Outrage Growing As Petition Demanding Rawse to Be Dropped From Reebok Started By Women's Group

Options

Comments

• Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    A Wrong is a Wrong don't matter if a bigger wrong is being done. He should take responsibility say its wrong its only entertainment and keep it moving. That's what Men do or Grown folks period.

That's my main issue with Ross he doesn't take responsibility for ? . And its ok because ppl not talking about Waynes Emmit Till line or murder in Rap.

Smh that we live in a "Him did it too" ass society.

This is what you're not getting. yes it's wrong, but WHY are you hanging this guy is the real question. Why is he a mark for this? Should we make a thread everytime we hear a socially indecent line now? if not why is this getting so much recognition?

Instead of walking around that, address it, instead of just simplifying it was wrong. Let's not pretend it's not deeper than simply wrong and right.

People pick and choose who they want to attack. Ross is one of the Hottest Artist and he's basically featured on everything. Easy Target. The Bigger u are the Bigger the Microscpe.

With great Success comes Great responsibility. Its not Rocket Science.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He got away with it because he married Beyonce
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    ? this Petition. Murder is worse than ? and they aint said a word about that.

the fact murder is not looked at the same way does not justify ross using that line. look I agree i think rapping about bodying ? isn't cool either. rappers like jon connor rap about that stance as well. but that's like in the civil rights movement if people said "? ending segregation" being lynched is allot worse!"

If it's okay to rap about killing....it's okay to talk about ? ... how do you not understand that?

you don't....need...to...add extra dots....between statements....nah....mean?

i never condoned rapping about killing and many people have came out against that ? harder than ? (see al sharpton and crew) and me personally don't condone that ? . but at the same damn time that doesn't make it okay to talk about slipping ? in peoples drinks like ross did.

If a ? on trial can't be innocent by saying, "hey i didn't ? that chick; just ? her. why don't you focus on that murder of (insert person here) instead of prosecuting me!"
    Rick Ross makes music
    He hasn't commited any crime bruh, what he does is the same as what a film director does. There are horror Movies that depict ? , ? , murder, cannibalism etc. and nobody says ? , but when a black rapper aludes to some ? all hell breaks loose. If they can make movies like the girl with the dragon tatoo then Ross can say whatever the ? he wants. Rick Ross is a drug boss who kills ? and rapes ? . William Roberts is an ex cop who is a great actor/entertainer. Scarface was a murderous drug lord, Al Pacino is an actor and a family man. But when you're a black rapper you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    A Wrong is a Wrong don't matter if a bigger wrong is being done. He should take responsibility say its wrong its only entertainment and keep it moving. That's what Men do or Grown folks period.

That's my main issue with Ross he doesn't take responsibility for ? . And its ok because ppl not talking about Waynes Emmit Till line or murder in Rap.

This is what you're not getting. yes it's wrong, but WHY are you hanging this guy is the real question. Why is he a mark for this? Should we make a thread everytime we hear a socially indecent line now? if not why is this getting so much recognition?

Instead of walking around that, address it, instead of just simplifying it was wrong. Let's not pretend it's not deeper than simply wrong and right.

People pick and choose who they want to attack. Ross is one of the Hottest Artist and he's basically featured on everything. Easy Target. The Bigger u are the Bigger the Microscpe.

So you didnt mind when Drake said '"if amazing was a young ? , I be going to jail cuz I'm ? amazing"?
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options

So you didnt mind when Drake said '"if amazing was a young ? , I be going to jail cuz I'm ? amazing"?

Hell no cuz that's Wonothing. Always thought that was a dope line. There was nothing clever about what Ross said.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like a censorship issue to me

And no those horror movies are not depicting an event in History. Come on fam?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers say this outlandish sht to get and keep attention. The biggest blockbuster movies have an actor killing 400 people in spectacular fashion. In real life , he's killing 0 people. He'd go to jail. People watch or listen to things because they are inventive and entertaining.
    Im not pro crime, violence, violence against women, or any of that. But real life and entertainment are different worlds. Its just a rap song.People wont buy a rapper talking about going to work every day and going home. That rapper would make no money.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

Hell no cuz that's WORDPLAY nothing. Always thought that was a dope line. There was nothing clever about what Ross said.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.. you can take a Ross line and make it more than what it has to be, even tho it's not reality, but if I did it to a more popular target, you would quickly "justify" it under some form of creativity like i predicted with my arguments (when i used J Cole as an example).

So at the end of the day you hate on Ross to hate him, nothing more cuz if it was simply the fact what he said was wrong, you would do the same with ya boy, Drake.

Eluded Child ? vs Eluded ? . Choose the one you want to reach on and draw your own conclusions just cuz you don't liek who you like for whatever ? /non ? reason.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options

Hell no cuz that's WORDPLAY nothing. Always thought that was a dope line. There was nothing clever about what Ross said.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.. you can take a Ross line and make it more than what it has to be, even tho it's not reality, but if I did it to a more popular target, you would quickly "justify" it under some form of creativity like i predicted with my arguments (when i used J Cole as an example).

