OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    Metta gonna end up getting amnestied.

This season is gonna be a purge of the fanbase, all the fake fans will scurry away.

It will be reminiscent of the 04/05 season.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real Lakers fans stand by their team despite the bad times, fake fans exit stage left.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still expect us to make the playoffs and contend if we're healthy honestly. Jordan Hill back, Morris and Goudelock got some good minutes and experience in the playoffs. You still got a Kobe-Pau-Nash nucleus. With Pau at 5, we could run Pringles' system better albeit we still aren't athletic. Only piece we should really consider moving for now is probably Metta. Other than that I say wait it out till 2014.

This might have been the best thing for us. $120 million is a hell of a commitment to a 9 year veteran center with no offensive skillset.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe 06 mode in full affect. Not awhole lot of scoring options in a run n gun offense. Him and Pau numbers going to explode.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    We still got Meeks. We need more shooters.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Market is drying up fast, we might have to settle for Byron Mullens....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    glad thats over

when i saw the 50/50 ticker Kanye shrug was activated i was always in the mind that great if he stays oh well if he walks
    pressure/expectations/spotlight aint for everyone .. he'll see how grass that green is in Orlando West.. Harden is an emerging player, they have a nice lil squad but Howard is still Howard ...and they dont have what we have

anyhow i hope Jamison returns because it was speculated a good while ago that he wasnt gonna re up

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Need to go after Morrow
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, I'm happy we got our lakers back, it's like this dude tried to sabotage our winning culture on some T.O. me-me bullshyt... We have Kobe-Pau-Nash, idgaf about the ages these are 3 of the smartest players in nba history Howard is too dumb to learn from great players and if u think he's going to Houston to finally learn how to do a backdown post move GOOD LUCK with that his offensive game is horrible be saying this since Orlando... We amnesty Metta or even trade since he's expiring and bring back a solid 3, I think losing earl Clark hurt more than losing Dwight we need that athletic wing type to defend the durant's and melo's of the league... If we can grab a pg for cheap like brooks, beaubois, or collison for cheap and who knows come up on a Dorrell Wright or in my perfect dreams a Danny granger we will be greatly improved
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There were maybe 5 games this year where I was really impressed with Dwight. Saying that in a league that that offers very few options at the center position I understand the Lakers position. I'm not against tanking the season in favor of pursuing wiggins, randel, or Parker in the up coming draft and building for the next 10 years. Dwight is not going to get any better than he is right now so placing your future in him and taking yourself out of position to acquire a young superstar is not the best move in my unprofessional opinion.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Lakers don't tank seasons.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There have been times in the Lakers History where they have been a bottom feeder. We'll see.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tankin with the worse record dont make you automatically get wiggins. those pinballs still have to bouce your way
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers about to sign Odom & khloe
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Yall out your minds if you think Kobe would ever let us tank. It's a fresh season and we will be making the playoffs. Have some dignity.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It wouldn't be wise for the lakers to make the playoffs a 7-8 seed is the best they'll get.This will be the 05-07 days all over again this time with a 35 year old kobe

Getting swept or losing in 5 isn't worth it.
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know what flexibility the Lakers have to make any significant moves this offseason because we're so far above the cap. We just have to hope any decent players will wanna come and play in LA for a year and see where we end up.

I expect Kobe will be ready to start the season if not soon after that but if he doesn't come back until sometime like December or later he may as well sit out the whole year or take his sweet time so maybe we can get a good player in the draft even though I don't think we'll be that bad to be thinking about getting Wiggins though.
  • eastbay510
    Options
    On the bright side the Spurs showed last year that age doesn't necessarily matter, it's about playing together and everybody playing their roles, defense and good coaching

With D'antoni's ? ass we don't have the last two but maybe the Lakers can come together after that ? Dwight left and surprise some people in the west next year provided we stay relatively healthy. We have as many star players as the spurs did. *shrugs*
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Word I like that we're under the radar right now. People expect us to be terrible not realizing part of the problem was Pau and Dwight not being able to play together in Pringles system. Honestly I know Pau and Kobe got a good amount left in the tank but we gotta see about Nash.

I believe if our core was healthy and we kept the triangle and Phil and everyone played to their potential we would have won another ring and at least still be in the hunt.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Options
    Need a back up PG unless they let Morris play, need a few shooters too. Need someone to backup Pau and if Hill is there he can play PF but need someone to back him up too.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers will be fine, would love to see Lamar come back and revitalize his career

Look for lakers to be in hunt per usual..only thing beating them is injuries per usual.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Options
    Should've did Dwight for Blake and Bledsoe honestly.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »

Dwight wanted no parts of LA he can't handle it, not a winner.

Skip Bayless said it best, he wants to be a big fish in a little pond.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »

Real talk.Or traded him before the deadline once they saw this disastrous season was goin no where

Lakers were feelin themselves too much thinkin money wouldn't walk.Blake and bledsoe>>>>>Nothin.Dwight wanted to play in L.A. just not for the lakers he wanted to play wit the best point gawd across the hall
  • eastbay510
    Options
    Smh CP3 should be a Laker too

Lakers orginization definitely isn't without fault in how they handled Dwight though.

I hope Jeanie takes over basketball operations in the future. Jim Buss made 2 or 3 critical mistakes that have set us back since he took over.

Lakers never should have dropped out of championship contention after Phil left.
This discussion has been closed.