does prayer accomplish anything?

Options

Comments

• Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    100 Prime wrote: »
    so where are all the skulls and bones at that showing the actual evolution..

dn9989-1_300.jpg

that is honestly the dumbest "evidence" ever..... you just exactly proved my point....
  • Premeer
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »

dn9989-1_300.jpg

that is honestly the dumbest "evidence" ever..... you just exactly proved my point....

meekins, stop being a ? and speaking on ? you know nothing about, just stop

sounds like you dont know what you are talking about.......

skulls is the "evidence".. but their "evidence" is weak.

just random ape skulls and they put a story to them.

whos the bigger ? .. them for making it up, or you for believing that trash.
  • Premeer
    Options

dn9989-1_300.jpg

meekins, stop being a ? and speaking on ? you know nothing about, just stop

sounds like you dont know what you are talking about.......

skulls is the "evidence".. but their "evidence" is weak.

just random ape skulls and they put a story to them.

whos the bigger ? .. them for making it up, or you for believing that trash.

a few questions.

have you ever been to a higher learning institution?

have you ever taken biology course at a college?

do you have degree in a related field to the subject?

if the answer to any of these is no, then you don't know what the ? you're talking about

would you let some random person that didn't know ? about cars work on your car? no, why, because the don't know ? about cars. same goes with this, except the subject is much more complicated and in-depth then a car

when you think you know about something you've never learned about, you not only disrespect all knowledge and learning, you disrespect yourself.

actually go learn about these things instead of just talking out if your ass please

look here, homie... simple logic, simple questions, that require simple answers.

atheists hate simple logic, simple questions because they can never answer them. atheists make everything more difficult than its gotta be. and on top of that, they are never right because they dont believe in ? .

until they believe in ? , science and its followers will forever be on the wrong side of the truth.

so again.... where is this "proof" of evolution.. more than just a "theory" and 5 skulls... please. this is ridiculous.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    When ? heals amputees.

@ me
    lmao!

You know they gonna post a prosthesis doctor and say ? gave him the skills to make people new limbs.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't think so, but i do it anyway. i don't think it's supposed to work like that tho anyway, ? is not supposed to be some endless wish genie you go to for every damn thing

i pray for things like understanding, patience, mental fortitude. also praying in islam is more about worshipping ? than anything else
    Exactly.

Pray is SUPPOSED to be a form of meditation. Not a religious and celestial version of 9-1-1.
  • Premeer
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    i don't think so, but i do it anyway. i don't think it's supposed to work like that tho anyway, ? is not supposed to be some endless wish genie you go to for every damn thing

i pray for things like understanding, patience, mental fortitude. also praying in islam is more about worshipping ? than anything else
    Exactly.

Pray is SUPPOSED to be a form of meditation. Not a religious and celestial version of 9-1-1.

stop exposing yourself.

prayer is not meant for just in times of need.. praying is encouraged all the time, every mood, happy, sad, or content, when you need nothing, or when in need.. to give thanks and count your blessings to show your appreciation.. look at praying as the same thing as talking to somebody on the phone. its a form of communication.

knowing ? is more than just believing... its having a relationship. you cant have a relationship with somebody if you dont communicate....

with all that being said...........

24zf80o.jpg

• IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    PRAYER CAN NEVER BE REPLACED.. JUST LIKE ? CAN'T BE REPLACED. . THAT'S THE PROBLEM NOW. . EVERYONE THINKS THAT THEY KNOW IT ALL AND THEY HAVE EVERYTHING IN CONTROL.... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE LITTLE PETTY PROBLEMS THAT YALL HAVE NOW SO HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK YOU REALLY "KNOW"

so if ? knows all why the hell he ? ? over during slavery? ? was prayin everyday. even why the master was rappin the women and men and beatin them to a ? pulp but ? is real. yeah right. ? love ? more than ? loves itself but yet ? are the most hated people on the earth. explain that ? dip ? . also how is ? real when africans didnt believe in ? before slavery?

It's not gods job to deliver your ass from physical slavery it's yours, faith without works is dead so if you don't take it on yourself to do something about your situation and believe ? is on your side then things will stay the same. ? is not a genie that will give you whatever you want just because you ask.

