Who remembers when Mos Def challenged Jay-z to a battle?

Options
international
international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yep, that's right, the mighty mos aka black dante aka Yasin Bey challenged that ? and that ? kept his mouth shut the ? up! Its only so long ? can leave off their braggadocious type rhymes until they get called on they ? and know they can't react, I mean, how can a ? claimed to be the greatest and constantly tryna convince ? his the best but won't step up when challenged? And let's not act like Yasin ain't a worthy enough challenger, cuz ya boy ain't ? with him lyrically.

http://youtu.be/VgqRm1SRSFM

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol & Jay-Z fearing Mos Def. Both those cats beyond battling on stage. I would have liked a war of words on wax though. I'm not a really big fan of Mos but it was a ballsy move to challenge Jay....of course not that ballsy because everyone knows he was going to ignore it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • peterpiffin
    peterpiffin Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Options
    jay is very arrogant thats y he wouldnt battle most these dudes. i do think believe mos would give jay another wake up call if they did battle.
  • FlashHex
    FlashHex Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
    Options
    Jay has gotten too big to battle anyone
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mos would easily be a GOAT if he made one or two more Black on Both Sides
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    . . That shieeeeet that make your soul burn slow . .
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay responded to this and said that he interpreted Mos wanting to battle him as Dame (who was hanging real heavy with Mos round this time, doing BluRoc/DD172 work with him) putting the battery in his back, trying to instigate a situation between the two.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why didnt he sccept the "challenge"? Not a mindreader but this wouldnt benefit Jay z. He just woulda looked corny.Plus not gettin sidetracked by people tryna steal some of his fame hasnt exactly hurt his career. Nobody on this board can realistically say he doesnt know what he's doin. But hilarious that people criticize wildly successful people.
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Mos would've murdered Jay Mosdefinetly.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like a situation where somebody was challenged to battle on Pay-Per-View
  • international
    Options
    If you still call yourself a lyricist you are never beyond battling on stage

rofl you came outta the closet directly to my thread again stanley, to make the best post you ever have, lmaooo...Good post tho son!

• international
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Jay responded to this and said that he interpreted Mos wanting to battle him as Dame (who was hanging real heavy with Mos round this time, doing BluRoc/DD172 work with him) putting the battery in his back, trying to instigate a situation between the two.

Sounds like something that back peddling ass ? would say, smh...The same ? that replied to a jim jones diss and dissed a basketball player, but couldn't say ? to Killa Cam! smh...I respect what his done, more so on the business sense, but on some battling ? he gets no propz from me...

• Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options
    By the way....... where can I get those bars Mos was spittin'? Dude was going in..
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember. And Mos's entourage was hyped like it was really gonna' go down. LoL Mos aint no joke when it comes to spittin'.

I bet if someone asked Jay what he thought about Mos's challenge I bet he say he never heard about it. LoL
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would it be different story if Jay challenged Mos to a Making A Hit Record Challenge?

It ? to think Jay dumb enough to be out of his element. Its like Freeway and Cass, Free was out of his element and got smashed, Cass got famous from it but Free is the way better artist and makes way better music.

I aint taking nothing from Mos but Mos need to battle ? in his lane like Talib, Black thought, Pharohe ect ect.
    Battle the ? who does your type of music.

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Jay would do allright in a battle against Mos in front of a crowd full of ? ... ? are more on how much more money you have than them, than how many more books you've read, so I dont think Mos would get the same reactions Jay could from simple people...

Mos Def might win if they battled in a Havard lecture room or something
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would Jay accept it? He's not stupid. Mos has a great chance of sonning dude, so it didn't make sense for Jay to accept. That would be hustling backwards... to battle someone that can actually beat you.

What's the point? It's better to act as if it never happened so the decision will be split between fans rather than facts. Plus y'all know after Nas, Jay ain't taking any chances. Jay won't even exchange words with Wayne.

watch what you say to me, second verse

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mos did what everyone else does. he wanted to promote himself so he challenged jay. when he went on the radio with angie martinez it was a different story. he wanted a team battle and not a one on one. so that right had gimmick written all over it
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same reason why Nas did not except Jay's challenge to battle Live on PPV. Jay would destroy this guy anyway, Mos does not have any battle skills FOH. Talib >>>>Mos anyway.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    Would it be different story if Jay challenged Mos to a Making A Hit Record Challenge?

It ? to think Jay dumb enough to be out of his element. Its like Freeway and Cass, Free was out of his element and got smashed, Cass got famous from it but Free is the way better artist and makes way better music.

I aint taking nothing from Mos but Mos need to battle ? in his lane like Talib, Black thought, Pharohe ect ect.
    Battle the ? who does your type of music.

That's not out of Jay's element. Jay came up battling and was actual pretty good at it. Also, they all make the same type of music FOH. Mos Def is 100% BK, as is JayZ (maybe not 100% but at least 80% lol).

Plus Jay is at his best when he's making conscious, thought-provoking music. NOBODY believes he sold ? besides white people who think every black male is a drug dealer. He sounds like a clown when he's on that ? .

Btw Mos wouldn't battle the guys you named because they're his friends. Plus Talib and Monch don't want it.
    mos did what everyone else does. he wanted to promote himself so he challenged jay. when he went on the radio with angie martinez it was a different story. he wanted a team battle and not a one on one. so that right had gimmick written all over it

Nah he tried to make it something bigger, so he could reel the big names in it. When he was in that interview he still said he would be matched up with Jay or anyone else who wanted to do it.

Also, he explained that his man's and them brought up Jay and Wayne, NOT HIM... and Mos felt disrespected on some, they're not better than me ? , and he was going to prove it to his crew that no one can ? with him. In sum, he was on his BK ? .

Btw he called out the entire rap game. He said if you think you can get the money, then come get it and he named mad heads.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would Jay accept it? He's not stupid. Mos has a great chance of sonning dude, so it didn't make sense for Jay to accept. That would be hustling backwards... to battle someone that can actually beat you.

What's the point? It's better to act as if it never happened so the decision will be split between fans rather than facts. Plus y'all know after Nas, Jay ain't taking any chances. Jay won't even exchange words with Wayne.

watch what you say to me, second verse

that verse was straight fire
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People act as if jay didn't come up in the battling scene. He still has it in him. It would be a dope battle.