Outrage Growing As Petition Demanding Rawse to Be Dropped From Reebok Started By Women's Group

Options

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course Ross gone get backlash from dat... artists have been under scrutiny 4 less...

Nelly got criticism 4 "exploiting" willing strippers wit da "tip drill" video...

Dre and Eminem got a Lil backlash 4 the song "guilty conscious"

Mj got a backlash 4 thriller

? Madonna stayed getting backlash 4 somthin...

*shrugs*
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He got away with it because he married Beyonce

He was in his 20's when she was like 12...
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    biggie ? guys tho its obvious : u look so good i`d suck on your daddys ? .....u cant be straight and say ? like that...im prett sure he ? with puff
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »
    biggie ? guys tho its obvious : u look so good i`d suck on your daddys ? .....u cant be straight and say ? like that...im prett sure he ? with puff

haha.. he took that line from the comedian Richard pryor

no excuse tho lol
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what is this the ? up line appreciation thread?
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Its not even that serious.

Exactly what is ? culture and where did it start?? I guess us blacks have a "Jordan culture", "Timberland culture", "gun culture", "box chevy culture", had a "Girbaud culture" when they were in style, and etc just cause hip hop artists rap about it??.. H3ll outta hear w/ all that....
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats sad is when nggas attempt to be clever but dont even know they history.

Jay Z been rapin innocent villagers since 98, b Lol

"I take and ? villages, who gon' stop him?
    Not Rudy Guiliani, not Hillary Rodham"
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I gas her up, ma just put it on your mouth,
    then I grab her neck and try to take her tonsils out"

Cam'ron
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »

Exactly what is ? culture and where did it start?? I guess us blacks have a "Jordan culture", "Timberland culture", "gun culture", "box chevy culture", had a "Girbaud culture" when they were in style, and etc just cause hip hop artists rap about it??.. H3ll outta hear w/ all that....

All I know is this....
    Kobe accused of ? and all endorsements gone.

Ben Roethlisberger repeatedly actually rapes ? and he loses nothing, no petitions, no demeaning signs at games for years, none of that ? .

Maybe the culture of ? they speak of is our culture.

Like my dude said, Bob Dylan was never met with opposition over a whole song about ? but Ross spit a few bars and ober 50,000 insecure white ? sign a petition against him. Be clear and fair across the board.

• trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ..I'm comin in the house and I'm gunnin' for your spouse
    Tryin' to send the ? back to her maker
    And if you got a daughter older then 15, I'ma ? her
    Take her on the living room floor, right there in front of you
    Then ask you seriously, whatchu wanna do?
    -dmx, x is coming

foul but dope at the same time..

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    women get ? eyyday b
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    em talked about ? his own mother and planning on becoming a ? in a jason mask - has an oscar

bizzarre talked about ? his pitbull, grandmother, bow wow and several females.

big talked about ? a little girl,

• ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    All the violence that rappers rap about in there songs why now do they try to take action on a line about ? ?
    So ? >>>> Talking about selling drugs and murdering people now?

• PebblesGirard
    PebblesGirard Members Posts: 69
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Because Ross is a fat slob and ? are doing anything they can not too ever see this again
    article-2210682-15460107000005DC-358_306x423.jpg
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All I know is this....

Ben Roethlisberger repeatedly actually rapes ? and he loses nothing, no petitions, no demeaning signs at games for years, none of that ? .

Like my dude said, Bob Dylan was never met with opposition over a whole song about ? but Ross spit a few bars and ober 50,000 insecure white ? sign a petition against him. Be clear and fair across the board.

The black tax.....................
  • wAXed_poetic
    wAXed_poetic Members Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't get it. he can teach the youth how to be a super gangsta, but ? is crossing the line?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? it i'll say it gotdammit.

it's past time muhfukkas stop being so got damn graphic in their music.
    got dammit, i need some music to play around my kids. THEY 8, 9, & 10 AND KNOW WHAT THE ? THESE ? AND ? BE SAYING!!!

for ? sake people.
    it's time for music to have a lil bit of decency and stop sounding like the ? matchmaking screen of a Halo game.

real talk.

what the ? happened to disguising ? behind metaphors?

have rappers AND SINGERS ALIKE gotten so gotdamn lazy that they can't top mother ? "toot it and boot it"

i did all that cursing on purpose... now imagine me saying that in your car, which is full of your children....

aight now back to yalls usual over analytical and pseudo-intellectual ? ....

