Would You Allow Your Child To Get Wisdom From Gucci Mane In School? *updated* Shawty Lo too!!

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only an idiot would think shortly lo is a bad idea. Him telling kids to wrap it up and talking about the hardship he faces as a result means more than any sex Ed wisdom snitchI or killer mike could give.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap boys call me "brick Gucci"..
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Being a teenager and a young one at that, I thought rappers were stupid, but a lot of kids look up to them like they were the truth. That ? is scary as hell, that music has that much power over someone. So I voted "No" on Gucci Mane coming to career day. I ain't seen one rapper leave columbus, oh and we have a ton of them around. We have some that made a good living as underground rappers but no mainstream. That's a terrible existence for someone who doesn't have much skill but a lot of dedication to being a successful rapper who only has a 2 to 3 year career, because truth be told most rappers who do reach that level.

I can see if he says stay in school and yadda yadda yadda, but the kids are going to be thinking about how he made it than doing what he is telling them NOT TO DO.

I like Fly Union. That group is tight. Hopefully they blow. Also ya'll do have a successful rapper (at least he was) his name is Bow Wow.

We don't claim him after he dissed us or even before. He a ? ? .

Ohio as a state has some great rappers (Stalley, BTNH, Fly Union, Young Deuce, etc). Especially funk and r&b
  • 2 Drawlz
    2 Drawlz Members Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Y not?
    Gucci is just speaking 2 these kids for a few hours.
    As in oppose 2 these teachers who's with them all day, doin lawd know's what.
    ya see them articles.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Stew wouldn't mind T.I. or Eminem talking to his kids I bet
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No
    ptowndonte wrote: »

How much u wanna bet?
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

How much u wanna bet?

Would you?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Just let go Stew.

• Stew
    edited February 2013
    Options
    No

How much u wanna bet?

Would you?

No I wouldnt. They're entertainers who make a living off of entertaining people not teaching life skills to kids. MJ is the GOAT entertainer, no way in hell would I have let my kids listen to that dude talk about anything. RIP
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I swear ? who voted for Gucci are trolling.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Um no. What doctors and Lawyers are too busy to talk to kids. Did Gucci tell the kids how to cook and package dope? Kids were probably asking Shawty Lo "are you my daddy."
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Tupac >>> Gucci... u disagree, ? an elephant tusk...

2pac has been to prison for sexual assault

2pac was always in the news getting arrested

Huey Newton was a known drug addict, had been to jail multiple times and probably was responsible for the deaths of a few people. MLK was a philanderer and a young Malcolm X was an extremist. Guess what? I wouldn't have any issues with them speaking to children. The difference? They all have command of the English language and have something to say.

Da ? Gucci or Shawty Lo gonna say to children? Will the kids even take anything positive away from their encounter? Or will the only thing that resonates with them be the fact that they're meeting two popular rappers? Even if they do have pieces of knowledge they could share, can they articulate it in a way so that it doesn't sound like Short Bus Shawty: The School Years?

Yeah, wisdom is wisdom, regardless of where it comes from, but do you really believe these two sambos actually have any wisdom to bestow upon anybody?
  • DetroitPlayaa
    DetroitPlayaa Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I don't have kids.. but ? I don't see what the problem is.. Getting wisdom from a millionaire can be just as critical to someone's life as getting wisdom from a convict.. Yall acting like this ? a ? or something.. Dude got kids too I'm sure he don't talk to them the same way he talk in his songs.. Call the ? ? but that ? ? know how to get money.. Honestly I think most of yall ? just hating cuz this "? ? " making more money than yall
  • Stew
    Options
    No
    I don't have kids.. but ? I don't see what the problem is.. Getting wisdom from a millionaire can be just as critical to someone's life as getting wisdom from a convict.. Yall acting like this ? a ? or something.. Dude got kids too I'm sure he don't talk to them the same way he talk in his songs.. Call the ? ? but that ? ? know how to get money.. Honestly I think most of yall ? just hating cuz this "? ? " making more money than yall

The good ol "hating" excuse lol never fails.

Would you let Eminem talk to your kids?
  • Like Water
    Options
    No

Money doesn't make you rich my G. There are plenty of people that have more money than they know what do with and are still miserable. As well as those who don't have as much, but are the happiest people in the world. And I can tell by your prerequisite "hating" remark that your mind is in an entirely different realm from someone like myself.