If ? 's prophets often suffered and he never saved them from feeling pain what makes you think he is going to swing down and stop you from feeling it. do you realize jesus got his ass beat nailed to a cross and died, don't you see the message ? it trying to convey in that story.

first jesus was a ? . his quote unquote pain couldnt ? with ? like kunte kinte and such. and i do put in work but its never to no avail. i was gods number one fan. n/h. but ? never came through and reality showed me that religion or even possibly spirituality has no affect in this world.

Fool, i am willing to bet you have suffered no real pain in your life you are just another little boy angry at ? because you did not get what you want. Most ? living in modern day America have no real reason to complain about ? you spoiled rich weaklings.

first and foremost my patna...you dont know wtf ive been through in my life to even make a idiotic assumption like this. if i didnt know ? then that would mean that ? exist but "it" doesnt. if i told you my trials and tribulations (i spit a many ? on here) then you should feel my pain. n/h

You have not been through ? both you and i know that, i can make that assumption because if you live in a first world nation you don't really know what it is to face suffering. there is not one real ghetto in america in the so called ghettos in america you have access to free schooling food and in many cases a roof over your head.

what, did you have bad parents is that why you hate ? .

did your uncle touch you in a wrong place or were you simply to poor to afford the nice things. maybe you became a victim of child abuse. maybe you were homeless the homeless in america live really really good compared to some places. In any case you got it easy so

stop complaining and thank ? you weak ? .

you act as mental anguish aint ? bruh. mental is worse than physical. so go ahead and suck gods and jesus ? like you been doin. catchin the holy ghost cause ? laid it down right. ? ass ? .

• _Sour_
    _Sour_ Members Posts: 31
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    When ? heals amputees.

@ me

He did.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An easier way to understand my argument is this:

If ? is the sole creator of the universe and being omniscient, saw the state of the universe and everything/one within it at all times before he set to create it, he chose for these events to happen as they've taken place simply because ? is supposedly omnipotent and had the ability to create a universe with a higher percentage of good thus decreasing if not eliminating the percentage of evil and as a consequence changing the course of events that were to take place within that particular universe.

So even if you translate or interpret the Bible in a way that it does not explicitly state that determinism is true, it is implied in other ways.

The problem with your argument is that the ? you describe is not the one of the bible, ? created the universe but does not cause every little thing to happen this understanding is central to the universe ? created. The nature of the universe is such that free will is central to it's operation. why because all of ? 's attributes are in chosen submission to his love, ? did not create a universe without free will because it would violate his very nature which is love. So ? is not making everything happen in the sense that he is personally guiding it, that would be predestination. he just knows every possible outcome to our actions before we take them and he knows this all at the same time as we would understand the concept. So while ? is omnipotent his omnipotence is submitted to his love ? cannot predestine everything for us it would be against his nature.

to begin with i don't know why you are making the leap of logic that says somehow foreknowledge equals predestination they are two different things and just because you make something and know what it will do does not mean that you predestined it to do what ever it did.

• Premeer
    Options
    An easier way to understand my argument is this:

If ? is the sole creator of the universe and being omniscient, saw the state of the universe and everything/one within it at all times before he set to create it, he chose for these events to happen as they've taken place simply because ? is supposedly omnipotent and had the ability to create a universe with a higher percentage of good thus decreasing if not eliminating the percentage of evil and as a consequence changing the course of events that were to take place within that particular universe.

So even if you translate or interpret the Bible in a way that it does not explicitly state that determinism is true, it is implied in other ways.
    my goodness.. your argument is weak. ? is all knowing. He knew what was.going to happen since creation. That does not mean he meant for it to happen. You forget there's 2 sides of power yo this world that has influence over people and souls.
  • Premeer
    Options
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The problem with your argument is that the ? you describe is not the one of the bible

The ? I'm describing is the Bible ? . There are verses to prove this. All I'm saying is the Bible ? is omnipotent and omniscient. If you dont think that fits the Bible ? description, I can accept that because the contradiction lies within that description. For the contradiction to disappear, one would have to give up one of the two qualities of ? (the omni's)

? did not create a universe without free will because it would violate his very nature which is love. So ? is not making everything happen in the sense that he is personally guiding it, that would be predestination. he just knows every possible outcome to our actions before we take them and he knows this all at the same time as we would understand the concept.

