Finally Galaxy S4 to be released on March 14

Options

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    I did a little research and so far the only bad thing I've been reading about this phone from other owners is the battery life doesnt last as long as it's suppose to not even close.....but the htc one suppose to have a stronger battery life than the S4? but I may end up still upgrading to the S4 tho

Battery life is bad if you use a lot of internet on it.

I found that making my lock screen and home screen wallpapers all black has helped preserve battery life. I also turn off my 4g when I am not using it. Keep it on power saver mode and turn off all the unnecessary ? like air gesture and stuff. Auto screen brightness is effective too.

yeah I thought about that too the more you use it the battery wont last as long I dont use alot of apps like that anyway and I use the internet when I'm searching for something so I'll be straight

It's mainly the screen that eats up battery. I shut the internet off at work and just put my music library on shuffle and can listen to music for 9-10 hrs straight and only eat about 20% battery.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i finally got around to getting the sg4 ... battery life for me is crazy good. sometimes im tempted to even leave my charger at home. still tramatized by the evo 4g tho (dont judge me lol im no cell phone king) so im still not ready to trust it LOL

im not gonna be online for long at this point, but i wanna write a small IC review on this phone. one thing i can say is this ? needs more WIDGETS!!!
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you going to buy one expensive ass phone and then get another one in 4 to 5 months?

i have the ability to get a new phone every year, i have 3 people on my line, 95% of the time, i debo there upgrades, $100-150 for an upgrade every year, if i dont like it, i'll give it to them, and use another upgrade for whatever i want...? i have an upgrade option today lol
    rgthree_medium.gif
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just got my s4 what are some must have free things to download?
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Magna Carta Holy Grail.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    copped the S4 active...nice phone

only difference I see with the S4 and the active is the cam. Other than that, I like the blue one
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    whats the best emulators to use?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    what case yall using?
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    a regular gel case I bought on ebay for $ 2.85
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    getting a confirmation dialog every time i try to turn my music up past 4 is really starting to ? me off. has anyone found a way to disable that ? short of running a custom rom?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My upgrade is due I'ma get this phone probably friday or saturday
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    i tried sending my homie a few songs thru my email on the phone and it failed now its constantly trying to send the email over and over and it keeps failing smh

? about to murder my data, Im on wifi at the crib right now trying to figure this out
  • joshuaboy
    Options

get the 32 or 64, not the 16gb
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tried to get this phone Saturday but found out I would lose my $30 unlimited plan if i upgrade. ? !!
    Does anybody know of a loophole to somehow keep that plan?

• UPTOWN
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

get the 32 or 64, not the 16gb

its cool i read they were going to allow the installation of apps to the SD card soon

so i wouldnt say its a big deal IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A NICE SIZED SD CARD FROM A PREVIOUS PHONE.

if you dont however, then yes get the bigger 32 or 64 .... dont find yourself at walmart or target trying to cop a 32 or 64gig SD .... unless you got that jay z money lol
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    shizza wrote: »
    Tried to get this phone Saturday but found out I would lose my $30 unlimited plan if i upgrade. ? !!
    $30???? you mean $79??? or are you talkin about the wifi output ? ??
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    i tried sending my homie a few songs thru my email on the phone and it failed now its constantly trying to send the email over and over and it keeps failing smh

? about to murder my data, Im on wifi at the crib right now trying to figure this out

just delete that ? yo ... the files must be too big for email or some ? ... ive sent a couple joint to my phone thru email and it worked fined
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    getting a confirmation dialog every time i try to turn my music up past 4 is really starting to ? me off. has anyone found a way to disable that ? short of running a custom rom?

THIS^^^^

plus the "smart mode" nag screen too

im bout to google this ? there has to be a way

maybe it just pops up a certain amount of times but still when you update its gonna come back if there isnt a way to disable it
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Options

Back in the day Verizon's unlimited data plan was $30, wen i got my galaxy nexus 2 years ago, Verizon let me keep that $30 charge because I was "grandfathered" in as they call it. Now I'm tryna get the S4 nd the unlimited plan is like $80 like u said.. I read on certain blogs that there's still a way for me to keep getting charged $30 instead of the $80 but I heard it's a long ass process
  • UPTOWN
    Options

Back in the day Verizon's unlimited data plan was $30, wen i got my galaxy nexus 2 years ago, Verizon let me keep that $30 charge because I was "grandfathered" in as they call it. Now I'm tryna get the S4 nd the unlimited plan is like $80 like u said.. I read on certain blogs that there's still a way for me to keep getting charged $30 instead of the $80 but I heard it's a long ass process

oh i see .... yeah i got sprint tho ... they got me with that too

? was $69 and i didnt have to pay the extra ten bucks for having a smart phone until i got the evo
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I ordered a black and red otterbox commuter for phone, already dropped it once lol
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    for ppl that use firefox on the s4 is it better to get the beta or the current release?

Im guessing the beta has newer features and stuff but isnt as stable, Im planning on using it over Chrome since it has flash
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    so ive searched around and found that you cant just plug the phone up to your pc and access media files. unles im doing something wrong or there is something wrong with my PC .... THIS IS A HUGE STRIKE FOR SAMSUNG

yall ? is pausing and unpausing videos on youtube just by me looking at and away from the phone, you can take screen shots and perform certain tasks with out even touching the phone, but you cant simply take a pic/plug the phone up to your computer and save the pic to your computer???

? huhhh???
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so ive searched around and found that you cant just plug the phone up to your pc and access media files. unles im doing something wrong or there is something wrong with my PC .... THIS IS A HUGE STRIKE FOR SAMSUNG

yall ? is pausing and unpausing videos on youtube just by me looking at and away from the phone, you can take screen shots and perform certain tasks with out even touching the phone, but you cant simply take a pic/plug the phone up to your computer and save the pic to your computer???

? huhhh???

Is this just something for the S4 because I hook my wife's Note 2 up to the comp and transfer files all the time.
  • UPTOWN
    Options

? huhhh???

Is this just something for the S4 because I hook my wife's Note 2 up to the comp and transfer files all the time.

you know what ... im gonna hook this ? up to my PC at work which is newer than mine and see if it works. but google search even shows ppl having this problem.