MBDTF vs Graduation.. which album is better?..

Options
124»

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MBDTF.
    The REAL poll should be Late Registration vs. MBDTF.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Graduation.
    T-Pain on Good Life and that souless version of Homecoming will forever ruin Graduation for me. And ? ... I actually don't have a problem with Drunken Hot Girls, nor do I get the hate for Barry Bonds.

I love ? N Hot Girls and Barry Bonds honestly........
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MBDTF.
    The REAL poll should be Late Registration vs. MBDTF.

I got something in mind for LR (I dropped a hint on the previous page).. depending on the outcome of that thread, I might match those two albums up..
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MBDTF.
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    T-Pain on Good Life and that souless version of Homecoming will forever ruin Graduation for me. And ? ... I actually don't have a problem with Drunken Hot Girls, nor do I get the hate for Barry Bonds.

I love ? N Hot Girls and Barry Bonds honestly........

? n hot girls doesn't get the respect it deserves by many ye fans him and mos def were dope on that. But i still say MBDTF has better production and content than graduation. The front end of graduation seems to pack less a punch than MBDTF which comes out the game swinging.
  • farrell
    farrell Members Posts: 109
    Options
    MBDTF.
    Fantasy was straight from beginning to end. The production, flow, lyrics, features all of it was great. I still have this in the car.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MBDTF.
    2 Drawlz wrote: »
    I hated Graduation when it came out, but as time has passed Ive learned to like it (more than late Registration actually) AND realize that Kanye pretty much laid the foundation for incorparating electro-pop elements into hip hop....

But MBDTF was on a whole nother level. To me anyway. People talk about the "epicness" of the album, but what really captivates me about it was the level of personalness Kanye put into it. Hardly any of the songs feel like they were meant to be easily digested pop friendly singles that are here today, gone tommorrow; but instead are more or less sounding boards for powerful (no pun intended) and relevant themes.

Only two songs on there that don't really fit into that theme are "So Appalled" and "Monster" and guess what? Those were the most HIP HOP songs Kanye West had put out in awhile, especially coming off of Graduation and 808s.

So Afrikka Bambatta, never existed....

So Afrikka Bambatta is considered one of the more popular trendsetting acts in hip hop for the 2000's now?
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    MBDTF.
    I remember when Kanye performed Power at the 2010 BET Awards for the first time, and the editing was off like a ? , lol..
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MBDTF.
    Even tho, CD is a certified Classic

LR vs MBDTF would have been better.
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    MBDTF.
    ohhhla wrote: »

I touched on that earlier in this thread.. cosign CD being a certified classic..
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MBDTF.
    ohhhla wrote: »

I touched on that earlier in this thread.. cosign CD being a certified classic..

The funny thing is I thought the album was decent but LR and MBDTF???

Masterpieces.