Who remembers when Mos Def challenged Jay-z to a battle?

Options

Comments

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this thread is hilarious. i love when ? get on their Death Battle- Thor vs X-Men theories on here. reminds me to go outside

Cause people be like Jay z? He's like one of the biggest if not the biggest rapper. He was sittin with the dignitaries at the inauguration. He aint gon even be thinkin bout somethin like this. Theres nothin to argue about really. Hypotheticall, i understand the position that he could have lost. But somebody could get knocked out by some homeless dude if he wanna fight, but why would you play yourself to even fight a homeless dude in the first place.

comparing mos to a homeless dude is disrespectful tp hip-hop as a whole
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Mos Def stans are coming out of the woodworks.

Oh Yeah We In This ? !
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Mos Def stans are coming out of the woodworks.

Oh Yeah We In This ? !

all 5 of ya'll!
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Why the ? are we arguing this?

This was 3.5years ago.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z is just a ? .

/Thread
  • usmarin3
    Options
    this thread is hilarious. i love when ? get on their Death Battle- Thor vs X-Men theories on here. reminds me to go outside

Cause people be like Jay z? He's like one of the biggest if not the biggest rapper. He was sittin with the dignitaries at the inauguration. He aint gon even be thinkin bout somethin like this. Theres nothin to argue about really. Hypotheticall, i understand the position that he could have lost. But somebody could get knocked out by some homeless dude if he wanna fight, but why would you play yourself to even fight a homeless dude in the first place.

comparing mos to a homeless dude is disrespectful tp hip-hop as a whole

cosign, a homeless dude is way more productive.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay would murk mos, what can mos say to hurt jay ? Where was this challenge when jay welcomed challengers around bp2. People seem to forget how nice jay is, he's not top 5 for no reason
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    Options
    5 albums in 15 years, ? get the ? outta here. Ain't nobody impressed by that Method Man work ethic or his insert black guy movie roles
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    5 albums in 15 years, ? get the ? outta here. Ain't nobody impressed by that Method Man work ethic or his insert black guy movie roles

This where the real stan bs comes out just because mos don't got 16-17 albums half of them ? forgettable doesn't mean he's lazy like i already said fam has other talents how you going to call him lazy with all the acting he's done not bs acting other great acting. If that's the only bs you can say against mos is that he's lazy you must know deep down in your jigga warrior heart mos will slay jay in a battle 2
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear its' usmarin3 vs the reason on the day to day basis.
  • usmarin3
    Options

This where the real stan bs comes out just because mos don't got 16-17 albums half of them ? forgettable doesn't mean he's lazy like i already said fam has other talents how you going to call him lazy with all the acting he's done not bs acting other great acting. If that's the only bs you can say against mos is that he's lazy you must know deep down in your jigga warrior heart mos will slay jay in a battle 2

? the only reason why you think and most of these Jansport wearing ? think Mos can defeat Jay because ya'll predictable ass are caught on some commercial vs underground nonsense. Like Jay didn't come from the underground and battling people.

All Mos would do is spit some so so recycled ? like he did in the BET cypher.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

? the only reason why you think and most of these Jansport wearing ? think Mos can defeat Jay because ya'll predictable ass are caught on some commercial vs underground nonsense. Like Jay didn't come from the underground and battling people.

Never said mos would be beat jay never even popped an opinion until the last page, But your talking down on mos like he's some lazy bumass rapity rap ass ? i had to come down on your bs blasphemous beliefs.

ms. fat ? >>>>>>anything in jay-z catalog
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options

Never said mos would be beat jay never even popped an opinion until the last page, But your talking down on mos like he's some lazy bumass rapity rap ass ? i had to come down on your bs blasphemous beliefs.

Mosdef's verse on "Thieves In The Night">>>>>>anything in jay-z catalog

*fixed*
  • usmarin3
    Options

Talib's catalog > lazy ass Mos Def, much less putting anything Mos has ever done on Jays level
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

Talib's catalog > lazy ass Mos Def, much less putting anything Mos has ever done on Jays level

You grabbing at anything to prove your bs point can somebody tell this lame he lost 4 post ago i proved my point no opinon no need for this back and forth maybe another time its like arguin with a ? even know you won they still going to yap yap yap yap yap yap
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options
    us marin bigging up Talib the same way ? big up Big Boi.. it ain't funny anymore, try a different joke.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mosdef's verse on "Thieves In The Night">>>>>>anything in jay-z catalog

*fixed*
    Lol you can't be serious, matter a fact I know your not serious you's a funny ? fukka

• usmarin3
    Options
    Mos has put out 4 albums and only 2 have been above 4 mics. This is the ? ya'll put your faith in, ? please.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Mos has put out 4 albums and only 2 have been above 4 mics. This is the ? ya'll put your faith in, ? please.

Do you cut yourself every time somebody catches an ether against you, i bet people hit ether when somebody ? on just to ? you off
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I'm going to say is that Talib is that dude, I ? with him heavy...I don't really care for Mos but he ight. Mos isn't a prolific MC I don't see why that's even arguable...he just isn't. I don't think it has anything to do with this topic though.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    All I'm going to say is that Talib is that dude, I ? with him heavy...I don't really care for Mos but he ight. Mos isn't a prolific MC I don't see why that's even arguable...he just isn't. I don't think it has anything to do with this topic though.

You lost all credibility after the bolded statement. Talib is one of the most hit or miss emcees there are. Dude's flow is either garbage on some sloppy ? or dope. He rarely has standout lines, and he forces his style on new trends in which the end product is straight garbage 7 times out of 10.

Don't ever compare dun to Mos. Talib's last album was ass cheeks, while Ecstatic (Mos' last album) was dope on all levels. Plus on the album they did together (Black Star), Mos ? on him on every single track.

I can't think of one song where Talib got the best of him... the closest one was Twice Inna Lifetime, and that happens to be Talib's (arguable) greatest verse of all-time.