Official "What You Reading At The Moment" thread..........

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Superman Earth One

Been wanting to check that one out. Written by Geoff Johns isnt it? Anyone know who all has an "Earth One" comic? I know there is superman and batman.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and the Teen Titans have E-1 books
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Today i picked up:

Aquaman #1
    The Flash #1
    Detective Comics #935
    Cyborg #12
    Action Comics #958
    Teen titans #21
    Batman #1
    Green Lanterns #1
    Suicide Squad #21
    Superman #1
    Swamp Thing #6 (Last issue of the mini series)
    Wonder Woman #1
    Justice League #51 and #52
    Scooby Apocalypse #2
    The Fix (Image) #3
    BEK: Black Eyed Kids #3 (Aftershock)
    Black Road #3 (Image)
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Marvel/Disney star wars books. I'm late and thhese books are great. I'm reading Skywalker strikes back at the moment. I'm on the second chapter where luke goes back to tattooine dan finds obi-wans journal seeking more Jedi knowledge. He then goes to nar shadaa a hustlers moon base gets captured by a hutt and forced to gladiator fight while han runs into his estranged black wife. Say what?!?! These books are well written and well illustrated . It's like I'm reading a sequel. Next up I'll check out Vader down and obi-wans anikin
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and the Teen Titans have E-1 books

I really like the current teen titans book. Probably one of my fave titles. Superman was alright so is batman. Haven't read the rebirth books yet. Still catching up on all the titles before I read them
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Superman Earth One

Been wanting to check that one out. Written by Geoff Johns isnt it? Anyone know who all has an "Earth One" comic? I know there is superman and batman.

The entire series has been by JMS. He quit monthly comics to just focus on Supes Earth One and his original creator owned ? . Batman Earth One series is by Johns.
  • Broddie
    Options
    2czbypv.jpg

One of the greatest Wonder Woman stories ever.
  • Broddie
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Marvel/Disney star wars books. I'm late and thhese books are great. I'm reading Skywalker strikes back at the moment. I'm on the second chapter where luke goes back to tattooine dan finds obi-wans journal seeking more Jedi knowledge. He then goes to nar shadaa a hustlers moon base gets captured by a hutt and forced to gladiator fight while han runs into his estranged black wife. Say what?!?! These books are well written and well illustrated . It's like I'm reading a sequel. Next up I'll check out Vader down and obi-wans anikin

The Lando mini series by Charles Soule was brilliant but it was also the only one I ? with.
  • Broddie
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Right now at this very moment I'm reading the latest issues of Archie (#9), Judge Dredd (#7) and BttF (#10). The first issue of Matt Wagner's current Shadow mini series as well.

I also finally got Superman: Lois and Clark #8 which I've been hunting down for 2 months and never found till today. Better late than never.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Just got done reading rough riders 2-3. I really like this book it's dope af. It's like the avengers with these pepole from history.

Teddy Roosevelt - he's the leader. Like captain america. The leader and strategist.
    Boxer jack johnson - he's the muscle
    Houdini - magic and illusions, smarts to get out of bad situations.
    Thomas Edison - he pretty much just supplies the crew with tools and weapons so far. Also someone with smarts in different areas of science.

Then there's a chick who I can't remember the name of but she's like black widow. A country assassin.

So far the story is them to figure out who bombed an American ship off the coast of Cuba back in the late 1800s. Have to solve it before the country goes to war.

Then I caught up on all the issues of spawn I haven't read. 259-263. I started at the Satan wars saga. I thought it was a good arc. Wanda was killed and sent to hell, Simmons goes to save her. Satan wants the hell spawn symbiote. Spawn gets ? involves and is able to fool Satan by using his suit as a nuke. Simmons goes back to earth promising Wanda to protect people but all he has left of his suit is a chain link. He is now without powers fighting crime with Terry Fitzgerald helping him out. The chain link will fuse to his body like the suit used to but it only covers his hand partially. He thinks he will be able to regrow it while portals to heaven and hell are sealed.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am currently collecting omnibus hardcovers and absolutes the only single issue comic I ? with right now is black panther. I just order 1-6 of the hell boy library editions and I have an x-man omnibus on the way as well as vol 4 of inuyashiki

that will be it for me this month but next month I will pick up that marvel civil war boxset
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that rough riders ? sounds dope as ? . I love books on Teddy Roosevelt
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    that rough riders ? sounds dope as ? . I love books on Teddy Roosevelt

I HIGHLY recommend it. Probably one of the coolest books i follow right now and its only on issue 4.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    I am currently collecting omnibus hardcovers and absolutes the only single issue comic I ? with right now is black panther. I just order 1-6 of the hell boy library editions and I have an x-man omnibus on the way as well as vol 4 of inuyashiki

that will be it for me this month but next month I will pick up that marvel civil war boxset

Speaking of BP ............

