Jason Collins just came out

Options

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did Jason say he's a Christian? Why is Broussard even talking religion? And notice how he keeps stressing the word "openly." Odd.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Did Jason say he's a Christian? Why is Broussard even talking religion? And notice how he keeps stressing the word "openly." Odd.

because you can/attempt to use that as a buffer because "? " says...and he wears his religion on his sleeve ...
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always read "fire and brimstone" in RZAs voice in my head.

Anyway yeah makes sense, I take it Jason claimed to be religious somewhere in the article if Chris is speaking from that angle.

I wonder who is courageous enough to come out as the first openly straight player in the league... Never had a grand announcement so how could we assume that every player ever wasn't a ? ?

The first player to announce his open straightness will be a hero in my eyes.
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH at Basketball wives having to change their name to Basketball life partners, or significant others. Or some ? like that...
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, y'all ? still care for another dude's sexual orientation???

Black people, I tell you.
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never understood what was respectable or brave about giving other men ? . shame on anyone supporting such actions...
  • ohhhla
    Options
    i never understood what was respectable or brave about giving other men ? . shame on anyone supporting such actions...

He is respected in a country like this.

He's coming out of the closet.

Giving other closet homosexual to do the same.

You do know that being homosexual or Heterosexual is a matter of your DNA, right???

Or is this thread just fill with a whole bunch of creationists and homophobe?
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

You do know that being homosexual or Heterosexual is a matter of your DNA, right???

No, it isn't. It is a decision. Don't degrade homosexuals to the levels of animals by saying they can't do differently than acting upon their instincts.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ohhhla
    Options

No, it isn't. It is a decision. Don't degrade homosexuals to the levels of animals by saying they can't do differently than acting upon their instincts.

Whenever you tell me when you did you became straight.

I'll take your comment seriously.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is a decision 4 some... Why u think in college girls call it "a phase"
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today's battle against "homophobia" isn't really a battle against "homophobia," per say.

While homophobia still exists... today's battle is more so a battle against people who don't agree w/ that lifestyle; which makes no sense to me. We're not talking race or background. We're talking sexual preference and lifestyle.

Someone saying they don't agree w/ homosexuality but don't mind if someone else chooses to live their life that way isn't too far off from black woman blasting black men who marry white women.

Chick on twitter yesterday said, "I'm tired of guys thinking all ? men around them want them. Sir, females don't even want you. Relax," too which I replied... "to be fair, for most people who disagree with homosexuality it isn't a case of thinking ? want them."

She brought up the whole changing with ? in locker rooms ? and I said since we're talking equality there are a bunch of women who don't feel comfortable changing in front of men who aren't thinking about their ? either. Tis the way of the world.

That's why the whole, "you must be insecure about your sexuality if you dislike homosexuality," argument is ludicrous to me. There's hypocrisy on all fronts.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Next Up: Chris Bosh
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope one day ? can just live their life and shut up about their sexuality, ? can be such attention ? sometimes.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im homophobic....I don't like it. Tim Hardaway a real ? .
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always found it funny how one minority(which im apart of) could look down on another minority, but complain when somebody turn they nose up @ you and yours. Let that ? breathe.

With all due respect you sound incompetent and completely uneducated. You know who always makes this ? argument? Crackers...lets be clear g...

Police dont stop and frisk you cause your ? ...its because they profile blacks.

People were not enslaved, tortured, and ? for hundreds of years cause they were ? ...they were black.

Governments did not institute redlining policies to ostracize ? , they did it to ostracize blacks.

You get my point. You need to read some books and know your history before you make such crass arguments. I made a this white ? cry one time when she said the same dumb ? you did....I wont lie. I laughed and enjoyed that ? .

But carry on my friend..

Just because one minority does not face persecution to the same extent of another minority doesn't mean that minority doesn't face persecution at all.

You still have a situation where you have one oppressed minority oppressing another.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was a huge closet he was in
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I could care less what other ? do in they own time in they private life. ? who paranoid about being in a shower with a ? ? (outside prision) might be ? themselves. And hey if ? too scared to guard him then if your a GM you might wanna sign that ? lol.

The only thing i can't stand about some ? people is when they act all sassy and ? out in public and think cause they ? they can be like that.

So you cool with taking showers w/ ? dudes huh?

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Today's battle against "homophobia" isn't really a battle against "homophobia," per say.

While homophobia still exists... today's battle is more so a battle against people who don't agree w/ that lifestyle; which makes no sense to me. We're not talking race or background. We're talking sexual preference and lifestyle.

Someone saying they don't agree w/ homosexuality but don't mind if someone else chooses to live their life that way isn't too far off from black woman blasting black men who marry white women.

Chick on twitter yesterday said, "I'm tired of guys thinking all ? men around them want them. Sir, females don't even want you. Relax," too which I replied... "to be fair, for most people who disagree with homosexuality it isn't a case of thinking ? want them."

She brought up the whole changing with ? in locker rooms ? and I said since we're talking equality there are a bunch of women who don't feel comfortable changing in front of men who aren't thinking about their ? either. Tis the way of the world.

That's why the whole, "you must be insecure about your sexuality if you dislike homosexuality," argument is ludicrous to me. There's hypocrisy on all fronts.

I agree with this, but there's still alot of people who feel ? are less than human, shouldn't be allowed to live let alone have the rights everyone else has. Also though it may be ludicrous to you, there's alot of people in the closet and come out against homosexuality in an effort to try and suppress their own urges they feel. They don't actually disagree with it, they're just trying to get themselves to not feel the way they feel anymore. I mean if you see alot of reactions from dudes whenever another man says he's ? or when the topic is brought up alot of dudes do think every single ? man is going to run up on them and "turn them ? "...? sounds stupid but I can find you quotes on the IC of people saying that exact same ? .
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Alponso Smith of the Lions has also had something to say

Alphonso Smith ‏@AlphonsoSmith2 4h

Come OUT or NOT- there will be no PATS on the BACK coming from this way- Pats on the back only influence other weak minds to indulge! SMH

Ppl are so sensitive-I have the RIGHT to not give that behavior any applause;I love everyone-don't hate anyone; not praising it! Excuse me!

2013 announcing that you are ? is deemed as GOOD NEWS- & the moment someone disagree they are a villain, prejudice, or may lose their job

what is admirable is the fact that ol buddy was honest?? SO!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.Collins is obligated to do him& do it openly-however,him doing him doesn't warrant a "round of applause" THEE END!

? says that in the last days people would have to stand on his word, no matter how unpopular it is.. No sin is greater than another!

lol at these nfl athletes quoting scripture one week and the next week getting arrested. while i know there are more athletes in the nfl the rates of nfl arrest are allot worse than the nba. but white folk still call nba players thugs but even praise black athletes who get arrested every sunday. but another thread for another day.

the ? ? Alphonso Smith aint been arrested . wtf this got to do with your racist views?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like ? .

No ? given about ? people.

There's a difference, but most of the time they're one in the same.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Another ? , black man.
    SMH

Its sickening how people are applauding being ? these days.

Whats the next abominable act to become acceptable....? ?

• ohhhla
    Options
    I don't like ? .

No ? given about ? people.

There's a difference, but most of the time they're one in the same.

Don't get mad when the Klansman say the same thing about black folks.

I'm assuming your black.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Its only been one day and this ? is annoying af "collins a american hero" john amaechi prolly mad somewhere...

How the ? does this dude have a deal with nike?

And another thing this year dude is a free agent?...so if he gets signed its bcuz they feel sorry for him bcuz hes ? hes the 12th man nh if he doesnt get a deal(most likely hes trash for 12 years) than people gona say the nba doesnt support ?