OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ed Davis is a great value pick... Lets just be patient it can't get any worse than last yr
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard what they're going to do w/ Marshall's option?

He is playing with our Summer League team, so its most likely he sticks around.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u can do better than that.... you claimed that his contract should be less $$ in order to have the chance to sign Ed Davis....................

and the lakers still signed Ed Davis!!

im lost as to what you are proving here.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young and cheap and has the ability to block shots at that price no complaints.

Next season should be a lot better as long as Kobe is healthy and we have Byron I'm assuming who will demand we give effort on D.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    would you rather them go for Lin and ard Davis from jump?

cuz I'm
    sure u would be here saying .I can't believe the lakers didn't go after Bron, Stephenson , and Gasol.
    remember with hindsight , everyone is a genius !!
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Parallel is a hopper don't feed into his ? ... We got the dude for a million bucks, according to him we should have made Kobe take 17.5 so we could pay him 6 mil instead..... JUST ? and let Mitch cook... That ? Parallel is negative towards any move we make, u need to logout for a week and come back with a better mind and outlook, stop being a bytch about everything
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Oh word? Now y'all ? with Ed Davis huh?

2unzqxs.jpg

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/comment/6862472/#Comment_6862472

For as much ? as y'all talk about me and the things I say it's fairly evident I'm smarter than y'all no diss.

How are you smarter when Kobe still making 23 mill and we still signed Davis?? Lmao
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That "smarter" comment is a little too deep for me. We're just talking about the Lakers here.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I called REAL laker fans to show up and show pride and Im happy to see some answered the call. The rest of y'all in some weird paradox of self hate, same reason pau left you hate the ones that make you like kobe and cheer Tyron lues and ? . Michael cooper rolling over in his grave.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we got ? now
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    ? , Hill, Davis, Randle....

It's about time to get a coach hired to see what will be done w/ this roster. Lot of PGs and PFs.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , Hill, Davis, Randle....

It's about time to get a coach hired to see what will be done w/ this roster. Lot of PGs and PFs.

If coached correctly the lakers could be formidable. They need to win games based on their defense, kobe will provide the scoring in tight games but they need to rely on defense.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Oh word? Now y'all ? with Ed Davis huh?

2unzqxs.jpg

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/comment/6862472/#Comment_6862472

For as much ? as y'all talk about me and the things I say it's fairly evident I'm smarter than y'all no diss.

How are you smarter when Kobe still making 23 mill and we still signed Davis?? Lmao

How is it still so easy to get y'all in y'alls feelings after an entire season?

What makes you think I'm in my feelings? I'm laughing at you.

And SMH at this ? signing.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    were putting together a decent team, I'd like to see who are last few signings are but as of today I think we could battle for the 8th seed
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Just because Melo didn't come to LA didn't make me wrong... I wanted the Lakers to pursue those players and they did how can I be mad now, I like the players that we retained and I like who we have drafted and now with the additions of Ed Davis and ? I really like our front court better than last year... We made cheap moves count this offseason and can be a sleeper I believe... That's my opinion, you can be stuck off last year I'm moving forward... Mitch is cooking, just hire b. Scott already sheesh
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think anybody in here content with this squad...consensus is 8th seed at best. You can't make players come no matter how much cap space you have.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    Parallel, we get it. The Lakers are the dregs of professional basketball and should be disbanded immediately.

What's the difference between what you do and what the blindly optimistic fans do? Two sides of the same coin.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    Parallel, we get it. The Lakers are the dregs of professional basketball and should be disbanded immediately.

What's the difference between what you do and what the blindly optimistic fans do? Two sides of the same coin.

The difference in here is that nobody is really asking questions. Nobody will doubt the history of the organization but present day why is it that we didn't attract anyone at all that would be worth keeping around in the future?

We need to face facts that history doesn't mean as much anymore in today's world and what the Lakers have shown over the last couple of years isn't exactly attractive from an unbiased point of view.

Also it's quite evident that big name players don't really want to play with Kobe for whatever reasons.

Don't you feel that you've already made it abundantly clear that this is your position? Does it need to be reiterated every single page or anytime anyone shows even a hint of agreement w/ a move the Lakers have made?

And who, realistically, is going to answer these seemingly rhetorical questions you'd rather the thread be full of? Nobody here actually works for the Lakers. It's all opinion and conjecture. You're obviously a half-empty kind of guy while others are half-full people. I prefer the "it is what it is and we'll see what it will be" approach.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have fun with Carlos ?

cluelesslaugh.gif
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gasol has more skill and is taller but him and ? damn near the same baller
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Pau 30 double doubles in 60 games(including a 20 point 19 reb 5 block game vs the bulls)? 25 double doubles in 76 games

Pau 92 blocks last season.? 22 blocks last season.

Pau can score on taller athletic pf's and C's ? can't at all.One player sucks and never stepped up his game despite having Ample opportunities for 3 years now and one player still was productive on a team he mentally checked out on and wasn't being utilized correctly on.

As far as pau's defense bulls were the #1 scoring defense and #2 defensive rated team in the nba with ? .Pau will be iight

That being said ? should fit in perfectly it's a contract year,a team with low expectations and a team that will be trash defensively.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need back court depth/shooters
This discussion has been closed.