OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    SMH @ the Lakers resigning Artest for $8 Million. This whole ? is a joke. If I'm Dwight, Lakers just went way the list, if I'm Kobe I'm opting out next year.

Management really has no idea what they're doing.

Player option. Artest chose not to op-out of the contract.

I laughed when I read that yesterday. Not surprised either.

Yeah, but couldn't they just tell him they don't want him anymore and let him go?

The player option forces the team to eat another year.

They would have to trade him.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't we still have that amnesty?
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwight hates dantoni system yet would rather go to rockets who just shoot 3s all day....last time I saw Dwight got plenty post touches and didn't do ? unless pau fed him an easy basket.

Dude is lost...pau dropping trip dubs while lakers getting swept under Dwight's leadership...any great player gives his team at least 1 win solely based off his play in a playoff series.....smh
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take that damn sign down and get rid of this clown.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ryan Kelley, Taller, Stronger Steve Novak from what i see from the Youtube clip. I hate Duke players though. Doubt he will make the roster, but a long range shooter has a chance in Antoni's system...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00K4T2XnF-8
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Call me crazy but I'd rather a healthy Pau at the 5 over Dwight... Dwight is a ball stopper and has no offensive post moves, if we can implement a ? defensive strategy to help one another Pau could be our ideal Center esp if he comes back colse to 100% from the knees... Pau can pass, post, shoot, rebound decent enough but needs that space that Dwight sucks up (no ? , shouts to roy h.) Dwight also is a cancer, reminiscent of my fav player T.O. but in a worse fashion... Dwight curls up when the going gets tough, thats not laker DNA and thats not what we need after Kobe goes... Start Pau at 5 and find a way to get an Andre Iguodala or Danny Granger to go with Kobe, Nash. and Pau.... Let that buster Dwight walk I cant wait to kick his ass wherever he goes

Told y'all I'm letting him walk weeks ago, he doesn't have the ? . The DNA. The it.

When I heard lac even considered giving us Blake-Bledsoe for Dwight I said do that yesterday... We would be a lot better with Blake and a young PG in Bledsoe while sliding Pau to 5 and maybe bringing Nash off the bench or having him at a 25-30 min cap... We can hold up with that core especially if Kobe even comes back at 75 percent next year, that's enough to compete, resign Earl Clark and sadly amnesty MWP

Nash/Bledsoe
    Kobe/Meeks
    Earl Clark/ FA pickup
    Blake Griffin/Ryan Kelly
    Pau Gasol/ J. Hill

That's a ? core to go to war with and you still not affecting much for 2014 considering Blake 's deal fills for what Dwight would have cost going forward and may even be slightly more affordable since it will be less than Dwight's.. Truthfully, ? Dwight Howard he will never where a ring mark that down
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? gonna win 37 games this year. #Maybe

Close this thread
  • northside7
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    ? gonna win 37 games this year. #Maybe

Close this thread

Get the ? outta here.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers shoulda signed and traded with the clipset or something on some gangsta ? and picked up Blake Griffin. Dwight is a ? loser who may never be the same because of his back ploblems. We shoulda got something substantial for him while we could.
  • toheeb27
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to be kinda mad if D12 doesn't come out and we decide to go out and get an overpaid player just to say we got a "name" in an attempt to please the fan base.

I really hope D12 leaves and the Lakers just play this season out tbh with you. After the season our cap space is going to be huge and there are a lot of great free agents available then too. Just hope the front office is patient if it comes to this.

We'll have the cap space in a year for a couple max contract-level players
  • northside7
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm going to be kinda mad if D12 doesn't come out and we decide to go out and get an overpaid player just to say we got a "name" in an attempt to please the fan base.

I really hope D12 leaves and the Lakers just play this season out tbh with you. After the season our cap space is going to be huge and there are a lot of great free agents available then too. Just hope the front office is patient if it comes to this.

C/S.

Been thinking this since the beginning of the year.

• P swayze166
    Options
    If Dwight doesn't come back I'd love to see Lamar return for vet minimum. Nash pau Lamar and Kobe would be solid...we just need a reliable backup center if pau is on bench...Meeks option was picked up.....I'd love to see Morris back. Lakers if healthy will be a force with or without Dwight.
  • P swayze166
    Options
    If Dwight doesn't come back I'd love to see Lamar return for vet minimum. Nash pau Lamar and Kobe would be solid...we just need a reliable backup center if pau is on bench...Meeks option was picked up.....I'd love to see Morris back. Lakers if healthy will be a force with or without Dwight.

That's not true...we all know this. If D12 doesn't comeback the Lakers are still a playoff team (if healthy) but they are definitely not true contenders...let's be realistic.

Only team that would beat them more than not would be okc.

In a playoff series I'd take them over any team not named heat or okc.

Expect a great season from Nash.
  • northside7
    Options

That's not true...we all know this. If D12 doesn't comeback the Lakers are still a playoff team (if healthy) but they are definitely not true contenders...let's be realistic.

Only team that would beat them more than not would be okc.

In a playoff series I'd take them over any team not named heat or okc.

Expect a great season from Nash.

lol C'mon man..
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    @SmushParker and @KwameBrown...........................................
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    We waived our coveted playoff point guard Chris Duhon.
  • toheeb27
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    We waived our coveted playoff point guard Chris Duhon.

282542521878.gif
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn no more 3 pointers 2 feet behind the line.... You will be missed
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Kobe playing at least 3 more years??? THANK ? .
  • P swayze166
    Options
    Lebron should team up with Kobe before Kobe hangs it up, as a pure basketball fan that ? would be goat to watch, like mj and pippen on steroids.

Their games would compliment each other well. Add in Dwight and you have one hell of a defensive clinic every night. Kobe won't be that lazy roamer anymore lol
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwights staying. His back probably won't get back to 100% and the only team thats almost guaranteed to make power moves every 3 to 5 years is the Lakers.

If not he a ? . Lol
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It just doesn't make sense for Dwight to play anywhere but Lakers.. I'd be pretty shocked if he doesn't come back
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What lakerheads...I'm present...Santa Ana stand up. We will keep Dwight and get j smooth...and get someone nice in 2014 freeagency. We good
This discussion has been closed.