Outrage Growing As Petition Demanding Rawse to Be Dropped From Reebok Started By Women's Group

Options

Comments

• N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this comes with the territory once you start getting that corporate money you gotta start watching what you say
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The issue here is not ? yall, tons of rappers have spit ? about ? . This is about Ross being so oddly specific about something really creepy...

I mean, thats some live by myself in the woods and part time as a CO in the city type ? .

Real ? dont have to trick ? into doing drugs... ? love drugs
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Like these hoes care about reebok sneakers

all becuz of a ? line?

cmon eminem talked about ? his mother, killing his baby mother a couple times, and doing coke, ecstasy

and that album went diamond

yet ross gets tormented by these ?

double standards are terrible

*doesn't remember the early 2000s when the pink mafia and feminists was on his ass and he had to cop out by performing with Elton John at the Grammys post*

The difference with Em was he always took responsibility for his words. He put it out there that it's only entertainment and shouldn't be taken seriously. He eventually toned it down with Recovery. And not capin for dude and the outlandish ? he said, but he at least acknowledges that there's a line.

There's nothing wrong with entertaining the public and sayin some ? up ? for shock value, that's part of hip hop. But if you can't bring perspective to what you're saying, you're just being irresponsible. We all know that Ross prides himself on being "trill", even though 90% of what he says is some fabricated ? ... so it looks worse on him when he says ? like that, cuz he doesn't draw the line between reality and entertainment. Plus that "explanation" was the biggest cop out ever.

So what you're saying is that all Ross has to do to get past this is perform at the Grammy's w/ Frank Ocean & Lady Gaga and all will be forgiven?

Eventually toned it down w/ Recovery lmao a decade later and ?

The sad thing in all of this is the groupie hoe Ross was referring to prolly would've let him smash anyway. Ross dumb as hell and heonteenoit
  • LV_Don
    LV_Don Members Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I ? and pillage your village, women and children"
    -Jay-Z's verse in Kanye's track Monster

Personally I don't condone any of these rappers taking about ? like this but how does Jay-Z get away with it even though he blatantly said it while Ross is the subject of public outrage?
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Y'all already know my stance on this, i fully agree with them. Ross is 100% wrong for that,

BUT..

My problem with things like this is that crowd that wants to step on anybody famous for a cause, which basically is hidden agenda. Half the ppl in them videos dont even listen to hip-hop yet now they pay attention to Rick Ross words?

I just dislike ppl who'll try to step on somebody to get theirs even if it's for a good cause. That's how they did 2pac before he even had a trial for the ? case.

They're basically trying to make people pay attention to ? in general but they're now using Ross, who's popular and has a popular song, to make people pay attention. In order to do that they'll make him out to be the villain which i don't like. Dont get it twisted, Ross is 100% wrong for them lyrics and alot of other lyrics but ijs.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ LV_Don

You wanna do it too?, or do u just feel sorry for Ross?
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In b4 the lock
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface rapped about ? too

"? his mate / if the ? scream / for ? 's sake grab the grey tape"
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plenty of rappers rap about ? and get away with it
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »

Yep, and that line also went with a certain theme.. same with DMX on X Is Coming..
  • LV_Don
    LV_Don Members Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Relax Yo, I'm not complaining about it I'm just wondering why Jay was clean and Ross isn't
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »

Yep, and that line also went with a certain theme.. same with DMX on X Is Coming..

X's line was the coldest, but it described revenge:

"And if you got a daughter older than 15, I'ma ? her/take her/on living room floor/right there in front of you/ then ask you, 'seriously, what you gonna do?'"

But it fits the song, so no one thinks X was just randomly snatching up broads.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Kidnap kids, ? em in the ass and throw them over the bridge " Notorious BIG

Rappers have been rapping about ? in so many songs for so many years.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Context people, mfs just read ? without looking in the context.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right now, we have a new phenomena called "petitions". Bitterness and non money gettin is at an all time high. So people wasted the time they could be gettin money, thinkin of ways to try to stop others money. Of course its arbitrary why they go after say Ross, and not others. Like shock value nonsense lyrics are a new thing.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are just blowing up a forgettable song over this ? . I wonder how Rocko feels about this? Nobody is talking about the song they're talking about a line in the song smh
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sigh. Y'all ? can't be this dense.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    People will always make excuses for their favorites and hold no punches for the ones they hate on. In b4 the "rational/logical" excuses...
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem got away with worse

Stay wide awake
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    These ? had no problem when Jay was being misogynist as ? but they got a problem with Ross. Plain n simple this is undercover hate.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If youre not going to be consistent with it then shut the ? up, instead of picking n choosing. ? had no problems when we were just "? em then replacing them". Hoe ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    All the violence that rappers rap about in there songs why now do they try to take action on a line about ? ?
    So ? >>>> Talking about selling drugs and murdering people now?

I get what you're saying, but your logic is flawed...
    ppl being upset about this doesn't mean no one deplores the other stuff...
    ppl should b up in arms about this... as well as the other ? ...
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "don't you know my ? gutta ? kidnap kids? ? em in the ass and throw em over the bridge?"