Would You Allow Your Child To Get Wisdom From Gucci Mane In School? *updated* Shawty Lo too!!

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    No
    I'm saying that Tupac >>> Gucci... not Tupac >>> MLK...
    Tupac was articulate and socially conscious despite his mistakes... say I'm lying...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Not sure that you can be very articulate and socially conscience when you're stomping ? and rapping about ? a black man's wife.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    No
    u r a liar if u say Tupac wasnt articulate and socially conscious...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No
    Vaas wrote: »
    Not sure that you can be very articulate and socially conscience when you're stomping ? and rapping about ? a black man's wife.

How about pushing hoe's out of a moving vehicle?
  • Meta_Conscious
    edited February 2013
    Options
    No
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Tupac >>> Gucci... u disagree, ? an elephant tusk...

See this is a stupid response. So it's ok for Tupac to speak because he's a better rapper than Gucci? What difference does that make when it comes to him delivering a message to kids. lol

Pac was a better all around entity...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

Ok, but Tupac is the definition of a person who would have an ineffective message because at any point in his career he was the type to rap about some positive ? and then go out and do some negative ? .

I haven't heard much negative from Gucci. If he's turned over a new leaf and is bringing that message to kids, then guess what, he's a better person to speak to kids then Tupac ever was.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    smdh......Gucci & Shawty Lo though? I guess Alley Boy was busy that day.
    **Pours out liquor for the lost generation**

They could have got Mike Bigga (Killer Mike) 3 Stacks, Big Boi, JD, Cee-LO Stat Quo (Rapper that was on Aftermath from ATL) and has a law degree. That's five people I just named from Atlanta who is better qualified than Gucci.

Exactly. Like I said earlier, I can understand him, or any person for that matter, doing a good deed......dropping knowledge...etc. Wisdom can come from anyone, but people aren't taking into account how a child's mind works. Nobody is listening to Gucci waiting on him to drop bars of prolific, life changing, wisdom. I just think that it's a double edge sword where the message can possibly get lost because of the messenger. Try telling a kid to do better when all they see is you constantly ? up and doing (glorifying) the opposite of what you are telling them.....making that life seem so appealing and glamorous. Try telling a kid to go to school and be a doctor, lawyer, etc...and all they see is you grinning from ear to ear, high out your mind, fighting/shooting all the damn time....making it rain on strippers, etc. Gucci was just in the damn news today for beating up a dj in Memphis. Which image do you think is going to stick w/ the kids more.?? Nobody is perfect, but gatdamn......Gucci...???? Really???
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options

How about pushing hoe's out of a moving vehicle?

a little asphalt never hurt nobody.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    No

Ok, but Tupac is the definition of a person who would have an ineffective message because at any point in his career he was the type to rap about some positive ? and then go out and do some negative ? .

I haven't heard much negative from Gucci. If he's turned over a new leaf and is bringing that message to kids, then guess what, he's a better person to speak to kids then Tupac ever was.

thats a gawd damn lie... u ? must not know ? about Tupac...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    He was a better choice because the group actually had ties to gucci.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No

Da ? ? ? got real life beef with a rapper in the same damn city lol.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yes

I meant to say lately. I haven't heard much of anything at all about him lately. And what do I need to know about Tupac. Dude was a part of jumping someone the same day he got shot and killed. Yes, he said some good things. Yes, he did some good things. But he did a lot of bad ? too and he never put that behind him.

Again, if Gucci comes to a class talks about the bad things he did and tells kids not to do it, then disappears and they never hear anything about him again. That's a hell of a lot better than Tupac coming to the school telling kids a bunch of positive ? and then being on the TV the next day behaving in the exact opposite manner.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    No
    if u dont know the difference between Tupac and Gucci then I cant help u... good luck with being terrible parents...
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Yes
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Okay, let me put my pre-conceived notions and judgments aside for a second and entertain the possibility. Exactly what did Gucci discuss with the kids? And why would he be a better choice over Lupe Fiasco, J. Cole, or Common coming to speak?

I don't see a choice on who it is, in the poll - just a yes/no on Gucci.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Who said they didn't? Gucci wasn't the only guest there.

gucci is a writer/artist about as much as perez hilton is a legit journalist, and i'd feel the same way if it was him

so what exactly is gucci gonna teach children about a career in language arts?

