Thor: The Dark World

Options

Comments

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    One problem. All of these Marvel movies seem to be afraid to show Thor in his true trillness.
    I mean damn, it's hard to tell he's the Alpha in the series.
    They actually seem to make him better than Captain America, but, able to get a fair one by
    Iron Man, and Hulk. ??????????

I can see Hulk (tho Thor >>> Hulk) but Iron man? smh.

co sign. keeping it real, thor should be able to ? anyone cept hulk

in avengers thor's thunder just powered up ironman's suit.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard the collector looked cheesy as ? . Kinda has me skeptical about GOTG.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard the collector looked cheesy as ? . Kinda has me skeptical about GOTG.

Haha he kind of did. Benico was odd.

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scooby dooish huh
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's so many stories in the Thor universe marvel could explore. I really hope they go the Ragnarok route...and bring in Surtur and Balder and the Light Elves, Dwarves etc....all the nine realms this time. Stay off Earth. Thor is Asgardian. Focus on that for 3 Marvel.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Loki is still working for Thanos. So Sif and Volstagg are told by Odin (aka Loki in disguise) to take the aether to the Collector...it's possible he knows the Collector is working for Thanos as well which is why he told them to take it to him. "One down, five to go."

? 's bout to get so real.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Loki is still working for Thanos. So Sif and Volstagg are told by Odin (aka Loki in disguise) to take the aether to the Collector...it's possible he knows the Collector is working for Thanos as well which is why he told them to take it to him. "One down, five to go."

? 's bout to get so real.

Loki never met Thanos

I know but you don't remember that convo with Loki and the Other in The Avengers. "You question us? You question him? He who put the sceptor in your hands, who gave you infinite knowledge when you were cast out. Defeated.”
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He talking about the aether.

Cosign on Thor though. I'm tired of these ? basically getting ? up throughout the entire movie when they should be running through just about anybody that gets in the way.
    I know they can't do that because there needs to be some conflict but at the same time I feel they haven't shown the true potential of these characters.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »
    There's so many stories in the Thor universe marvel could explore. I really hope they go the Ragnarok route...and bring in Surtur and Balder and the Light Elves, Dwarves etc....all the nine realms this time. Stay off Earth. Thor is Asgardian. Focus on that for 3 Marvel.

So basically, you want Marvel to isolate Thor from the rest of the Marvel Universe and permanently remove a key franchise character from future Avengers movies. Ok.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This could make a great "caping" gif. Waiting in the rain lol

tumblr_mlvf1pKjDY1qcga5ro1_500.gif

@chicity
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayooo spoilers my brothers lol
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2013
    Options
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    He talking about the aether.

Cosign on Thor though. I'm tired of these ? basically getting ? up throughout the entire movie when they should be running through just about anybody that gets in the way.
    I know they can't do that because there needs to be some conflict but at the same time I feel they haven't shown the true potential of these characters.

They have depowered Thor and more specifically Mjolnir pretty badly. He could have deaded that ? with a lightning strike at any point.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just feel like these comic book movies keep short changing us on the bad guy. How the ? is Appocalypse, Thanos, Galactus,etc not in any of these movies. We getting some C-level bad dudes, bring out the world enders.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You have a point but how many times are they gonma milk the Magneto and Lokie storylines.
  • rage
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    You have a point but how many times are they gonma milk the Magneto and Lokie storylines.

Loki can always be present in the movies as an ally or villain or as Loki's character a little from column A) and a little from column B)
    I think the dynamic between Loki and Thor is really complex and can be taken in a variety of directions. In the comics they are either at each others throats or willing to sacrifice their life for the others. When Odin said all that glorious ? about Thor...it was actually Loki that said that. Of course he had to be complimentary of Thor in his role as Odin. His choice of words and how he said it went beyond what he had to say. He also heard what Thor said about him in a completely unfiltered manner. This can be explored further if they really want to do a better job for Thor 3

Loki in the comics is always teaming up with some other random angry ? to ? with Thor cuz he's not powerful enough to do it. So you have a pretty rich Rogues Gallery from which to choose from...personally I'd like to see Surtur in the next one....oh and where in the ? is Balder?
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So basically, you want Marvel to isolate Thor from the rest of the Marvel Universe and permanently remove a key franchise character from future Avengers movies. Ok.

Yea. Epic fail at paraphrasing there. Nowhere in my post did I intimate such a thing. In Thor 3, it would be truer to the character if Marvel finalized the asgardian ? 's storyline with a trip throughout the nine realms.

The basic theme of the Thor trilogy so far has been him understanding what it takes to be king of those nine realms, so what better way to tie it all up than to focus on that vert aspect?
  • rage
    Options

Yea. Epic fail at paraphrasing there. Nowhere in my post did I intimate such a thing. In Thor 3, it would be truer to the character if Marvel finalized the asgardian ? 's storyline with a trip throughout the nine realms.

The basic theme of the Thor trilogy so far has been him understanding what it takes to be king of those nine realms, so what better way to tie it all up than to focus on that vert aspect?

Yeah I agree you can have a Thor movie set on any number of the nine worlds aside from earth and still keep the whole Avengers connection. There is no reason why Thor be a part of both.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    I'll know the main bad guy the ? out so I know I'm too gutter for he marvel universe. Even thanos and galactus would walk eggshells around my gangsta while bumping en vogue and drake.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah right ajax.

The middle eastern kid with the heart ring from cap planet would kick your ass in a one on one.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Yeah I agree you can have a Thor movie set on any number of the nine worlds aside from earth and still keep the whole Avengers connection. There is no reason why Thor be a part of both.

How many of the other Avengers are poised to up and leave Earth randomly?
  • rage
    Options
    rage wrote: »

How many of the other Avengers are poised to up and leave Earth randomly?

None of them. Whats your point?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Yeah right ajax.

The middle eastern kid with the heart ring from cap planet would kick your ass in a one on one.

? , I don't lose fights my ? .