OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ? 's price tag is $3.25 million. Anybody know where that leaves LA as far as cap space?
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »

Also it's quite evident that big name players don't really want to play with Kobe for whatever reasons.

put down the bill simmons articles.
    Dwight has been the only big name player not wanting to be in Kobe shadow. one player
    I must be dreaming....could have swore Melo had the lakers in his final 2-3 decisions until he took the $$$
    Bron was only gonna leave for Cleveland...kobe or lakers had nothing to do with him wanting to go home
    you are a CP3 groupie and its well documented that he was ecstatic when the trade was first announced and he was a Laker for a few hours b4 the veto
    other than that......dont know what "big names have been free agents and openly shunned a chance to visit the lake show or announced that "I dont want to play with Kobe"
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need a 3 and legitimate center.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So @Parallel‌ since you know all pertaining to the lakers, what would you have done?

And don't say hire Phil and it fixes everything he wouldn't of saved Kobe's Achilles and pau's descent. Or sterns veto

6a00d8341c506253ef01538e9132d6970b-640wi

What magical remedy did you have for your organization.

Go ahead I'm all
    1225043.gif
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    No one wanting to play with Kobe would be more of an indictment on them than anything Gasol did Cp3 did, he beats them doesnt join them,

Oh and remember when we had a "stacked" team , lol that definition has come a looooong way

Not having a superfriends roster throughout his career is a testament to the cohesion we had to beat more talented squads on our journeys.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Parallel wrote: »

Also it's quite evident that big name players don't really want to play with Kobe for whatever reasons.

put down the bill simmons articles.
    Dwight has been the only big name player not wanting to be in Kobe shadow. one player
    I must be dreaming....could have swore Melo had the lakers in his final 2-3 decisions until he took the $$$
    Bron was only gonna leave for Cleveland...kobe or lakers had nothing to do with him wanting to go home
    you are a CP3 groupie and its well documented that he was ecstatic when the trade was first announced and he was a Laker for a few hours b4 the veto
    other than that......dont know what "big names have been free agents and openly shunned a chance to visit the lake show or announced that "I dont want to play with Kobe"

For emphasis purposes.... If the Lakers show up this year, I don't see how Parallel can be apart of any celebration of victory, dude is a faker looking for glory similar to an opportunist...

I am not being convinced when I say I like our team makeup this year a lot from the past two years, we have a ceiling of a 5-6 seed if the Mamba is really 100% I say, that's just my opinion tho... Not the big fish you wanted but some good trout and salmon have been got by Mitch... LEt him cook!
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    We just waived Marshall and resigned Henry to a 1 year vet minimum.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    We just waived Marshall and resigned Henry to a 1 year vet minimum.

I can dig that.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    We need a 3 and legitimate center.

I'm not sure we need a Center anymore, the league seems to play small ball a lot and the Center choices aren't really better than what we have (Bynum? Okafor?). I think Davis and Hill can fill that position well enough.

Right now I would focus on getting a defensive SF (if there are any willing), or at least one who can stretch the floor and isn't a liability on defense.

Jordan Hamilton (solid at both defense and shooting from what I've seen).
    Wesley Johnson is aight at 3s and defense.
    Al-Farouq Aminu for energy and defense.
    Michael Beasley has average at best defense, but has energy and scoring.

Our choices seem to be pretty limited to be real.

... I also think a PG or a backup PG is needed, because Nash is finished and the other guy is a rook. I hope we're looking at Jordan Crawford or Mo Williams or one of those guys.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Isn't Henry injury prone? He's a solid slasher, but he can't shoot consistently. Not feeling the pick up.

Glad we waived Marshall though.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Yeah, Xavi stays hurt...that can't be our starter, I wouldn't mind an unknown like Jordan Hamilton tho, I know not much about him tho... Mike Beasley no way he can come to LA, weed is pretty much legal out here, he ain't turning down a whiff of nothin
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Options
    Surprised they let Steve Blake get away again. Blake Lin woulda been a good combo, Nash Blake as well since similar styles. I don't get how they cater to kobe money wise but don't cater to roster moves for him, they are toeing the line and only hurting themselves.

If I'm a free agent, I'm wondering what the ? kinda offense are they even running
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    3 PGs, 2 SGs, 1 SF, 4 PFs, 1C w/ a decision on Kelly yet to be made. Oh and 0 coaches.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Yup... Ur lifetime banned from LA like Sterling
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    It's about time for that 14-15 Lakers thread, isn't it?
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »

Lets get a coach first
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wesley Johnson is back 1 year - 1 mill
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Options
    kacee139 wrote: »

I feel the lakers can be a very good defensive team , thus making them a competitive team with that signing. Always liked that cat, good move after they were talking about letting him go
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i can dig it, thought he was gonna walk
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options

I was hoping he'd be the next signing.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Nice pick up with Wesley, but he's not starter material IMO... but with that contract, it seems like the Lakers are in agreement.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    Re-signed Kelly bringing the roster to 13 players
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I feel the lakers can be a very good defensive team , thus making them a competitive team with that signing. Always liked that cat, good move after they were talking about letting him go

??????????????
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Would much rather
    zerocool wrote: »
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »

Lets get a coach first

Exactly what I'm waiting for before I start a new one
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

??????????????

You have a possible chance to have kobe Wes and randle with Davis and hill. We've all seen kobe lock down 1's, Wes ain't no slouch.

Lin isn't garbage on D either, he played with harden so everybody looked bad on D
This discussion has been closed.