High school food fight turns into violent 'race riot' (Somalis vs African Americans)

Options

Comments

• G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

being black is more than a color is what I am trying to tell you. ? read what I have been posting to more than just you.

lol I'm trying to tell you that being black is a fallacy. If you want an identity so bad then take a DNA test and then learn your roots, cultural identity and national origin from there, because to identify as black is baseless, weak, contrived way to identify yourself, but you can keep playing the color based caste system game if you want to. To each their own I suppose.

So if all black people decided they were Nigerian and started calling themselves Nigerian today would this change anything?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

being black is more than a color is what I am trying to tell you. ? read what I have been posting to more than just you.

lol I'm trying to tell you that being black is a fallacy. If you want an identity so bad then take a DNA test and then learn your roots, cultural identity and national origin from there, because to identify as black is baseless, weak, contrived way to identify yourself, but you can keep playing the color based caste system game if you want to. To each their own I suppose.

I know my ? roots ? and I have no reason to do a dna test. I am a jamaican maroon. Black is just an easier identifing term for africans outside of africa. In essense black= identifing with african origin. Read my other posts I answered all your stupid question already. Black is about gaining power it gives unity to a people surrounded by wolves in this capitalist social and economic system.
  • UnderMiSensi
    UnderMiSensi Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    thesiah91 wrote: »
    This ? is already understood, but you're playing word games when it's not gonna do anything for us. We could call ourselves the damn Ooonga Boonga Squad, if we're tied to the same economic and political goals we can gain power, and then address all the scrabble ? after the fact. By the way are you a Moor?

I identify as a human being who's genetic origin track back to the people that reside in west African. Once I get around to taking a DNA test I could give you a more detailed answer of what I identify myself as.

Moor is a general term, but from what I understand a moor is a berber, arab or "black" african from west to northwest yet I've seen very dark skinned berbers and arabs. Moor also means dark or dark skinned in relation to Europeans. So with that I guess I can qualify as a Moor technically.

As to the underlined in your post, I ask what has playing with colors done for us in regards to gaining actual power...................exactly. I rather identify with Africa than play the color caste system game. lol @ reading definitions to find the denotations of these words being called playing word games when ya'll are the ones running with connotations created by racist Caucasian colonists lmao @ the irony.

• zombie
    Options

Almost everybody in somali is a muslim and it's a ? warzone. People don't stay tight just because of a belief system. People unite because of political and economic reasons that is why the somalian Attitude toward other blacks is so ? stupid. It is to their and our benefit for them to accept their blackness but they stupidly place their religion above race.

Religion was and is used as means to keep community intact as well as culture, language, nationality, but religion plays a strong part in it too, to say otherwise one would have to be completely ignorant to history.

Also "Black" is not a language, culture, nationality, race, religion,or political statement and it has nothing to do with economics. Black is merely a Federal Directive 15 social construct. In fact it's literally just a ? color of which hardly anyone looks like as black isn't even a natural color neither is white for that matter, they teach this in art school.

A group of people who arent tied to a national orgin....they dont get it...but will continue to argue religion aint ? . What system is better than saying I get my authority from ? ?? Yall keep rollin with atheism, some ? that will get u no power compared to a established religious system...

I am no atheist and i am tied to a national Origin I put none of that above my race. Before I was in any religion ? made me black , and so naturally it's to the black family he wants me to firstly give my attention.

ok..what is black? what are the beliefs of a black? If u are "Black" American than chances are u have European in your blood...I took a DNA test i have a high percentage of Irish DNA in me and im darskinned....Am i "black" based off of skin color alone? What are the laws of the blacks?

Yall playing word games and ? . Obviously for any type of movement or organization to get started there would have to be a name,belief system/laws established, that doesn't mean that religion should be used as the determinant.

Than what is it gonna be if the blacks dont have a national origin to tie themselves to?

We tie ourselves to our economic and political interest just like the asians and latins do.

"latinos" dont roll under latino they roll under their national origins..."Asians" dont roll under Asian they roll under their national origins...Chinese, Mexican, Korean, Cubans, Nigerians these are all Nations...blacks dont have a national origin so how are they gonna protect their economic and political interest like theses other nations do?

You still dont get it...If its not Nation than what is it?

Latino role under latino not mexican or cuban the dream act will be passed because a broad group of people decended from different nations in south america want it. You know ? about american history anything blacks have in america we got by identifing as the black race.

How old are you?
    They identify by Nationality first...

Only socially politically they identify as latino
  • zombie
    Options
    the nations of china, korea and nigeria do not protect the interst of it's people once they leave home. And bed down in america once here you are under american law trust me I know I am an immigrant.

u serious?

and of course once u become a U.S citizen u abide by U.S laws however different Nations have certain treaties on the books that provides certain kinds of protections when in the U.S just like if U.S citizens were in another nation that might have protocol on how u deal with certain subjects of another nation...

