Would You Allow Your Child To Get Wisdom From Gucci Mane In School? *updated* Shawty Lo too!!

Options

Comments

• Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    kai_valya wrote: »
    H2O Gates wrote: »
    Well, well, well, look at what we have here, another career day motivational speaker smh

shawty-lo.jpg?w=586&h=592

My ? ...
    4j6r5u.gif

Then...
    3766409464_da8408e8e6_o.gif

But the real loser here...?

Atlanta's school system. Smh

Whats really sad about that ? is ATL's school system is already one of the worst in the country.

damn, that's saying a lot, especially since america has one of the worst schools systems in a developed country (even worse than some undeveloped ones actually)

that's like being the dumbest kid in a special ed class

i pray for this country

But sadly, how America is set up, some of these dumb ? and their hard-headed ignorance influence others to be dumb.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I have yet to hear a reasonable explanation why a celebrity coming to the school and bringing a positive message is a bad thing.

I think Gucci is an idiot and I hate his music, but if he want's to go to a school and trying to deliver something uplifting to the kids, why shouldn't he be able to?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No
    I have yet to hear a reasonable explanation why a celebrity coming to the school and bringing a positive message is a bad thing.

I think Gucci is an idiot and I hate his music, but if he want's to go to a school and trying to deliver something uplifting to the kids, why shouldn't he be able to?

I dont think nobody has a problem with Gucci himself, I wouldnt expect the dude to say no. Its more about the school letting a dude whos been in the news for all the wrong things with a big ass tattoo on his face come to the school.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd let my son go...cause my lil ? would sit there and disrupt the classroom whilst laughing at the man with a ice cream cone tatted on his face...

I know that my son would make Gucci look like a dumb ? in front of the whole class....hilarity would ensue...
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

I dont think nobody has a problem with Gucci himself, I wouldnt expect the dude to say no. Its more about the school letting a dude whos been in the news for all the wrong things with a big ass tattoo on his face come to the school.

not to mention both him and shawty lo are known for poisoning their own communities
  • Pyrexcup
    Pyrexcup Members Posts: 358
    Options

? you still onto his tattoo
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

So only immaculate people are allowed to do work in the community. It doesn't really matter what he's done. If he's going in there talking about his issues and telling the kids not to make the mistakes he made and to do things the right way, isn't that a message they need to hear. If the people at the school recognize that these kids are being negatively affected by what they see on tv, isn't it smart of them to bring in some of the people responsible for that bad imagery to do some damage control?

Like I said, I have yet to hear a good explanation for why it's bad and what harm it could cause. So what he has a tattoo on his face. It's not about what's on his face. It's about the message he delivers and the kind of impact it could have on some impressionable kid who may be going in the wrong direction.
  • Stew
    edited February 2013
    Options
    No
    Pyrexcup wrote: »

Yes tattoos are permanent in case u didnt know.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn pyrexcup caught feelings in here
  • Pyrexcup
    Options

is it your body tho? why are you so consered about what a next man does to his body? are you his wife or some ?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's next, making Waka Flocka a guidance counselor/

Sure why not? ? would be great at getting future strippers a job.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    No
    Pyrex still caping for these ? ?
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

is it your body tho? why are you so consered about what a next man does to his body? are you his wife or some ?

is that a combo of censored and concerned?
  • Pyrexcup
    Options
    ? damn pyrexcup caught feelings in here
    never that im calm
  • Pyrexcup
    Options

is that a combo of censored and concerned?

im on my phone
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    who are these people

they dont psot this on storm front crackkka

where do they psot
  • Stew
    Options
    No

So only immaculate people are allowed to do work in the community. It doesn't really matter what he's done. If he's going in there talking about his issues and telling the kids not to make the mistakes he made and to do things the right way, isn't that a message they need to hear. If the people at the school recognize that these kids are being negatively affected by what they see on tv, isn't it smart of them to bring in some of the people responsible for that bad imagery to do some damage control?

Like I said, I have yet to hear a good explanation for why it's bad and what harm it could cause. So what he has a tattoo on his face. It's not about what's on his face. It's about the message he delivers and the kind of impact it could have on some impressionable kid who may be going in the wrong direction.
    blackrain wrote: »
    On WKYS radio station here the personality Angie Ang was on air yesterday praising Gucci Mane for doing this career day event and calling Alicia Keys irrelevant for the position she just got with Blackberry lol...

I wouldnt say Gucci was wrong for doing it but I would say the school was wrong for having him there. Out of all of the entertainers and entrepreneurs in Atlanta you picked Gucci Mane? Really?

U a got damn liar if you tell me that Gucci would be a top 5 candidate in this city to bring in for "uplifting" to middle schoolers.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smdh......Gucci & Shawty Lo though? I guess Alley Boy was busy that day.
    **Pours out liquor for the lost generation**
  • Stew
    edited February 2013
    Options
    No

I dont idiot, Id be concerned that my child would be listening to this clown in class. That is what this topic is about isnt it? Or is it you following me around the whole damn time wondering why I dont find anything wrong with a dude who raps like a 4th grader and has an ice cream cone tattooed on his face?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I looked up to my pops.

He taught me to he man and how to carry myself.

Now that I have a son the lessons he taught me is even more valuable.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Y'all blowing this out of proportion, he's just a guest for career day. Not a substitute teacher.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    So he can't do it because of the negativity he's in the news for?
    Well y'all should be ok with nicki minaj as a guest since there's nothing negative about her in the media.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Why is this such a big deal ? Y'all acting like Gucci teaching the kids about guns and sex

I'm sure whatever he said had a positive message to the kids.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Vaas wrote: »
    Y'all blowing this out of proportion, he's just a guest for career day. Not a substitute teacher.

A fool can destroyed in one day what a smart man took a lifetime to build.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    no disrespect, but some of u have no standards and deserve what u get in life... same for your kids...