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    Just checked out black road by image comics. Pretty cool. Based in viking territory, somewhere In Europe doesn't really say. The Christians are moving in and doing a conversion. Making people convert to their religion. Pepole that believe in the old Norse gods and other pagans go out into the open area away from the cities and male little villages. One man named magnus gets hired on to take a Kardinal up the black road, north to the coast. On the journey a Christian group kills him. Kardinals daughter saves magnus and you find out that a man named oakenfort was exiled from Rome and started the conversion in the area the book takes place. Magnus and the Kardinals daughter journey north to find oakenfort and ? him. Only 3 issues out so far but the art is dope af and the story is good so far. I thought it was gonna be dungeons and dragons type ? but it isnt. So far at least.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does any of the content of those omnibus books get lost in the binding? By that I mean panels aren't able to be read because they are sewn in to close to the middle. Kinda hard to explain.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does any of the content of those omnibus books get lost in the binding? By that I mean panels aren't able to be read because they are sewn in too close to the middle. Kinda hard to explain.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Black Eyed kids was cool. Felt like some children of the corn ? . Real eerie. So far, kids are popping up with black eyes killing folks. This kid kills his mom, step dad and almost kills his sister. Becomes a black Eyed kid and follows the other kids around. The biological father sees him do this and takes his wife and runs off to make a plan. A writer gets kidnapped by the leader who is some dude trapped in a kids body. Like a seven year old body lol. He wants the writer to document the end of humanity. Biological father is on the way to get his daughter out of the hospital and make a plan. 3 issues so far.

Tomorrow I'm going to catch up on the fix by image comics, PowerLine by image, and suiciders: kings of helL.A. by vertigo
  • zzombie
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »

Does any of the content of those omnibus books get lost in the binding? By that I mean panels aren't able to be read because they are sewn in to close to the middle. Kinda hard to explain.

EVERY MARVEL omnibus that i have encountered so far has had great binding so there is not much art loss.
  • zzombie
    edited July 2016
    Options
    BY the way is you are not reading vinland saga then you are doing yourself and the rest of the world a disservice. SKIP buying fight club 2, it's total trash, and the greatest dissapointment in fiction i have ever had the displeasure of coming across calling it a COMPLETE LET DOWN would be an understatement... however, if you are looking for a non-comic book recommendation check out a book called the house of leaves it is weird as ? and very experimental
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Damn I was really wanting to check out Fight Klub 2.

So far, every indie comic I own has been fire. Really interested in what The Fix is about. The Art looks like it was drawn by the people who do the art for Grand Theft Auto covers.
  • zzombie
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Damn I was really wanting to check out Fight Klub 2.

So far, every indie comic I own has been fire. Really interested in what The Fix is about. The Art looks like it was drawn by the people who do the art for Grand Theft Auto covers.

Get it if you really want to but in my estimation it's complete trash the art is fine the dialogue is good but the plot and overall story is horrible... especially if you read the original fight club or even if you just saw the movie you will hate this sequel.

ORIGINALLY i was going to wait and pick up the library edition of fight club 2 that's coming out in a few months but after reading it in the format that's out now???? i really am considering selling this ? , it's so horrible.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Just read the fix. Written by Nick Spencer and drawn by Steve lieber.

This ? is funny as ? and cool as hell. Starts out with two guys robbing a man in a senior living facility. Find out the robbers are actually cops who are crooked as all hell. They owe a guy a lot of money and are doing the crime to try paying him back. They build it up to him being an evil ? . He is, but he is also a health freak and a nice guy on the surface but will ? you if you owe him money. I can't explain it too well, but this is an awesome book and pretty funny. Instantly one of the best books I'm following. Highly recommend, art is awesome and the story for these last 3 issues has been good af.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally reading The Preacher. First 2 arcs are read and all I can say is ? ? damn.