Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Just got this today. Taking some getting used to

At first I hated the phone. It was too different from my iPhone. I downloaded a new keyboard app and Internet browser for it and now I love it. Also copped a 64gb microsd so I can fit all my music on it. Definitely a great phone. The increased screen size makes word processing much better.

welcome to manhood...

IPhone isn't that wack. S4 memory is out of wack tho: It's 16 gigs but only like 9gb are free. Makes it absolutely necessary to get a microsd.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At first I hated the phone. It was too different from my iPhone. I downloaded a new keyboard app and Internet browser for it and now I love it. Also copped a 64gb microsd so I can fit all my music on it. Definitely a great phone. The increased screen size makes word processing much better.

welcome to manhood...

IPhone isn't that wack. S4 memory is out of wack tho: It's 16 gigs but only like 9gb are free. Makes it absolutely necessary to get a microsd.

This isn't surprising considering all the software features they have dumped on the phone.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

welcome to manhood...

Depending on who you buy from you can get a 16GB card with it. I got one with mine for $ 8 more on the price.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Question: is it necessary to root an International Unlocked S4 (I-9500) that wasn't bought from a carrier?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Job got me an S4. Badass phone... will be rooting it soon.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did a little research and so far the only bad thing I've been reading about this phone from other owners is the battery life doesnt last as long as it's suppose to not even close.....but the htc one suppose to have a stronger battery life than the S4? but I may end up still upgrading to the S4 tho
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    I did a little research and so far the only bad thing I've been reading about this phone from other owners is the battery life doesnt last as long as it's suppose to not even close.....but the htc one suppose to have a stronger battery life than the S4? but I may end up still upgrading to the S4 tho

you won't be disappointed
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Battery life is bad if you use a lot of internet on it.

I found that making my lock screen and home screen wallpapers all black has helped preserve battery life. I also turn off my 4g when I am not using it. Keep it on power saver mode and turn off all the unnecessary ? like air gesture and stuff. Auto screen brightness is effective too.
  • vageneral08
    Options

Battery life is bad if you use a lot of internet on it.

I found that making my lock screen and home screen wallpapers all black has helped preserve battery life. I also turn off my 4g when I am not using it. Keep it on power saver mode and turn off all the unnecessary ? like air gesture and stuff. Auto screen brightness is effective too.

yeah I thought about that too the more you use it the battery wont last as long I dont use alot of apps like that anyway and I use the internet when I'm searching for something so I'll be straight
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get over a day and a half on a full charge... and i use my phone heavy.. wtf are yall doin?!
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thinking about getting it next week its 200 with my 2 year upgrade at verizon

should I wait? My homie told me the verizon isnt worth rooting is that true? I plan on using emulators and all that ? and getting a 64gb sd card
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Huh? What does Verizon have to do with whether or not a phone is worth rooting? If anything Verizon phones are the one you want to root the most because the put a lot of bloatware on their phones.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Huh? What does Verizon have to do with whether or not a phone is worth rooting? If anything Verizon phones are the one you want to root the most because the put a lot of bloatware on their phones.

My homie told some ? about the Verizon version not being able to do some of the stuff his ATT version does when its rooted
  • vageneral08
    Options
    $200 for an upgrade? damn you getting ? verizon expense as ? anyway so I'm not surprise
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    yea Verizon expensive as hell think Im gonna pick it up next week Im still on the fence if I should wait for a better or not
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    How much does it cost with an upgrade on other carriers?
  • Bcotton5
    Options

Im staying Verizon, under a family plan
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Nah I was asking because you guys are saying 200 is expensive for an upgrade. I was wondering what the subsidized price for the phone was on other carriers.
  • vageneral08
    Options

well I know with sprint it's 150 for the S4 I dont know about at&t
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I just went to walmart and saw the S4 black upgrade for 168 + a $50 walmart gift card, guess the Verizon stores are just taxing
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I just went to walmart and saw the S4 black upgrade for 168 + a $50 walmart gift card, guess the Verizon stores are just taxing

Nah, I'm sure you can go to other stores and find special deals on the phones too. There is a difference between finding a third party store with perks and buying the phone straight from the carrier.

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm on that........the S4 is a ? beast

got a 64GB micro SD

although the 16GB that came on the phone wasn't bad tho...........I still had like 12GB free on my phone

so wtf is up with these other cats talmbout they only got approximately 9GB from their phone's internal storage?
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    I'm on that........the S4 is a ? beast

got a 64GB micro SD

although the 16GB that came on the phone wasn't bad tho...........I still had like 12GB free on my phone

so wtf is up with these other cats talmbout they only got approximately 9GB from their phone's internal storage?

Of the 16g that comes with the phone 7,5g is being taken by the OS(operating system). Touchwiz the OS for Samsung is a memory beast. If you're a big picture and video taker those 9g's will be eating up very quick especially since Apps to SD isn't available on these phones. Here's a article on the subject....http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/6/4401652/samsung-galaxy-s4-update-storage-improvements-sd-card-apps

Wish we knew this before buying or I would have got the 32GB model
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't want to make a separate thread for this but I think the HTC One is a better phone. My humble opinion
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I think the general consensus when the two came out were that the One was a better designed phone both hardware and softwarewise, but the S4 has more bells and whistles.