? I am an immigrant I know this once you leave home that is it your nation can do very little to help you. They are not going to stop the racism and economic social struggles you will face in america.
  • UnderMiSensi
    edited February 2013
    Options

I know my ? roots ? and I have no reason to do a dna test. I am a jamaican maroon. Black is just an easier identifing term for africans outside of africa. In essense black= identifing with african origin. Read my other posts I answered all your stupid question already. Black is about gaining power it gives unity to a people surrounded by wolves in this capitalist social and economic system.

Jamaican Maroon eh so you're are of taino or arawak descendent and where in Africa exactly, I mean specifically, as in genetically.

The underlined is a fallacy as black is a construct that has nothing to do with anthropology hence why there are black africans and white africans. If Black = African then there wouldn't be such a thing as "black" African as that would be redundant. People in Africa go by their tribal lineage(as they should).

To the italicized Black hasn't gave us any power because we didn't create it, copyrighted it, trademarked it, create a nation from it, a language from it or a functional culture out of it. You know? because it's a Caucasian made construct to denote a lower class of people and we ran with it, but still have the mindset of being lower caste(black) just like in India's caste system, since you want to bring up history.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a fine ass Somali ? somewhere in the middle of this
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jamaican Maroon eh so you're are of taino or arawak descendent and where in Africa exactly, I mean specifically, as in genetically.

The underlined is a fallacy as black is a construct that has nothing to do with anthropology hence why there are black africans and white africans. If Black = African then there wouldn't be such a thing as "black" African as that would be redundant. People in Africa go by their tribal lineage(as they should).

To the italicized Black hasn't gave us any power because we didn't create it, copyrighted it, trademarked it, create a nation from it, a language from it or a functional culture out of it. You know? because it's a Caucasian made construct to denote a lower class of people and we ran with it, but still have the mindset of being lower caste(black) just like in India's caste system, since you want to bring up history.

only the earliast runaways slaves mixed with the indigenous. part of my Jamaican side comes from the Maroons they aren't mixed with anything
  • G.Avant
    Options
    This ? is already understood, but you're playing word games when it's not gonna do anything for us. We could call ourselves the damn Ooonga Boonga Squad, if we're tied to the same economic and political goals we can gain power, and then address all the scrabble ? after the fact. By the way are you a Moor?

I identify as a human being who's genetic origin track back to the people that reside in west African. Once I get around to taking a DNA test I could give you a more detailed answer of what I identify myself as.

Moor is a general term, but from what I understand a moor is a berber, arab or "black" african from west to northwest yet I've seen very dark skinned berbers and arabs. Moor also means dark or dark skinned in relation to Europeans. So with that I guess I can qualify as a Moor technically.

As to the underlined in your post, I ask what has playing with colors done for us in regards to gaining actual power...................exactly. I rather identify with Africa than play the color caste system game. lol @ reading definitions to find the denotations of these words being called playing word games when ya'll are the ones running with connotations created by racist Caucasian colonists lmao @ the irony.

Once again, doesn't matter what we call ourselves, it's the agenda that we tie ourselves to that matters. You playing all these scrabble games is going to do nothing but cause confusion. Why does it matter if we're all heading towards a common goal?
  • UnderMiSensi
    Options

So if all black people decided they were Nigerian and started calling themselves Nigerian today would this change anything?

That hypothetical question is very unintelligible. All I know is that Nigerian is a Nationality and Black is not, black isn't even an ethnicity. Oh well, this conversation is getting redundant.

• zombie
    Options

Maroons mostly decend from Akans. Social constructs are as real as anything else in society society itself is a construct. We are not in africa so we go by black for our own economic political good. Black has given us what little we do have.it matter not who discovered and named the good created reality of race. The concept exist and we must deal with it. ? . Does race caste system originate with white people or indians because you seem confused.
  • G.Avant
    edited February 2013
    Options

If this is what you believe you should just scrap the whole black empowerment talk all together. No significant progress can be made by such division, and this division is one of the main reasons Africa was able to be conquered and is in the condition it is today. Mass confusion.
  • zombie
    Options
    the nations of china, korea and nigeria do not protect the interst of it's people once they leave home. And bed down in america once here you are under american law trust me I know I am an immigrant.

u serious?

and of course once u become a U.S citizen u abide by U.S laws however different Nations have certain treaties on the books that provides certain kinds of protections when in the U.S just like if U.S citizens were in another nation that might have protocol on how u deal with certain subjects of another nation...

? I am an immigrant I know this once you leave home that is it your nation can do very little to help you. They are not going to stop the racism and economic social struggles you will face in america.

Thats why u link up with people who share the same nationality u come from...put the money together, lobby for yall's political interest and protect it with religious freedoms.....

Im done talkin to u tho cuz u will never get it...

You are done talking to me because you are too stupid to have anything smart to say. You have no rebuttal I follow marcus garvey my fellow jamaican when I say I link up with all black/afican people.
  • UnderMiSensi
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Maroons mostly decend from Akans. Social constructs are as real as anything else in society society itself is a construct. We are not in africa so we go by black for our own economic political good. Black has given us what little we do have.it matter not who discovered and named the good created reality of race. The concept exist and we must deal with it. ? . Does race caste system originate with white people or indians because you seem confused.

