Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeros/The Phantom Pain

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I'm stuck on the mission where you gotta steal a truck with two tanks guarding it. I can knock out the tanks but them smoke ? pop up with thick ass armor on

Order a bombardment. But hide first and lure them away from the truck. On mine they walked off together on their own trying to find me. Just use a mag or decoy to lure them if need be.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This game does not feel like Metal Gear at all. I love the gameplay, but everything else is just..... off.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    How many main missions are there?

30 Main Story Missions...

157 Side Ops (Optional Missions)...

Anyone else encounter Quiet before Mission 11 was supposed to happen?...
    Completed Mission 7 and was on my way to get the blueprints for the stun function for the bionic arm when I got into a fight with Quiet, it jumped straight to Mission 11; anyways quick S rank is to request supply drops on to her head twice and the fight is over lol...Another good tip is to use the boxes to catch the wandering soldier...
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the deal with the 482 seconds game data install?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally beat it. Damn shame I found out there's a hat worst than the chicken hat
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    How many main missions are there?

30 Main Story Missions...

157 Side Ops (Optional Missions)...

Anyone else encounter Quiet before Mission 11 was supposed to happen?...
    Completed Mission 7 and was on my way to get the blueprints for the stun function for the bionic arm when I got into a fight with Quiet, it jumped straight to Mission 11; anyways quick S rank is to request supply drops on to her head twice and the fight is over lol...Another good tip is to use the boxes to catch the wandering soldier...

Main story goes up to 45
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been trying to get the skulls suits i cant figure out how to fulton them since i fulton everything that ain't bolted down. then sell what i don't need. I've heard there's a sniper wolf outfit you could unlock for quiet just dont know how to unlock it.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    I need to start selling ? . I'm broke from upgrading everything. I forgot about selling resources and ? .
  • reapin505
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    I've been trying to get the skulls suits i cant figure out how to fulton them since i fulton everything that ain't bolted down. then sell what i don't need. I've heard there's a sniper wolf outfit you could unlock for quiet just dont know how to unlock it.

Well thats something else for me to work to. This game is too much.
  • scoop1215
    edited September 2015
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    scoop1215 wrote: »

Well thats something else for me to work to. This game is too much.

i think i need that wormhole fulton because i've tried everything else i beat the skulls using the honey bee or killer bee launcher. I know u need to get a legendary jackal called Anubis and it gives u the hand of Jehuty and i think the wormhole fulton
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    hwzr02.jpg
    Got it for $12.66 after trade-in & GCU membership

yea I got mine for 40
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    I need this online ? to hurry up and jumpoff. My Lil bro say October 6th.
  • kzzl
    Options
    Between upgrading ? , buying ? , and getting more gmp I aint had time for the main story. Game play is a lot more fun once you understand it more and gain access to more options for different situations. I just finished mission 19. Mission 18 is my favorite so far. Never had to deal with something like that and so many factors in a metal gear game.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need more Fuel and Common Metal so I can finish upgrading the base, all my staff is maxed out, I'm stuck at level 3.
  • kzzl
    Options
    Anybody else change characters when doing side ops? Got a black guy called golden lion that I roll as. He has a bonus to extractions. A lot of them have skills for when you play as them.
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I picked this up 10 mins ago now I got buyers remorse

I still got a bag of witcher contracts to do plus firefly and riddler are still on the loose
  • scoop1215
    edited September 2015
    Options
    heres a tip Quarantine everyone speaking Kikongo. i have over 400 staff in quaratine all a++'s smh
  • scoop1215
    Options
    here's the deleted ending to eli "liquid's" story that kojima had to cut out from the game cause konami rushed him to get it out.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just beat the game
  • kzzl
    Options
    There's a lot of ? they don't tell you about this game it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XmZgzRvEiU
  • scoop1215
    edited September 2015
    Options
    so someone just found another ending in the game. it might be a ending to the fob missions.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Many will tell you that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain comes across as rushed at times. While there's a lot to do, it's light on story -- a sharp contrast with earlier Metal Gear games, which are notorious for their epic-length cutscenes. However, there's now evidence suggesting that the original plan was for a much larger, more substantial game. Players on the Facepunch forums have discovered files in the PC version of MGSV which show that the title was supposed to have not only more prominent characters (such as The Boss), but an entire third chapter. It's not clear exactly how much is missing, but the released game's abrupt end hints that the third section was going to bring the story to a proper conclusion.

It's not shocking that there's missing content -- studios frequently cut material from games, whether it's to make looming ship dates or simply to scrap elements that didn't pan out. However, the sheer scope of what was cut, combined with Konami's attempt to divest itself of Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima, doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture. It hints that the publisher wanted to get MGSV (and its relationship with Kojima) finished as quickly as possible, even if it involved making some big sacrifices. The overall warm response to the shipping game shows that you didn't lose too much of the core experience, but it's all too tempting to wonder what might have emerged if Konami had more patience.

Konami ain't ? . They better not pull some ? like making it DLC.
  • reapin505
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    Many will tell you that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain comes across as rushed at times. While there's a lot to do, it's light on story -- a sharp contrast with earlier Metal Gear games, which are notorious for their epic-length cutscenes. However, there's now evidence suggesting that the original plan was for a much larger, more substantial game. Players on the Facepunch forums have discovered files in the PC version of MGSV which show that the title was supposed to have not only more prominent characters (such as The Boss), but an entire third chapter. It's not clear exactly how much is missing, but the released game's abrupt end hints that the third section was going to bring the story to a proper conclusion.

It's not shocking that there's missing content -- studios frequently cut material from games, whether it's to make looming ship dates or simply to scrap elements that didn't pan out. However, the sheer scope of what was cut, combined with Konami's attempt to divest itself of Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima, doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture. It hints that the publisher wanted to get MGSV (and its relationship with Kojima) finished as quickly as possible, even if it involved making some big sacrifices. The overall warm response to the shipping game shows that you didn't lose too much of the core experience, but it's all too tempting to wonder what might have emerged if Konami had more patience.

? ? damnit. Someone send Solid Snake to murder the Konami exec team ? this ? .
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea I heard the game was supposed to be longer
  • kzzl
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »

While I'm having a satisfying experience with the gameplay, this is disappointing to hear.

On another note, from what I've played of PP, I don't think GZ needed to be a separate title like they claimed. Then again, with this mysterious cut content, it might have made sense back then.