Yea my daughter is 10 and it's a daily struggle with music and entertainment it's 98% sex and violence
  • S2J
    Options
    So let me get this str8....

According to the IC its okay to talk about ? as long as its said "a certain way"?

Lol, I see so many capes.

Cmon fam, it aint just the IC its irl too. Nggas are not stupid:

We know the difference between obvious sensationalism/BS in lyrics vs. A ngga tellin you something he did/does in real life.

• S2J
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »

According to the IC its okay to talk about ? as long as its said "a certain way"?

Cmon fam, it aint just the IC its irl too. Nggas are not stupid:

We know the difference between obvious sensationalism/BS in lyrics vs. A ngga tellin you something he did/does in real life.

Who's to say Ross wasnt bullshittin in lyrics too? According to the IC Ross is always bullshittin in his lyrics.

See, I hate when people debate/argue like this Lol I'm not talkin on some devil's advocate ? , or some 'what can you prove' type ? .

Lets cut all the bullshyt, and tell me what YOU think.

Can you honestly say you don't think Ross meant exactly what he said? Its so random why would he make it up? At the very least he's talkin about/advocatin somethng that he has done or seen

Example: These nggas talk about lean and mollies ALL DAY: Even if for whatever reason they dont do it themsleves, they advocating it and making it more popular. Same thing here.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i tjought dmx did what he say he did when i was younger i kinda still do
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @J-Breezy
    who is the girl in your sig??
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All I know is this....

There is truth in your post without a doubt. But..........Why can't we (blacks) be better? Why mimic what whites do?
    Are you saying because, they choose to poison their own we should too?

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wouldn't say a "Certain" way or even a "Creative" way but context is important. Take the Biggie "? " lines. The Raven Simone line was terrible but the song wasn't to be taken seriously thus the title "Dreams (Jus Playin). The "What's Beef" line in context is talking about what killers and horrible people do in "Beef" situations. The only other situation was on "Dead Wrong" which is a storytelling song about a home robbery invasion. Biggie has never advocated ? in any of those songs and two out of three of those songs were released after he died.

They were descriptions, no different then an author or director. Listening to the Ross Song just sounded pretty creepy cause I did feel like something slipped subconsciously. Also another factor was this was a single. Most of the songs being mentioned in this thread were albums cuts. My overall point is Ross gets the same artistic licence as anyone else. But Biggie, Jay and many others would easily be able to articulate they are telling a story or context. Ross did not do that so that's why it's making the situation worst. Ross saying "It's a misunderstanding" doesn't help matters. People can hear it with their own ears.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @rapmastermind

Im not talking about verses in storylines. There's plenty of examples in here where its not one.

If that's the case than I agree with you. Ross does have his artistic license but I think the controversy came more with his explanation. Had he been able to articulate his point better this wouldn't of been a controversy. ? is ? and I don't think Hip Hop should advocate it under any circumstance. With that said ? is also apart of life in the fact it does happen. Art has always been a mirror of soceity even though it's exaggerated at times. There are grimey dudes out there putting drugs in women's drinks or food and ? them.

That happens and there's nothing wrong with having a concept or story about it. But Ross didn't seem to be telling a story to me. As others have said it did kinda come off as a real thought even if it wasn't. As a rap fan even when I heard the Ross line I kinda cringed. I don't know I guess I'm getting older now. I am in my early 30's. It's getting harder for me to defend Hip Hop even though I love it with all my heart.

Like I said I grew up on that grimey lyrics from Big even DMX. Shoot Eminem has a ton of horrible lyrics. I guess my issue is you going to spit you need to defend it and Ross didn't do that well to me. I don't think Rap songs or any song for that matter causes anyone to ? someone but I understand why Ross is in Hot Water. This song was a single, it's getting radio play and is being pushed. A lot of the songs being mentioned didn't get airplay like that. This song would of probably gotten a video if this controversy didn't happen. So It is a question of what's being pushed onto the public too.