.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been hearing ? about how good omega men is. Might have to put that on the list. I'm way behind tho
  • Paprika
    Options
    Yeah man its really good. When it came out over here the issues were sold out. Might want to read them online.

I need to catch up on Morning Glories too, last issue I read was 34. Probably at 53 the way they ship their comics out.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    This checks buy

Titans 17
    Spawn 261
    Omega men 1-5
    Justice league 48
    Cyborg 8
    Morales spider man 2
    Swamp thing 3
    Unfollow 5
    Aquaman 49
    Flash 49
    Green lantern 50
    Supes 49
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Checked out 1 and 2 of omega men @Paprika thanks for the suggestion it's pretty cool. Gonna add it to the pull box. Bummed I didnt get all 9 issues.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Constantine is far from trash. It's easily the best book that character has been in since Flashpoint.
  • Paprika
    Options
    I read the first five issues and he seemed pretty bland to me. He was more of the ? he was in Hell blazer but that was the extent of it.

Picked up Clean Room # 1 and 2 on my lunch break.

Art looks fantastic. I hope Gail Simone does this story justice.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I picked up the Injustice Gods Among Us comic (based on the video game) ? I been thoroughly entertained by this story. A True ? civil war.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Yeah Injustice was dope but I fell really behind during year 2 and they're now on year 5 (the last one) so I guess I'll trade wait it all.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Yeah Injustice was dope but I fell really behind during year 2 and they're now on year 5 (the last one) so I guess I'll trade wait it all.

I left off on Year 3... I will wait til year 4 and 5 come out in graphic novel form... But very entertaining story so many characters getting killed during this war its crazy man.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gave up on Injustice. It was fun at first but it became mostly filler. It didn't really hold interest.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm bout a good 3, 3 1/2 months behind on all the ? I read. Going to the shop tomorrow to see if I can catch up. Might jump on some new books too and leave some stuff behind.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    New batsuit is kinda wack to me
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Finished the omega men. Or im up to date on it now. ? is Fire I was wondering wtf happened to kyle Rayner but he was taken by these guys. I like broot and tigorr a lot. Are the omega men new characters? Or have they been around for awhile?
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Finished the omega men. Or im up to date on it now. ? is Fire I was wondering wtf happened to kyle Rayner but he was taken by these guys. I like broot and tigorr a lot. Are the omega men new characters? Or have they been around for awhile?

They've been around since the 80s. But yeah this series has been pretty incredible.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

They've been around since the 80s. But yeah this series has been pretty incredible.

What is the Significance of Omega? i thought Omega was just a symbol for Darkseid. Is it something more in the DC universe? They have the same symbol as darkseids omega symbol. Did he create them or something?
  • Broddie
    edited March 2016
    Options

What is the Significance of Omega? i thought Omega was just a symbol for Darkseid. Is it something more in the DC universe? They have the same symbol as darkseids omega symbol. Did he create them or something?

The word omega just means end as in the last letter of the greek alphabet which is what brings an end to that sequence (this letter here: Ω). Omega Men represent the end of the tyranny and oppression of The Citadelians in their story. Darkseid also represents and end of things but he exists in a plane of existence unknown by most in the DCU iand simply beyond their level of understanding in every way.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Ah dope. Thanks. I'm really digging the current story, I hope they continue it in the dc rebirth story arc.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deadly Class, The Autumnlands, and Sons Of The Devil are my favorites at the moment.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Was in the neighborhood and had a few bucks on me. Couldn't pass up on a few #1 issues.

kg99o69moqkw.jpg

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    5rnlk495q7ub.jpg

Also, made a random buy last visit at the shop. Saw this book and picked it up, it's a indie comic and only on issue 1 but it's pretty cool I think yall would like it
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Superman Earth One
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never been into comic books.... but i downloaded the walking dead comics since ive watched all the episodes

think i got the first 150 comics or something like that. i binge read them at work when its slow.. its cool to read them and see what the show tweaked .. comic waay more gory than the show.. kinda ? i just got into reading them
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    On issue 2 of BP. My first Marvel book since the original Civil War