Tupac - 'Troublesome 96' Appreciation thread!!! Smh@ how slept on he is lyrically, just smh...

Options

Comments

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ohhhla You think Kanye West is lyrical b. Foh,
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B.I.G. was ahead of Pac.

The ? Pac kept it real.

And they think that's lyrical.

This is the closet of him being lyrical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVqLIq-V_Hk
  • ohhhla
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

I have never said this

I said his music is creative.

Kanye>>>>>>Pac in terms of lyricism, tho.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    If Pac is Lyrical, so is Chuck D, Ice Cube and Scarface.

which they are

? it I keep having to remind my ass not to take you seriously should just put u on ignore but I like ur ignorant jay stan comments.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

I have never said this

I said his music is creative.

Kanye>>>>>>Pac in terms of lyricism, tho.

Wish I could Nosign this post 20 times.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Scarface never had bars that made me go "Damn".

He had songs that made you feel what he was going thru.

Pac was a excellent songwriter that is all.

How is Bis not lyrical, tho???

He's extreme lyrical, where as Pac, Scarface and Chuck D were decent lyrically.

It was their content that made you say damn he is speaking some real ? .
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This topic never gets old..
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I guess this goes to the root of why fans choose favorite different artists for much of the same reasons.

you have some listeners who prefer the more technical style, more intricate flows, different meanings in the metaphors and what not = which is good , I appreaciate it too (ex. eminems infinite etc...)

then you have some listeners who prefer an artist to draw them in their world, not so much through wordplay but just off pure essense, I guess it's that "it" factor that none of us have been able to quite pinpoint what "it" is. some say emotion, passion etc.. but it's something. now many artists get by the same way just did can't hold a candle to pac's subject matter, even on some G ? .

the cold thing about Biggie (and the reason why I think some fans give it up to him after just 2 albums) is he had the potential to cross lanes and be both types of artists I just mentioned, just didn't get a chance to get that much material out there.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    I can't find that post but I'll say it again.

Lyricism means something different in Hip Hop opposed to the dictionary term.

If I say that Mobb Deep track was sick.

Does that mean the track is not well or it's a fantastic??

Make your choice.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol....maybe people say that to say his technical ability doesnt measure up to other highly respected emcees....lol @ using a dictionary to define hip hop terms.....cats wouldnt go to the dictionary for any other slang/hip hop terms
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Make your choice.

Son, it's not like we talking about some slang term. Lyrical b... Are you saying because you rhyme a bunch of big words that don't really have any meaning that's lyrical?
  • Undergroundraplegend
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I guess this goes to the root of why fans choose favorite different artists for much of the same reasons.

you have some listeners who prefer the more technical style, more intricate flows, different meanings in the metaphors and what not = which is good , I appreaciate it too (ex. eminems infinite etc...)

then you have some listeners who prefer an artist to draw them in their world, not so much through wordplay but just off pure essense, I guess it's that "it" factor that none of us have been able to quite pinpoint what "it" is. some say emotion, passion etc.. but it's something. now many artists get by the same way just did can't hold a candle to pac's subject matter, even on some G ? .

the cold thing about Biggie (and the reason why I think some fans give it up to him after just 2 albums) is he had the potential to cross lanes and be both types of artists I just mentioned, just didn't get a chance to get that much material out there.

wasnt just him that can but others can but whatev

looking at the post and at ohhlas ass its no use even gettin into ? with that fool with his ass to even say ''Kanye >>>> tupac'' shows where his mentallity is at thats where you just say ? it.

plus by what I seen ? who say who is who lyrically is just going off of what they FEEL IS lyrical not WHAT IS Lrycial and obviously that right there involves in Bias and knowing how people stan and love BIG here and Jay you do the math of whos gonna be labeled and hyped and most talked about lyrically here.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Pac, Cube, Chuck D, & Scarface>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jay-Z in terms of skills.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    ? above me caught feelings

Nope.

I just stated what a person with a properly functioning brain would realize.

not really pal try again you ur sayin he can rap circles around him if your implying who can rap and include irrelevant BS to look more ''technical.'' in his verse then yeah otherwise no
    cobbland wrote: »
    ? above me caught feelings

Nope.

I just stated what a person with a properly functioning brain would realize.

not really pal try again you ur sayin he can rap circles around him if your implying who can rap and include irrelevant BS to look more ''technical.'' in his verse then yeah otherwise no

Exactly, he def ain't goin rap circles around Pac using lyricism that also requires depth and substance behind it. He goin out rap him in y'all eyes, with the kind of lyrics that I posted...smh

Sad.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Me, a born leader, never leave the block without my my heat or Glock
    Got me a dog and named her my ? ? eater
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Young, strapped, and I don't give a ?
    I'm hopeless - I live the Thug Life, losin my focus BA-BAY
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
  • Undergroundraplegend
    edited February 2013
    Options
    woo 8 mor post for me to go to get to 300
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options
    anybody sayin pac wasn't lyrical, answer me this...

how is it that pac wasn't technical and what not when his flow was his signature?

how many emcee's got that same cookie cutter flow, especially those who "spit lyrics"
    they put words together but they all sound alike, just one said this and another cat said that.

pac created his own ? flow.
    you know off tops if somebody is biting his flow now.
    didn't nobody sound like pac before pac.

DAMN.
  • ohhhla
    Options

Pac sounds liked like Scarface on Mr. Scarface is Back on Me Against The World

Pac was the most real rapper emotional and etc.

That's why people love him so.

He was showed his human side of himself on tracks

And you guys mistake it for skill.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Make your choice.

Not worth arguing bruh.

Some ppl living their lives without analytical minds so they ain't got time to decipher lyrical rhymes
  • young_reezy
    edited February 2013
    Options

Pac sounds liked like Scarface on Mr. Scarface is Back on Me Against The World

Pac was the most real rapper emotional and etc.

That's why people love him so.

He was showed his human side of himself on tracks

And you guys mistake it for skill.

you know I knew somebody was gonna say scarface, and i'll kinda/sorta give you that slightly because I can kinda remember someone around my way back n the day mentioning that both pac and master p bit from face back in the 90's

to me pac had more of an eastcoast flavor than face but I see how some just some of the similarities occur.

music is subjective though it's hard to sit there and say what somone is mistaking for skill because someone might respect other skills more than some.

I got a homie who loves emcee's who rap fast, if you aint spittin rapid fire, you aint spittin to him. thats a skill set that he respects overall, some other people might respect the punchline skill set.

to each his/her own.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    NO, then I can just say Jeezy was lyrical or any rapper that I felt was the most genuine.

You can't do all of that.

I'm not shaming Pac fans. I'm a Pac fan.
  • young_reezy
    edited February 2013
    Options
    NO, then I can just say Jeezy was lyrical or any rapper that I felt was the most genuine.

You can't do all of that.

I'm not shaming Pac fans. I'm a Pac fan.

the thing about Hip Hop is, if thats how you feel, thats how you feel. thats the beauty of it that a lot of cats dont recognize.

if you go holla at a brotha in Georgia somewhere and ask him if the lyrics from jeezy's 101 touched him more than the lyrics on Nas' illmatic he'll probably say yes.

is he wrong? and i'm not saying just cause he's from the south just as an example, if thats the frequency you vibrating on then those lyrics are what speak to you, no matter how talented the emcee or skillfull he is.