If ? created everything, even though we supposedly have the "choice" to make a certain decision, he created all possible outcomes. There would be no route we could have taken outside of what he willed since he is the creator of the universe and all possibilities. In ? 's case, he "knew" what action you would take, therefore he created the event to happen that way.
    So while ? is omnipotent his omnipotence is submitted to his love ? cannot predestine everything for us it would be against his nature.

On the contrary, it would be against his nature (which is omnipotence and omniscience) for predistination to be false

• zombie
    Options
    The problem with your argument is that the ? you describe is not the one of the bible

The ? I'm describing is the Bible ? . I can prove it if you want to go there. All I'm saying is the Bible ? is omnipotent and omniscient. If you dont think that fits the Bible ? description, I can accept that because the contradiction lies within that description.

? did not create a universe without free will because it would violate his very nature which is love. So ? is not making everything happen in the sense that he is personally guiding it, that would be predestination. he just knows every possible outcome to our actions before we take them and he knows this all at the same time as we would understand the concept.

If ? created everything, even though we supposedly have the "choice" to make a certain decision, he created all possible outcomes. There would be no route we could have taken outside of what he would allow since he is the creator of the universe. But he "knew" what action you would take, therefore he created the event to happen that way.

So while ? is omnipotent his omnipotence is submitted to his love ? cannot predestine everything for us it would be against his nature.

On the contrary, it would be against his nature (which is omnipotence and omniscience) for predistination to be false

Clearly you do not understand what is written there in the bible in the first place if your did we would not be having this old does freewill exist alongside ? 's omnipotence and omiscience debate. ? 's nature is love above everything else it's love that determines how all his other powers behave. ? did not create all possible outcomes but they from his perspective all exist simultaneously before we have chosen them so in other words ? lets us choose which reality becomes actuality and judges us based on what really happened in our reality and what we don't choose never existed.

You have to understand that all gods attributes work together in perfection to bring about his love for his creation if you leave out one then you will miss the whole show. so ? will temper his omni powers for love.
  • Bodhi
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Clearly you do not understand what is written there in the bible in the first place if your did we would not be having this old does freewill exist alongside ? 's omnipotence and omiscience debate.

I understand the Bible enough to know that it describes ? as omnipotent and omniscient and the creator of all things.

? 's nature is love.

Isaiah 45:7
    I make peace, and create evil

? did not create all possible outcomes but they from his perspective all exist simultaneously before we have chosen them.

If ? can see reality before we (assuming we created it since you don't want to place responsibility on ? ) existed to create it, then how does it exist?? If ? is not the creator of reality, he is not the creator of everything.
    so in other words ? lets us choose which reality becomes actuality and judges us based on what really happened in our reality and what we don't choose never existed.

So ? did not create reality but he's just sitting back letting us do our own thing and responds based on what we do?? He's judging based on something he didn't even create?
    and what we don't choose never existed.

It did exist because you said earlier that ? saw it
    ? did not create all possible outcomes but they from his perspective all exist

• zombie
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Clearly you do not understand what is written there in the bible in the first place if your did we would not be having this old does freewill exist alongside ? 's omnipotence and omiscience debate.

I understand the Bible enough to know that it describes ? as omnipotent and omniscient and the creator of all things.

Yes, but you don't know it enough to know that all these things are run under the law of love which can also be called the law of free will
    ? 's nature is love.

1 john 4:8

Isaiah 45:7
    I make peace, and create evil

Evil here does not mean evil as you are thinking of it, it means calamity or problems not evil in the moral sense, i don't use the kjv
    ? did not create all possible outcomes but they from his perspective all exist simultaneously before we have chosen them.

If ? can see reality before we (assuming we created it since you don't want to place responsibility on ? ) existed to create it, then how does it exist?? If ? is not the creator of reality, he is not the creator of everything.

These realities do not exist to us but they exist to him. From ? 's perspective every possibality has been done already both the good and the bad have happened. We in our reality erase some of those possible realities that are only real to ? and so as we go along those realities no longer exist and in fact they never did. ? chooses to forget sin and the sin then never exists for him and the realities they would have created are wiped away.
    so in other words ? lets us choose which reality becomes actuality and judges us based on what really happened in our reality and what we don't choose never existed.

So ? did not create reality but he's just sitting back letting us do our own thing and responds based on what we do??

