Jason Collins just came out

Options

Comments

• twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he aint on a team so i wouldnt call this being an active player coming out....he aint getting signed now
    I was thinking the same thing. He may not play again, its not the fact that he's ? . He wasn't any good, but the ? rights advocates will be up in arms when/if he's looking to get signed and isn't by next season.
  • the beat
    the beat Members Posts: 84
    Options
    With all due respect you sound incompetent and completely uneducated. You know who always makes this ? argument? Crackers...lets be clear g...

Police dont stop and frisk you cause your ? ...its because they profile blacks.

People were not enslaved, tortured, and ? for hundreds of years cause they were ? ...they were black.

Governments did not institute redlining policies to ostracize ? , they did it to ostracize blacks.

You get my point. You need to read some books and know your history before you make such crass arguments. I made a this white ? cry one time when she said the same dumb ? you did....I wont lie. I laughed and enjoyed that ? .

What I dont get tho is how one minority that knows damn well how hard it is to be discriminated against can dicriminate against their own, for things they themselves dont` fully understand. Imagine being ? and black, your own community turns their back on you and your own family wont` accept you, so you have nowhere to turn.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    basically ? people want us to stop making jokes and calling them names

Never gonna happen

If thats being oppressed, they might as well get use to it

? get called ? everyday b
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    I don't like ? .

No ? given about ? people.

There's a difference, but most of the time they're one in the same.

Don't get mad when the Klansman say the same thing about black folks.

I'm assuming your black.

If it's not said in my face, I don't give a ? .

We're all either racists, homophobes, sexists, or something in our own homes or circles.

? just ain't the same, so stop reaching.

I've never had to "come out" with my blackness.

Every room I walk into, my race is the first thing people know about me.

Lemme know when ? have their own holocaust, or Apartheid, or centuries of slavery.

If I could go back and trade the slave trade in exchange for just a bunch of name calling over the years and a couple of fights and arguments, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The real story is what NBA players he been fudgepacking, LMAOOO at first take's opening debate being "since they are ? bandits off the court, is it affecting his clutch gene?"
  • ChicagoBears
    ChicagoBears Members Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the beat wrote: »
    With all due respect you sound incompetent and completely uneducated. You know who always makes this ? argument? Crackers...lets be clear g...

People were not enslaved, tortured, and ? for hundreds of years cause they were ? ...they were black.

Governments did not institute redlining policies to ostracize ? , they did it to ostracize blacks.

You get my point. You need to read some books and know your history before you make such crass arguments. I made a this white ? cry one time when she said the same dumb ? you did....I wont lie. I laughed and enjoyed that ? .

What I dont get tho is how one minority that knows damn well how hard it is to be discriminated against can dicriminate against their own, for things they themselves dont` fully understand. Imagine being ? and black, your own community turns their back on you and your own family wont` accept you, so you have nowhere to turn.

Haha you house ? are really programmed huh? So answer this when in the past did ? support black civil rights? I"ll wait....The fashion industry is a billion dollar enterprise run by ? right? Who has the opportunities? Not black models? Why arent ? coming to their aid? No other group has been vocal about the continued racism that goes on today so why is it that we have to come to their aid? For ? blacks...ehhh it sucks cause they just have it double bad. I see where that argument makes sense.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    The real story is what NBA players he been fudgepacking, LMAOOO at first take's opening debate being "since they are ? bandits off the court, is it affecting his clutch gene?"

Apparently writers know of them...like Woj.

"In the NBA and outside, I've known of other ? athletes and the way the silence tears them up, the way the culture and industry has long forced them to be someone else. It's torture, and reading Collins' moving, eloquent essay in Sports Illustrated on Monday morning suggests this revelation will give him peace."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--jason-collins-showed-his-toughness-long-before-announcing-he-s-? -193816091.html
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Haha you house ? are really programmed huh? So answer this when in the past did ? support black civil rights? I"ll wait....The fashion industry is a billion dollar enterprise run by ? right? Who has the opportunities? Not black models? Why arent ? coming to their aid? No other group has been vocal about the continued racism that goes on today so why is it that we have to come to their aid? For ? blacks...ehhh it sucks cause they just have it double bad. I see where that argument makes sense.

