Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeros/The Phantom Pain

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    I'm stucked on episode 16

Just finished this mission. Took out the tanks with a rocket launcher after capturing the Kizba outpost. Then lured the guest stars away from the cargo and ordered an air strike on them. One on one they can be handled with run and shoot tactics. But you'll need heavy weapons for them.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just beat the game today. Dont play mission 45
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't played in 2 days. Can't wait til my day off. I need that sniper tranquilize . That ? sounds goat. Probably the best game I've played since San Andreas.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im only on mission 7 havent had a chance to play much just had a question....

Are all the maps/missions in the desert?

Wanting to know if there is any variety considering every mission looks very similar
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The reviews on this game are insane, don't think I've ever witnessed a game get this much praise since the first Halo and San Andreas. Bout to tear off the wrapper and finally start playing this game.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't had this much fun in a game in a long time. Only game that comes close that isn't metal gear was red dead. I've spent everyday since getting it playing it, its ? amazing.

That said one thing I wish they did differently was have Big Boss speak more. Really dislike that he is almost as quiet as Quiet.

Go figure wrote: »
    Im only on mission 7 havent had a chance to play much just had a question....

Are all the maps/missions in the desert?

Wanting to know if there is any variety considering every mission looks very similar

You go to Angola, I haven't gotten much further than that though. Been grinding side ops to get my gmp up
  • Turfaholic
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Angola>>>Afghanistan

Those sandstorms are WOAT
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this game really THAT good or is it all hype? I only ask because alot of the popular review sites had to play the game in a contrived environment with a time limit, which I believe made it easier for reviewers to convince themselves they liked it more than they really did, for fear of being the outsider...sorta like Marvel movies.

Not trolling, genuine question.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Is this game really THAT good or is it all hype? I only ask because alot of the popular review sites had to play the game in a contrived environment with a time limit, which I believe made it easier for reviewers to convince themselves they liked it more than they really did, for fear of being the outsider...sorta like Marvel movies.

Not trolling, genuine question.

? dope. Its like GTA, COD, and Skyrim wrapped in one.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You ? get hype about anything that can hold your attention for 2 hrs. Get this Japanese ? outta here b
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This makes COD look childish
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't played this & don't plan on playing this too many games got my attention right now
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought that tranquilizer sniper rifle you get for Quiet would be silenced, might as well stick to lethal ? since they both loud.
  • kzzl
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Mission 17, where you have to rescue the two intel members was my toughest yet. Then the missions check point after dying is right when you've been spotted by an armored guard next to the first intel prisoner. The trip being that I got the first prisoner out with no alerts initially.

Then they ? the second intel guy before you're really able to find him with or without an alert. Either I ? up somewhere or this mission wasn't thought out well. I had an all out fire fight, first time I ever had to ? everyone. I had to go loud with both primaries, had to tell Quiet to shoot everything that moved, and call air support. ? was chaos everywhere.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Once you get to that area use the sonar radar from Boss's arm to mark everything in that area if you don't have DD with you. DD is a better spotter than Quiet, been plenty of times she done missed enemies in areas I told her to scout ahead.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot I still had GTA V on the PS4 to get flip. I might cop this tomorrow using my GCU rewards.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm on Mission 10, but here's my complaint about the game: Why the ? did they get Kiefer Sutherland?

So far, Snake has been silent about 80 percent of the time. No back and forth CODEC or equivalent chatter. No dry-ass humor. This is all lecturing. He says one or two lines then another character talks ? forever so far. The gameplay is cool, but a game this reliant on story is ? up with the borderline silent protagonist. It's like Sutherland is getting paid per line or some ? .

I'm literally listening to lecture tapes. Unless there are like four million other missions to go and then he starts opening his mouth, I'm not a fan of this Metal Gear: Master Chief cutscenes I'm getting.
  • kzzl
    Options
    Big Boss as a character is the games biggest flaw. Dude is just flat, card board, and a blunt object. Snake had opinions and ? , but this Big Boss guy compared to everybody else, even the guards or Quiet, is lacking in that department.

And expecting us to listen through all these audio cassetes? They could of put Miller and Ocelot hanging at the base and we actually watch them carry out the conversations first hand.

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Big Boss not talking is my biggest problem with this game, MGS is a story driven game, and the main character needs to speak and have feelings to help drive the story. I know people were ? about the 30 minute cutscenes in MGS4 but I am honestly missing those because Snake actually had something to add by either being a bad ass or a smart ass. If they were going to get a different voice actor, it should have been someone that would actually make the character feel alive.
    Like for when the Man on Fire or that possible ? Mantis guy shows up. Even Eli, fans of the series KNOW who they are, and Big Boss knows who fights like the Man on Fire, yet nothing is said. No reaction or even a ? grunt.

Even with the somewhat annoying boss fights(which may be because I am terrible at video games nowadays) that have me screaming, Big Boss having less emotion than Quiet is the biggest issue with the game for me.

The funny thing is they even have some of Hayter's grunts when Boss dies or is interrogating someone. Hayter acted like a scorn ? after they fired him, but at least he gave the character emotion and made him feel alive.

Also he does talk a little bit more, just a little, by Mission 20-29 which is where I am now. Thats kinda where the story picks up in my opinion for obvious reasons.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Mission 17, where you have to rescue the two intel members was my toughest yet. Then the missions check point after dying is right when you've been spotted by an armored guard next to the first intel prisoner. The trip being that I got the first prisoner out with no alerts initially.

Then they ? the second intel guy before you're really able to find him with or without an alert. Either I ? up somewhere or this mission wasn't thought out well. I had an all out fire fight, first time I ever had to ? everyone. I had to go loud with both primaries, had to tell Quiet to shoot everything that moved, and call air support. ? was chaos everywhere.
    there's Intel with the location next to the prisoner who gets killed
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    I'm stuck on the mission where you gotta steal a truck with two tanks guarding it. I can knock out the tanks but them smoke ? pop up with thick ass armor on
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    hwzr02.jpg
    Got it for $12.66 after trade-in & GCU membership
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many main missions are there?
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I'm stuck on the mission where you gotta steal a truck with two tanks guarding it. I can knock out the tanks but them smoke ? pop up with thick ass armor on

Take out the tanks from a distance either with a rocket launcher or airstrikes, crawl on the ground away from the truck if not spotted by the super soldiers, they'll slowly walk to your last position, pull them as far away from the truck ass possible and airstrike them muthafuckas. Having Quiet with you helps too because you can have her take a snipe position and order shots from her to distract them super soldiers as you try to flee from your last position if they haven't spotted you.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Big Boss as a character is the games biggest flaw. Dude is just flat, card board, and a blunt object. Snake had opinions and ? , but this Big Boss guy compared to everybody else, even the guards or Quiet, is lacking in that department.

And expecting us to listen through all these audio cassetes? They could of put Miller and Ocelot hanging at the base and we actually watch them carry out the conversations first hand.

There's a reason he doesn't say much in the game. It'll be understandable why once you finish the game, but it'll probably still leave you ? off.