Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeros/The Phantom Pain

Options

Comments

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    Its trying to say the stealth in thief is better than in metal gear.

U could've did that a lot better fam

Que? I wasn't agreeing with that ? , never played Thief.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its trying to say the stealth in thief is better than in metal gear.

U could've did that a lot better fam

Que? I wasn't agreeing with that ? , never played Thief.

You're missing out big time
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did the latest Thief suck?
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rofl...

MGS had cameras, floor grates that made noise when you stepped on them...

Add in every boss fight is epic and takes skill...

Plus Cyber Ninja...

Foh...

Thief...

Hahahahahahahaha...
  • Karl.
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Rofl...

MGS had cameras, floor grates that made noise when you stepped on them...

Add in every boss fight is epic and takes skill...

Plus Cyber Ninja...

Foh...

Thief...

Hahahahahahahaha...

Never forget.. "Who's footprints are these?"

That blew my mind all them years ago.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So anybody built their FOB? Ive avoided it since I kept getting disconnected a while back and also it slowed down my idroid too much. But since I pretty much finished the campaign, I'm considering messing with it now...
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    so did anyone get the alternate you stink boss scene with quiet in it lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_orBgRHeswo

Yeah I got it. I stay out in the field for long periods at a time. No way I'm coming back to MB smelling like roses.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Multiplayer jumps off today

Whoo!
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    He's OK. Woke up and said he felt better. Still had a cough. And yeah I'm going
  • Karl.
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Huh?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The online is pretty basic for now. Not to say it isn't fun, but they'll need to add some more modes to keep it alive. Definitely some co-op.
  • achewon87
    Options
    So Konami selling insurance for your FOB's lol...

Your FOBs are always at risk of coming under attack. Now, you can rest easy with FOB insurance (paid service). If you sign up for insurance, then during the insurance period you will be compensated for any materials and staff lost due to rival infiltrations.

* Staff/materials stolen by the rival will in fact remain on your base, and an identical amount of staff/materials will be handed over to the rival instead.

* MB Coins are purchased with real money, but free MB Coins are also distributed periodically as login bonuses, etc.

* The following are not covered by FOB insurance:

・Staff/items that are not fully your property, such as abducted staff being held in your Brig (FOB)

・Wounded staff (staff lost due to death or extraction will be compensated)

・Staff used by you to deploy in defense of the FOB (neither death nor extraction will be compensated)

・Nuclear weapons

http://kotaku.com/konami-goes-microtransaction-crazy-with-metal-gear-onli-1734889783
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Lmao. That was supposed to be a text. I was on medication. ? had me.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Online gameplay is fun. Outside of that it feels bare.

I'm on ps4, link up. Sn: YRNLforever
  • achewon87
    edited October 2015
    Options
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chapter 1 had me like this game is another classic!

Chapter 2 makes me feel like I been robbed

That repeat mission ? really killed the game for me. Still only at mission 47 tho so its not over yet
  • reapin505
    Options
    I think someone said there was supposed to be a Chapter 3. I suppose if you play Metal Gear Pachinko and win you get the chance to buy a $49.99 dlc smh. ? Konami.
  • Go figure
    Options
    Damn so now we need to win a chance to spend our hard earned money?

Sad part is I'd probably be willing to spend 50 on a chapter 3......if the missions are unique and they continue the story

? em for that
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So now that some time has passed and the hype has died down...is this still game of the year or was it somewhat disappointing?
  • Go figure
    Options
    So now that some time has passed and the hype has died down...is this still game of the year or was it somewhat disappointing?

To me it was game of the year til halfway. Majority of 2nd half of the missions are repeats of 1st half missions on extreme difficulty.

Idk how it got perfect ratings

But with that said i'd rather have played it than not.
  • reapin505
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

To me it was game of the year til halfway. Majority of 2nd half of the missions are repeats of 1st half missions on extreme difficulty.

It was Kojimas swan song thats why it got the ratings it did. I liked it, the first part was fun and I am sure the online is too(if my internet ? works so I can whoever is stealing my ? resources), and was damn beautiful. The game play is the best of any metal gear, the story lacks though. It doesn't help Sutherland was getting paid by the line, and m. night shyamalan like ending and a few other things. Just didn't feel like there was enough story there for me, BB not talking was also a driving force for the lack of story. I think @AP21 said it best, its a great game but doesn't feel like a metal gear game. I didn't need 30 minute cutscenes (though I personally never minded those) but at the very least have Snake comment on what the hell is happening.

Also I was just being bitter about the DLC pachinko thing lol, Konami ain't even gonna sell the Chapter 3.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

It was Kojimas swan song thats why it got the ratings it did. I liked it, the first part was fun and I am sure the online is too(if my internet ? works so I can whoever is stealing my ? resources), and was damn beautiful. The game play is the best of any metal gear, the story lacks though. It doesn't help Sutherland was getting paid by the line, and m. night shyamalan like ending and a few other things. Just didn't feel like there was enough story there for me, BB not talking was also a driving force for the lack of story. I think @AP21 said it best, its a great game but doesn't feel like a metal gear game. I didn't need 30 minute cutscenes (though I personally never minded those) but at the very least have Snake comment on what the hell is happening.

Also I was just being bitter about the DLC pachinko thing lol, Konami ain't even gonna sell the Chapter 3.

lol

i havent played this yet..waiting to cop during the Steam winter sale on the low
  • Black Boy King
    Options

It seems unfinished. It was great during the playthru
  • kzzl
    Options
    I just reached the repeated story missions last weekend, not doing it. That ? is just lazy game design. Did any of these game medias both to mention this? ? was disappointing as ? . Especially with all the story missions that are just filler already. Just gonna watch the rest on youtube.

The multiplayer fills tacked on at this point. But if they add some co-op activities to it, it might start to reach it's potential.

But the game play itself is phenomenal. So I'd at least tell another person to play it if there into stealth games at all.
  • kzzl
    Options
    Bruh, that True Ending was...

xzibit-1.jpg

...then it hit me...

26349764.jpg

... and I still was...

145560d1438023355-random-pictures-thread-only-rule-post-here-more-entertain-me-xzibit.jpg