He can teach them how to push a ? out of the car properly. He can teach them how to butcher the English language. LOL at "Skreets"
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gucci Expecting A Litter Of Pups
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

I meant to say lately. I haven't heard much of anything at all about him lately. And what do I need to know about Tupac. Dude was a part of jumping someone the same day he got shot and killed. Yes, he said some good things. Yes, he did some good things. But he did a lot of bad ? too and he never put that behind him.

Again, if Gucci comes to a class talks about the bad things he did and tells kids not to do it, then disappears and they never hear anything about him again. That's a hell of a lot better than Tupac coming to the school telling kids a bunch of positive ? and then being on the TV the next day behaving in the exact opposite manner.

please tell me you're not comparing the ideals of gucci and tupac and what they believe in
  • black caesar
    Options
    No
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Being a teenager and a young one at that, I thought rappers were stupid, but a lot of kids look up to them like they were the truth. That ? is scary as hell, that music has that much power over someone. So I voted "No" on Gucci Mane coming to career day. I ain't seen one rapper leave columbus, oh and we have a ton of them around. We have some that made a good living as underground rappers but no mainstream. That's a terrible existence for someone who doesn't have much skill but a lot of dedication to being a successful rapper who only has a 2 to 3 year career, because truth be told most rappers who do reach that level.

I can see if he says stay in school and yadda yadda yadda, but the kids are going to be thinking about how he made it than doing what he is telling them NOT TO DO.

I like Fly Union. That group is tight. Hopefully they blow. Also ya'll do have a successful rapper (at least he was) his name is Bow Wow.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Being a teenager and a young one at that, I thought rappers were stupid, but a lot of kids look up to them like they were the truth. That ? is scary as hell, that music has that much power over someone. So I voted "No" on Gucci Mane coming to career day. I ain't seen one rapper leave columbus, oh and we have a ton of them around. We have some that made a good living as underground rappers but no mainstream. That's a terrible existence for someone who doesn't have much skill but a lot of dedication to being a successful rapper who only has a 2 to 3 year career, because truth be told most rappers who do reach that level.

I can see if he says stay in school and yadda yadda yadda, but the kids are going to be thinking about how he made it than doing what he is telling them NOT TO DO.

I like Fly Union. That group is tight. Hopefully they blow. Also ya'll do have a successful rapper (at least he was) his name is Bow Wow.

We don't claim him after he dissed us or even before. He a ? ? .
  • black caesar
    Options
    No

We don't claim him after he dissed us or even before. He a ? ? .

When did he diss ya'll? What did he say?

How do you feel about the group Fly Union?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    No
    AJackson,you too close to Cleveland b. So you lose by association.

How do that area feel about the Ravens possibly getting their second Super Bowl? Them chumps still mad @ Art. SMH!
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yes
    freehuey89 wrote: »

please tell me you're not comparing the ideals of gucci and tupac and what they believe in

No, I'm not and if that's what you got from what I said, you might be illiterate.
  • irad4185
    irad4185 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Options
    No
    Gucci about to drop Trap ? 2 and I doubt he on there singing gospel spirituals. A college or highschool would a been a better option cause at lesat they can distinguish between rap image and reality.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    No

Word

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsEHqOyX18M0c74NlyZPXOgDpPQZYXcmSkOZKBNOyeG9wLEXYiUQ

Radric-Davis-e1308773467330-300x407.jpg

Gucci-Mane-mugshot-5.400x800.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7Ne-ee8W_bFPnIHuOLpNVF-UXRG4ZOp5QptC_n8N8vPeJN109

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu7tRpTi9SB2SPzxvac8tfWxQRCsU1zlI-HDvpFVnXZLyv3ShT
    ^^LOL at the shirt

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStWilTOr7Ivn57ikxqmpwDTyqmJQ-KgwFRh56aCxvogt9xRUvj0Q

lmao @ it being cool for this guy to speak to your 14 yo
    u heard gucci was locked up....but that was just a rumor
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    No
    freehuey89 wrote: »

No, I'm not and if that's what you got from what I said, you might be illiterate.

lol relax. would you rather have tupac or gucci speak at your child's class