• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    htc one is looking real tempting.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    htc one is looking real tempting.

Based on comparisons the phones are real close. The One seems to be somewhat better designwise but the S4 has better software options.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That S4 bruh...ooo wee.

The truth is clear...Apple isn't ? without Steve Jobs...they NEED that maphuka back on some futurama head in a glass tube type ? yo
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said ? it and made the switch from the s3 to the s4 and it'll be here tomorrow and I'm curious to see how it does as a universal remote the most.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »
    I said ? it and made the switch from the s3 to the s4 and it'll be here tomorrow and I'm curious to see how it does as a universal remote the most.
    what service do you have??
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »
    what service do you have??

I'm with tmobile
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I heard the S4 is plastic as ? and breaks very easily. might just get the One, or just wait for the new Nexus or IPhone.
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Samsung is gonna release a rugged version of the S4 which is waterproof and dustproof!
    Rugged Galaxy S4 to have “Active” moniker, to be available in July alongside new 8-inch tablet
    htconegs4-24-e1366640151847.jpg

Samsung is readying a new variant of its Galaxy S4 for June, according to the Wall Street Journal. As reported earlier this week, the OEM is developing a rugged version of its flagship Android smartphone dubbed Galaxy S4 “Active,” which will look similar to the original but boast waterproofing and a sturdier chassis.

This is the first time that Samsung has ruggedized its most high-end smartphone, and is doing so to appeal to a relatively untapped market; as smartphones replace larger, more cumbersome pieces of technology, they become more essential to have with us at all times, regardless of where we are. People who work in hazardous or unpredictable environments often require extra cases and utilities to keep their phones safe, but external covers fail, and having a phone designed with such use cases in mind can extend its life tremendously.

Earlier this year, Sony unveiled the Xperia Z, a high-end device that is water- and dustproof. While it didn’t enter the Canadian market, it’s proven quite popular elsewhere in the world, and is rumoured to be Sony’s most successful Android device to date. Devices like the Sony Xperia go or Samsung Galaxy Rugby LTE are examples of rugged smartphones, but their specs don’t equal their might in many ways.

Samsung is also expected to debut yet another 8-inch tablet, though this one will lack the Note branding and S Pen, and likely come in well below the $399USD MSRP of the Note 8.0. That, along with a smaller Galaxy S4 Mini, will debut alongside the Galaxy S4 Active, says the WSJ.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/04/26/rugged-galaxy-s4-to-have-active-moniker-to-be-available-in-july-alongside-new-8-inch-tablet/

I'd rather wait for this to come out July and see how waterproof it really is then buy it now. Hopefully this reaches Canada and not just the US
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    I heard the S4 is plastic as ? and breaks very easily. might just get the One, or just wait for the new Nexus or IPhone.

They were made plastic to ease up on broke phones. The plastic absorbs drops better than a metal phone it might feel cheap but the phone is a beast.

Lol Exactly... I drop my phone Ar least twice a day and it's fine.

Can't wait til my carrier gets the 4
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna order one this week.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I know for a fact its the s4 or the One. i might wait for the summer time though for the active s4 or see how the new Iphone might be..
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the one is a bad ass phone but it dosnt have a removable sdcard slot which is a big turn off for me, S4 it is till the note 3 drop
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    So you going to buy one expensive ass phone and then get another one in 4 to 5 months?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure whether to get this or wait for the new iPhone and see what that is like

Does anyone know if you can make Bose i headphones(microphone, volume controls etc.)work on this?
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The S4 has the Wayne Enterprises seal of approval.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Was about to cop the regular s4 until I found out about the "active" version...wanna see how that feels compared to the regular version...minus well wait, this s3 still getting the job done

Yo my dude, you serious? lol
  • Karl.
    Options
    What's the story on the s4 active? Sounds perfect for my lifestyle.
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a rugged version of the S4. It's probably bulletproof and just the perfect phone for me.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ill wait for that active one
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Already ordered the S4 before I heard about the active model. * shrugs * might sell it and get that when it drops later. Doesn't matter though, I ordered a case with it anyway
  • Karl.
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Already ordered the S4 before I heard about the active model. * shrugs * might sell it and get that when it drops later. Doesn't matter though, I ordered a case with it anyway

Still a sick phone.

You getting the 32 or the 16?
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Still a sick phone.

You getting the 32 or the 16?

16 with a 16 SD card ....... cheaper than the 32 model ... lol
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got this today. Taking some getting used to
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Was about to cop the regular s4 until I found out about the "active" version...wanna see how that feels compared to the regular version...minus well wait, this s3 still getting the job done

Yo my dude, you serious? lol

yeah...minus well wait few months to get the other.

I don't know if you're trolling or not, but either way that ? is funny.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Just got this today. Taking some getting used to

At first I hated the phone. It was too different from my iPhone. I downloaded a new keyboard app and Internet browser for it and now I love it. Also copped a 64gb microsd so I can fit all my music on it. Definitely a great phone. The increased screen size makes word processing much better.