@ the underlined I'm not confused, I was merely giving an example of a caste system and the Indians cast system was the example I've chosen. (shrugs)

@ the bolded quite the reactionary thinking has always help(sarcasm). I choice to think for myself and not perpetuate ? , connotations or misconceptions. Black gave us what little we do have? keyword is little, so you're okay with just a little, well I want more. We'll just leave it at that.
  • G.Avant
    Options

That hypothetical question is very unintelligible. All I know is that Nigerian is a Nationality and Black is not, black isn't even an ethnicity. Oh well, this conversation is getting redundant.

Why it is unintelligible, because there's many other factors that would have to be considered right? That's my point just changing how we refer to ourselves alone doesn't mean anything.
  • UnderMiSensi
    Options

If this is what you believe you should just scrap the whole black empowerment talk all together. No significant progress can be made by such division, and this division is one of the main reasons Africa was able to be conquered and is in the condition it is today. Mass confusion.

Please, identifying with your tribe is not wrong, they are honoring their ancestor's and culture. They just need to learn how to operate better as a nation through their nationalism and they'll be all good. I'm actually very optimistic for some the African nations of today.

• zombie
    Options

@ the underlined I'm not confused, I was merely giving an example of a caste system and the Indians cast system was the example I've chosen. (shrugs)

@ the bolded quite the reactionary thinking has always help(sarcasm). I choice to think for myself and not perpetuate ? , connotations or misconceptions. Black gave us what little we do have? keyword is little, so you're okay with just a little, well I want more. We'll just leave it at that.

We would have more if more of us took pride in african/blackness instead of things like religion and nationality. Had we followed marcus garvey and his teachings africa would look more like japan and african-americans would be living better than jewish people here.
  • UnderMiSensi
    Options

Why it is unintelligible, because there's many other factors that would have to be considered right? That's my point just changing how we refer to ourselves alone doesn't mean anything.

Yet zombie is saying that Black alone will get us empowerment when that is not the case. I can play the same game with the identity black. It's like ya'll feel I'm attacking you personally when I say black is a ? , contrived way to move politically since it's a baseless construct which hasn't really done as much help as ya'll claim, but it's whatever ya'll will rock with what you want.

• zombie
    Options

Yet zombie is saying that Black alone will get us empowerment when that is not the case. I can play the same game with the identity black. It's like ya'll feel I'm attacking you personally when I say black is a ? , contrived way to move politically since it's a baseless construct which hasn't really done as much help as ya'll claim, but it's whatever ya'll will rock with what you want.

I am not saying black alone will get us empowerment ? . But it is the start. Political unitiy around race has helped and will help african people world wide.
  • zombie
    Options

Please, identifying with your tribe is not wrong, they are honoring their ancestor's and culture. They just need to learn how to operate better as a nation through their nationalism and they'll be all good. I'm actually very optimistic for some the African nations of today.

How many africans in america do you know? Because here in nyc the african identify as black then there nationality then religion then tribe. How old are you and where in america do you live? You don't sound like you know many africans
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall don't know ? spoutin all this ? ? . ? ? and nitch ass ? alike Don't even know your own bloodlines but in here poppin ya ? like its truly worth somethin

Dam shame
  • UnderMiSensi
    Options

We would have more if more of us took more pride in economics, controlling resources, math, science, businesses, banks, grocery stores through African identity instead of things like social constructs, mere symbolic victory's, being american, slavery history, mainstream trends they started, or just having a good job. Had we followed marcus garvey and his teachings africa would look more like japan and african-americans wouldn't even be here making white people richer, because they'd be in Africa helping African nations become powerhouses.

Fixed* ,but I see where your coming from.

• UnderMiSensi
    Options
    ? happens wrote: »
    Yall don't know ? spoutin all this ? ? . ? ? and nitch ass ? alike Don't even know your own bloodlines but in here poppin ya ? like its truly worth somethin

Dam shame

Yet you refer to us as ? . LOL sit down somewhere

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Real rap... I ? love somalian women. They are a rare breed. ? all that fighting ...get on them exotic African ? .

here, take my goat sir

and i can't explain this other than somalis love to fight, we fight even when we're bad at it, we fight for no reason, and we keep fighting, just to have something to do

we've got issues

I thought yall ? just head bunt?
  • zombie
    Options

We would have more if more of us took more pride in economics, controlling resources, math, science, businesses, banks, grocery stores through African identity instead of things like social constructs, mere symbolic victory's, being american, slavery history, mainstream trends they started, or just having a good job. Had we followed marcus garvey and his teachings africa would look more like japan and african-americans wouldn't even be here making white people richer, because they'd be in Africa helping African nations become powerhouses.

Fixed* ,but I see where your coming from.

Ignorant ? the bolded proves you know nothing about the teachings of garvey. It was not simply about moving to africa. African americans were not to just move to africa.