And I applaud anyone making money, including Gucci. What I don't applaud is how he portrays himself through the media. And that's the person KIDS see. Not adults, who know better, but young, impressionable children.

So miss me with that hatin ? . If you, or anyone else, can't come up with a better argument than that then I suggest you stop before you start.

SMH...

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    No
    H2O Gates wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Tupac >>> Gucci... u disagree, ? an elephant tusk...

2pac has been to prison for sexual assault

2pac was always in the news getting arrested

Huey Newton was a known drug addict, had been to jail multiple times and probably was responsible for the deaths of a few people. MLK was a philanderer and a young Malcolm X was an extremist. Guess what? I wouldn't have any issues with them speaking to children. The difference? They all have command of the English language and have something to say.

Da ? Gucci or Shawty Lo gonna say to children? Will the kids even take anything positive away from their encounter? Or will the only thing that resonates with them be the fact that they're meeting two popular rappers? Even if they do have pieces of knowledge they could share, can they articulate it in a way so that it doesn't sound like Short Bus Shawty: The School Years?

Yeah, wisdom is wisdom, regardless of where it comes from, but do you really believe these two sambos actually have any wisdom to bestow upon anybody?

Totally missed my point
  • Like Water
    Options
    No

Totally missed my point

Well... What is your point sir?

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I don't know if its true but I heard gucci beat up a dj in memphis
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Things I might allow Gucci Mane to discuss with my child:

1) How to avoid getting caught up in a gang
    2) The dangers of being involved in criminal activity
    3) The racism within the country/state's judicial system
    4) Things one should not do with their money if they wish to be financially responsible
    5) The importance of getting a good education and the consequences for failing to do so

Things I absolutely would not let Gucci Mane discuss with my child:

1) What "Put the pounds in the trash can, Gucci do the dishes" means.
    2) How to sell dope
    3) Why criminal activity is a good choice
    4) How to sell ?
    5) The unimportance of getting a good education and the benefits of refusing to do so
  • bubbaclot
    bubbaclot Members Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In a sense them and other rappers are educating a big portion of the Black youth wether parents allow it or not.

To so many these rappers are the truth speakers.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    AJackson,you too close to Cleveland b. So you lose by association.

How do that area feel about the Ravens possibly getting their second Super Bowl? Them chumps still mad @ Art. SMH!

I don't watch football or sports.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Being a teenager and a young one at that, I thought rappers were stupid, but a lot of kids look up to them like they were the truth. That ? is scary as hell, that music has that much power over someone. So I voted "No" on Gucci Mane coming to career day. I ain't seen one rapper leave columbus, oh and we have a ton of them around. We have some that made a good living as underground rappers but no mainstream. That's a terrible existence for someone who doesn't have much skill but a lot of dedication to being a successful rapper who only has a 2 to 3 year career, because truth be told most rappers who do reach that level.

I can see if he says stay in school and yadda yadda yadda, but the kids are going to be thinking about how he made it than doing what he is telling them NOT TO DO.

I like Fly Union. That group is tight. Hopefully they blow. Also ya'll do have a successful rapper (at least he was) his name is Bow Wow.

We don't claim him after he dissed us or even before. He a ? ? .

When did he diss ya'll? What did he say?

How do you feel about the group Fly Union?

Fly Union is kinda wack to me.

And bow wow said he doesn't claim us and said some ? how wack we are and some other ? .
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bubbaclot wrote: »
    In a sense them and other rappers are educating a big portion of the Black youth wether parents allow it or not.

To so many these rappers are the truth speakers.

A prof of mine talked about a class he was teaching where they were to be bringing in public speakers. Prior to asking students for suggestions on who to bring to speak to the class they talked about not rejecting someone solely because of who they are, as that is fallacious. At one point he asked if a holocaust denier should be brought in to speak. Most of the class thought that would be fine, one student did not though. He said that to have that person brought in to an institution of learning to discuss their unsubstantiated dogma would only legitimize it.

That being said, having gucci mane teach kids about some of the things i posted earlier would just legitimize what he has to say. I don't think that would be a wise choice.