OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hearing Odom and maybe Nick Young if he takes the minimum..

If we can do that then depending when and at what level kobe comes back I think we can get between a 6th to an 8th seed in the west.... Maybe

Then see what happens in the playoffs

A lot is riding on what Pau can do
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Farmar is back, DAMN!!!!!!

I liked Farmar and his ways.. hes a go getter.. there would be times he would ignore kobe and go get it.. i respected that in him.. and hes athletic.. and a few more years wiser as far as NBA.. and well hes cheap
  • playmaker88
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Need a back up PG unless they let Morris play, need a few shooters too. Need someone to backup Pau and if Hill is there he can play PF but need someone to back him up too.

no1.jpg
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordie Farmar.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nick Young would be nice but I can't see Swagy P being cool with the vet minimum
  • killap
    Options
    I hear Lamar Kardashian and Josh Powell might be coming back lol...this is starting to feel like a movie
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Quote:
    Kobe on his rehab: "I'm progressing faster than everybody expected so I'm very happy with it." He is targeting mid August for full activity

Crazy, but wouldnt want him to have any setbacks.. but he knows best..

Would be nice to get LO back hed embrace the important role he'll have here
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need a back up PG unless they let Morris play, need a few shooters too. Need someone to backup Pau and if Hill is there he can play PF but need someone to back him up too.

no1.jpg

Lol he ain't THAT bad. Gotta give guys confidence if you don't get clock how can you contribute?
    He can be a decent back up imo
  • playmaker88
    Options

no1.jpg

Lol he ain't THAT bad. Gotta give guys confidence if you don't get clock how can you contribute?
    He can be a decent back up imo

he dribbles aimlessly Glock >
  • eastbay510
    Options
    Didn't Morris, Goudlock and Ebanks all get cut though or are they still on the D-League team?

• buttuh_b
    Options
    When we drafted Ebanks I thought he had the potential to be a 12 ppg 7 rpg guy by now.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bring back walton
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nick Young is a Laker....
    Pardon my enthusiasm but I think this team can compete with any1 if we can get some health and cohesion... i been hoping for a decent wing for the vets and we got 1... And some1 who will more than gladly take a couple shots away from Kobe.. Good sign Mitch, No tanking here!
  • eastbay510
    Options
    Nick Young is a nice pick up now we need to grab odom

Then we just sit and see what this team is able to do next year, team chemistry should be a lot better with Dwight gone
  • killap
    Options
    Swagy P? I mean he cant play defense for ? but at least he can score maybe he starts at the 3?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant: No snags expected
    Kobe Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Wednesday that he fully intends to retire as a Laker someday and doesn't believe there will be any problem securing an extension for as long as he can play at an elite level.

There have yet to be any discussions between Bryant's camp and the Lakers about an extension, he said, so neither side has any idea yet what type of salary he will command. Bryant is currently the highest-paid player in the league at $30.5 million this season.

"As a businessman the goal is always to not take a pay cut," Bryant said. "But ..."

The Lakers had intended to approach Bryant about an extension this summer, league sources said, but those plans were tabled until Bryant got further into his rehabilitation from Achilles tendon surgery in April.

Bryant said he didn't intend to approach the Lakers about an extension until "the dust settled" on their other business this summer.

Earlier Tuesday, Bryant was asked by Lakers Nation, a fan website, if he would take a huge pay cut, possibly to a one-year minimum salary at $1.45 million, to stay with the Lakers. Bryant later told ESPN that since negotiations have yet to begin, it was pointless to bring up a number that he'd be willing to play for.

A two or three year contract in the $20 mil range seems appropriate if the Lakers offer an extension.

• playmaker88
    Options
    Great signing he can learn alot.. and help alot.. good work mitch
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't tank, we win 'chips
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Kobe will probably get around a $50 million contract (which he deserves) but hopefully he's willing to take as little as possible.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    50M assuming 3 or 4 years.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Da goat...lakers make double his salary off jerseys alone
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are u guys insane Co Signing the Nick Young signing????? U guys have definitely never watch full games of SwaggyP... Dude is by far one of the most annoying players in the NBA. He does nothing but jack up BAD BAD shots.

He does not rebound, He has NEVER come close to averaging 3 rebounds in any season in the NBA (HE IS 6'7).

He does not assist, He has NEVER come close to averaging 2 assists in any season in the NBA. (EVEN JR SMITH THINKS THAT'S ? )

Dont get me started on steals and Blocks, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, he does not turn the ball over much..... BCOS HE IS JACKING UP DUMB SHOT AFTER DUMB SHOT.

No one should give me the "but he has POTENTIAL" ? . He is going into his 8TH season in the NBA, he is 28 YEARS OLD..... He has gotten burn in the NBA. He has had multiple seasons where he averaged OVER 30 minutes a game....

I have made my peace that we might not do much this upcoming season, but please dont make me watch SwaggyP night after night and be forced to root for him. ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he makes his freethrows though, yay!?!?!?!? smh
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After last season ain't no way in hell Kobe deserves a pay cut.
    he gave it everything he had night in and night out
    that's heart, will power, determination and his relentless attitude.
    If he takes less money it should because it's what he wants.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After last season ain't no way in hell Kobe deserves a pay cut.
    he gave it everything he had night in and night out
    that's heart, will power, determination and his relentless attitude.
    If he takes less money it should because it's what he wants.

I hear all that but there's no way the Lakers should be paying him $30.5 mil a season after this season.
This discussion has been closed.