Jason Collins just came out

Options

Comments

• Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More power to him. His personal life hasn't bled into his professional life (that we or at least I know of). I have no issues with ? people. He was never a good player by any means so he proly would retire if he got no offers from teams. He should be a motivational speaker and talk to kids about being ? . Maybe i'll help curb the suicide rate ? people have. Still, I find no reason to ridicule him but that's how people are these days I guess
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what this does for studies on the origin of gayness. He and his brother incubated in the same ? but one is ? and the other apparently isn't.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ain't had to announce this ? during the playoffs. This ain't a Jackie Robinson moment and I think the focus should be back on the games.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    You ain't have to use his Hawks picture tho lol.

Why am I not surprised he had some connection to GAYTL rofl.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? is hilarious..

0cd59e9fa46f521d2b1a61573fbbc931.png
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    this ? is hilarious..

What's even funnier is that picture came from a collection called "Suspicious" LOL
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    welp i guess from now on the IC community will say no collins, instead of no ? ....
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alponso Smith of the Lions has also had something to say

Alphonso Smith ‏@AlphonsoSmith2 4h

Come OUT or NOT- there will be no PATS on the BACK coming from this way- Pats on the back only influence other weak minds to indulge! SMH

Ppl are so sensitive-I have the RIGHT to not give that behavior any applause;I love everyone-don't hate anyone; not praising it! Excuse me!

2013 announcing that you are ? is deemed as GOOD NEWS- & the moment someone disagree they are a villain, prejudice, or may lose their job

what is admirable is the fact that ol buddy was honest?? SO!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.Collins is obligated to do him& do it openly-however,him doing him doesn't warrant a "round of applause" THEE END!

? says that in the last days people would have to stand on his word, no matter how unpopular it is.. No sin is greater than another!

lol at these nfl athletes quoting scripture one week and the next week getting arrested. while i know there are more athletes in the nfl the rates of nfl arrest are allot worse than the nba. but white folk still call nba players thugs but even praise black athletes who get arrested every sunday. but another thread for another day.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    more power to him. no issues with ? . just be real with urself
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh@ all these athletes supporting this ? ?
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always found it funny how one minority(which im apart of) could look down on another minority, but complain when somebody turn they nose up @ you and yours. Let that ? breathe.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    smh@ all these athletes supporting this ? ?

Word, they should call him a ? right? Let him live.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing is he has brought more attention 2 himself 4 @ least the next week..

he will be "Jeremy linned" by start of next season by mainstream media
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wnba dosent have enough space in their closet to keep all those players in.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    I always found it funny how one minority(which im apart of) could look down on another minority, but complain when somebody turn they nose up @ you and yours. Let that ? breathe.

Not homophobic but those are 2 completely different devils
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

quoted for truthfulness.

And I thought john Amechi was the first openly ? NBA player?
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I

The only thing i can't stand about some ? people is when they act all sassy and ? out in public and think cause they ? they can be like that.

I actually think it would be interesting to have a sassy over the top ? dude on your bball team. Can you imagine a ? sassy power forward as the enforcer? Lol. Dudes would be too shook to drive in the paint for all the wrong reasons. lol

not too mention sassy ? dudes are great trolls. You at the free throw line and you got a grown man winking at you and blowing you kisses. You will either miss the freethrow or get ejected from the game because you punched him in the face. Lol.

smh at a ? player trying to bring back the tighty whitey john stockton nut hugger shorts from the 80's.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I

The only thing i can't stand about some ? people is when they act all sassy and ? out in public and think cause they ? they can be like that.

I actually think it would be interesting to have a sassy over the top ? dude on your bball team. Can you imagine a ? sassy power forward as the enforcer? Lol. Dudes would be too shook to drive in the paint for all the wrong reasons. lol

not too mention sassy ? dudes are great trolls. You at the free throw line and you got a grown man winking at you and blowing you kisses. You will either miss the freethrow or get ejected from the game because you punched him in the face. Lol.

smh at a ? player trying to bring back the tighty whitey john stockton nut hugger shorts from the 80's.

Bosh is close enough...
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not homophobic but those are 2 completely different devils

Please explain how...cause they not. If you black, you in the minority, if you ? , you in the minority, if you asain, you a minority, etc. People in the same group/classification should fight for what they believe in, even to a certain extent, support them. They the same things...Like a ? saying he would suck ? for his kids is the same as a chick saying it. Gross...but the same nontheless.

"What you eat dont make me ? ...wheres the love?"
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumor has it, as Collins ex-lover Chris Bosh is in talks to come out the closet next.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    money.cnn.com/2013/04/29/news/companies/jason-collins-endorsement/
    Coming out could boost Jason Collins' endorsements

For years, the assumption in locker rooms and along Madison Avenue has been that an openly ? athlete could kiss his endorsement deals good bye.

But when back-up Washington Wizards center Jason Collins came out on Monday, his endorsement potential probably went up.

Collins came out in a Sports Illustrated interview. His only endorsement deal right now is with Nike (NKE, Fortune 500), which issued a statement supporting his decision.

"We admire Jason's courage and are proud that he is a Nike athlete. Nike believes in a level playing field where an athlete's sexual orientation is not a consideration," said the leading source of athletic endorsement dollars.

Collins was also praised by NBA Commissioner David Stern and Adam Silver, who is set to be the next commissioner, as well as by White House Press Secretary Jay Carney.

Marketing experts say while Collins has never appeared in a Nike ad as part of his endorsement deal, there's now a much greater probability that he'll do so.

"I don't think he's going to be a major spokesman, but he could certainly earn seven figures off of this," said Bob Dorfman, editor of the Sports Marketers Scouting Report and executive creative director of Baker Street Advertising in San Francisco. He said he thinks Nike will now consider using him in some of its spots.

"There's a big demographic that could certainly see him as a role model and an a pioneer," he said.

But Frank Vuono, president 16W Marketing, said he thinks while Collins' endorsements will increase, they'll grow modestly given the fact that he's not a star athlete.

"There may be some companies that decide having the courage to come forward is good for their brand to associate with," he said. "But I don't see anyone beating down a path to his door."

Paul Swangard, managing director of Warsaw Sports Marketing Center at the University of Oregon, said that while advertisers have certainly been reluctant in the past to use openly ? spokespeople, that is starting to change. J.C. Penney (JCP, Fortune 500) and Revlon (REV) both use talk show host Ellen DeGeneres as its spokesperson and many other companies, including Starbuck (SBUX, Fortune 500)s and Targe (TGT, Fortune 500)t have come out in open support of ? marriage.

"The market is more receptive. He might be the right player at the right time to benefit from that," said Swangard.

Collins earned $1.4 million this past season, according to Basketball-Reference.com. He's a free agent without a contract for next year.

Swangard said the endorsement dollars Collins previously got from Nike were probably modest, and he cautioned that he might not be interested in doing any kind of advertising, even if he can. Both Swangard and Baker said he could also see significant income from speaking engagements and appearance fees if he so chooses.
    "It's a great situation for him to be in. It's a question of what he wants to do," he said. "I haven't seen any indication that he did this to improve his marketability, but because he thought it was the right thing to do."

Damn.. This ? who averages like point a game is going have more endorsement deals.. then more deserving ? who are put in work on the court.. smh...

kherry rhodes lost