? is the originator of the first reality now ? indirectly creates reality by letting us create reality that's why he gives us the bible prophets and religions to help us create a reality that he would want for us.

? does not make our future instant by instant we do that it is a power he has given us, of course there are certain things he makes happen but for the most part we create our future.

and what we don't choose never existed.

It did exist because you said earlier that ? saw it

It only existed to ? .

i lean more to open theist christianity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_theism
  • Bodhi
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ? is the originator of the first reality now ? indirectly creates reality by letting us create reality that's why he gives us the bible prophets and religions to help us create a reality that he would want for us.

? does not make our future instant by instant we do that it is a power he has given us, of course there are certain things he makes happen but for the most part we create our future.

If ? lets humans create reality, then he is not the creator of all things as you've admitted here:

If reality exists independent of ? 's will, ? is not the creator of all things. On the other hand, you say this:
    ? lets us choose which reality becomes actuality and judges us based on what really happened in our reality and what we don't choose never existed.

which contradicts your first claim wherein you said the outcomes exist because ? sees them. Now, you say the outcomes never existed at all and only one outcome exists which is the outcome we choose. If this is true, there was only one road we could have taken and all other outcomes, as you've said, don't really exist but are merely illusions whereby we imagine that we have free will. In this way, determinism is true.
  • Bodhi
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Evil here does not mean evil as you are thinking of it, it means calamity or problems not evil in the moral sense, i don't use the kjv

The one who creates evil things is himself evil in the moral sense.

Matthew 7:17-20
    Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Evil is defined as something that causes harm, discomfort or misfortune... suffering.

Calamity per se is
    1: a state of deep distress or misery caused by major misfortune or loss
    2: a disastrous event marked by great loss and lasting distress and suffering

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/calamity

As Matthew states, a good tree cannot bear bad fruit. A morally just ? does not create suffering, evil or calamity.
  • Bodhi
    Options

The ? of open theism is not omniscient.
  • zombie
    Options

If ? lets humans create reality, then he is not the creator of all things as you've admitted here:

If reality exists independent of ? 's will, ? is not the creator of all things. On the other hand, you say this:
    ? lets us choose which reality becomes actuality and judges us based on what really happened in our reality and what we don't choose never existed.

which contradicts your first claim wherein you said the outcomes exist because ? sees them. Now, you say the outcomes never existed at all and only one outcome exists which is the outcome we choose. If this is true, there was only one road we could have taken and all other outcomes, as you've said, don't really exist but are merely illusions whereby we imagine that we have free will. In this way, determinism is true.

Nothing exists apart from gods will.

? made man and so therefore and from that point all the possible realities created by man only exists in two states actual and possible. to ? the possible is just as real as the actual, this is where i divert from open theism a bit. Other than that read the wiki article i posted it will give you a better understanding on my positions. i answered your questions already.
  • Bodhi
    Options

But evil exists so the existence of evil is part of ? 's will.
  • zombie
    Options

The one who creates evil things is himself evil in the moral sense.

Matthew 7:17-20
    Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Evil is defined as something that causes harm, discomfort or misfortune... suffering.

Calamity per se is
    1: a state of deep distress or misery caused by major misfortune or loss
    2: a disastrous event marked by great loss and lasting distress and suffering

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/calamity

As Matthew states, a good tree cannot bear bad fruit. A morally just ? does not create suffering, evil or calamity.

the passage should not read evil in the first place. you don't have a point here because matthew is talking about morals and isa is not.
  • zombie
    Options

The ? of open theism is not omniscient.

yes he is.

open theism understands what omniscient means differently from what you do.

? knows all that is knowable but we don't know what is knowable or not.
  • zombie
    Options

But evil exists so the existence of evil is part of ? 's will.

No because evil is not doing what ? would like, so literally if ? wills something it is good. so ? cannot will evil calamity is not the same things as evil.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    yes he is.

open theism understands what omniscient means differently from what you do.

Open theism claims that ? is learning. For one to learn, one must first fail to be omniscient.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    No because evil is not doing what ? would like, so literally if ? wills something it is good. so ? cannot will evil calamity is not the same things as evil.

1. If ? does not create evil, he is not the creator of everything.
    2. One who creates calamity is evil in the moral sense. Morals per se are based on the will to create or reduce/cease suffering. Calamity = suffering, so one who creates suffering is morally injust.