So at the end of the day you hate on Ross to hate him, nothing more cuz if it was simply the fact what he said was wrong, you would do the same with ya boy, Drake.

Eluded Child ? vs Eluded ? . Choose the one you want to reach on and draw your own conclusions just cuz you don't liek who you like for whatever ? /non ? reason.

Huh? Ur caping too hard for Ross. I stated my problem with Ross is not the line itself but the fact he doesn't own up to it. Just like the CO ? . I don't get how anybody can respect somebody who doesn't stand by their words, actions or Past.

Ppl talk about Em who I'm not a fan of but he stands behind the dumb ? he rap about.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

Huh? Ur caping too hard for Ross. I stated my problem with Ross is not the line itself but the fact he doesn't own up to it. Just like the CO ? . I don't get how anybody can respect somebody who doesn't stand by their words, actions or Past.

Ppl talk about Em who I'm not a fan of but he stands behind the dumb ? he rap about.

Why does he have to own up to that line tho when other rappers don't? I can say you're caping too hard for Drake also. I'm just using examples tho. Take it as you want.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ThirdSupreme has a point.
    Bob Dylan made a story about some guy going around killing and ? little girls. he was stalking this particular girl got her when she was alone and they described it as " he lunged towards her forcing himself on her. she was in the corner breathing heavily drenched in sweat as if her soul left her body"
    what kind of sick ? is that?
    Bob Dylan is seen as one of the greatest voices of all time and he received no backlash from this whatsoever.
    My professor even stated that it was OK for him to say it because everyone know he isn't like that.
    I'm sitting in class thinking how in the hell are we reading this and how can he be so biased.
    Insert Rick Ross and now suddenly he is the worst person to walk the face of the earth. I'm not condoning what he said. I don't think anything about ? is entertainment and idk how anyone can think that it is.
    but what I'm saying is that they should keep it consistent all across the board. these groups have an agenda to bring someone down while trying to lift themselves up and I don't think that is right.
    The problem that I have with Ross is that he didn't explain what he meant. all he said was that's not how we roll. he should admit that he was wrong and take responsibility for his actions.
    this doesn't negate the fact that he talks about other ? that can be viewed as negative but that's another discussion.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options

Why does he have to own up to that line tho when other rappers don't? I can say you're caping too hard for Drake also. I'm just using examples tho. Take it as you want.

Other rappers wasn't called out....
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

I just called out Drake. Imma send the songs to all the groups, so they can make youtube videos, and some people from the IC can make a thread about it, then you will "cape' for ya boy Drake, and I will be playing your role, saying how wrong Drake was and he should own up to it no matter what saying how it don't matter. Just because I want to attack Drake and not hold the hip hop culture responsible as a whole.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm sorry but it was clear that Rick Ross f*cked up with that line. There was no misinterpretation. He rapped about slipping a drug in a female drink (Which is illegal anyway) then taking her home and having sex with her and "She didn't even know it". I'm all for artistic expression more than anyone. But there was no storytelling here, there was no concept here. This was clearly a straight forward line.

He should of just took the L and kept it moving, now he's made it worst with that weak apology. Anyone saying "Molly" isn't a ? drug is kidding. Drugs affects everyone differently, the bottom line is if you slip a molly in someone's drink they will not be able to consent cause they aren't in their right mind. I'm actually happy about this controversy cause it's time for us to Take Hip Hop Back. Rappers have rapped about ? but it's always been mostly in a storytelling or concept form. This was not that so there is no excuse.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm all for freedom of speech and artistic expression, but Rozay is dead wrong for saying it, the women that are protesting are also using the same freedom of speech and I applaud them. The real ? are the program directors who allow this type of garbage to be broadcasted on free radio
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options

I just called out Drake. Imma send the songs to all the groups, so they can make youtube videos, and some people from the IC can make a thread about it, then you will "cape' for ya boy Drake, and I will be playing your role, saying how wrong Drake was and he should own up to it no matter what saying how it don't matter. Just because I want to attack Drake and not hold the hip hop culture responsible as a whole.

Who said Hip Hop culture isn't responsible? But just because a culture may support something doesn't excuse the persons actions.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Ishi wrote: »
    All the violence that rappers rap about in there songs why now do they try to take action on a line about ? ?
    So ? >>>> Talking about selling drugs and murdering people now?

I get what you're saying, but your logic is flawed...
    ppl being upset about this doesn't mean no one deplores the other stuff...
    ppl should b up in arms about this... as well as the other ? ...

What people who make the "Well how come *insert no name rapper here* isn't being put on blast it's because nobody knows who they are and everybody knows who Rick Ross is. Same with Eminem in the late 90's/early 2000's. he wasn't the first rapper to say the wild ? he said on record, but he was the most popular to do so. They target who they think influences the most so it's like "If we can get the biggest rappers to not do this then maybe it will trickle down to rappers coming up that they don't have to make lines about date ? women to sound hot"
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still upset that no one started a damn petition to make mr walrus ? to wear a shirt

Da ? wrong wit these ?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't a ? claim that Ross ? her when this 'story' came out???

If so, where the ? at????