You invalidate your whole post by this childish ? ..
  • P swayze166
    Options

Apparently writers know of them...like Woj.

"In the NBA and outside, I've known of other ? athletes and the way the silence tears them up, the way the culture and industry has long forced them to be someone else. It's torture, and reading Collins' moving, eloquent essay in Sports Illustrated on Monday morning suggests this revelation will give him peace."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--jason-collins-showed-his-toughness-long-before-announcing-he-s-? -193816091.html

Westbrook outfits make him number one candidate...seems like one of those aggressive ? that learned fashion at some art school and makes normal subtle ? dudes uncomfortable and straight dudes who could give a ? stare with the camron disgust face.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess this means a nba team have to signed him
  • ChicagoBears
    Options

Cause you know I"m right. Foh dude, you are programmed. NO black person with any sense of self-worth should co-sign. Address my entire comment, dont cop out....its cause you know I"m right. As I mentioned if you are ? AND black...then yeah thats unfortunately a deadly combo.
  • the beat
    the beat Members Posts: 84
    Options
    [/quote]ChicagoBears Posts: 454
    7:40PM

» show previous quotes

Haha you house ? are really programmed huh? So answer this when in the past did ? support black civil rights? I"ll wait....The fashion industry is a billion dollar enterprise run by ? right? Who has the opportunities? Not black models? Why arent ? coming to their aid? No other group has been vocal about the continued racism that goes on today so why is it that we have to come to their aid? For ? blacks...ehhh it sucks cause they just have it double bad. I see where that argument makes sense. [/quote]

You missed my entire point. Read it again
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well if he was white no one would care that he was down low and lied to his wife(Joe Simpson) but a black man doing that.........yeah he ? up
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cause you know I"m right. Foh dude, you are programmed. NO black person with any sense of self-worth should co-sign. Address my entire comment, dont cop out....its cause you know I"m right. As I mentioned if you are ? AND black...then yeah thats unfortunately a deadly combo.

:))
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I don't understand why the media and other people hyping this ? up. Like who gives a ? dude is ? . ? is not remotely close to Jackie Robinson.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whoa hold up this collins ? is married?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

No.. He just lead on some gullible chick on for 8 yrs.. while he "tried" figure out he was...
  • P swayze166
    Options
    I don't understand why the media and other people hyping this ? up. Like who gives a ? dude is ? . ? is not remotely close to Jackie Robinson.

Ya that Jackie Robinson ? is going too far, pink mafia run the media
  • ChicagoBears
    Options

Thank you, been trying to say that..but its "How can you as a minority not come to their defense." Smh
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

No.. He just lead on some gullible chick on for 8 yrs.. while he "tried" figure out he was...

yea the media just quietly letting that slide off...
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fiancee for 8 years or dated 8 years and went as far as engagement?

The article implies the former so that's ol girl's fault for getting stringed along for that long lol
  • P swayze166
    Options

Thank you, been trying to say that..but its "How can you as a minority not come to their defense." Smh

Jackie Robinson didn't chose to be black...Collins chose to suck ? ...no comparison.

They just lumping them together cuz dude coming out turned out to be black....if he was white would he be Abraham Lincoln or some ? ? No...cuz it's a massive reach.

? got the whole game ? up.

And don't nobody come out saying they straight, so y a big deal if they ? guys? ? can you rebound? Ok then ? and play ball....private lives should remain that...PRIVATE. Keep that ? to ya self...I don't care where ya ? at whether it be in a ? , in ya hand, in a blow up doll etc, unless I'm interested in ya ? , and a ? not interested in the slightest....so keep that ? to yourself IMO.....? marriage is a legit civil rights issue..being ? in a locker room is in no way shape or form something anyone should or does give a ? about.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Whether Collins or anyone else chooses to be ? remains to be seen, I personally think it's a biological thing. What he did choose is to hide it by being with women and being engaged to that woman.