OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    To not have a coach going into August is odd.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Gary Payton mic'd up would be hilarious
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OhPee wrote: »
    If Doc comes to LAL, they did Byron Scott ?

This laker mgmt is terrrible.....I hope doc wouldn't do nothing like that but after what jason kidd did .....anything is possible
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop.it doc aint gonna coach the lakers
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B. Scott finally gets offered the gig... I hope this lasts man, I thought he was gonna get shafted lowkey, Lakers was actin pretty janky.... Welcome home Byron
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BREAKING: The Lakers have offered Byron Scott their head coaching job, sources tell ESPN's @Chris_Broussard
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    BREAKING: The Lakers have offered Byron Scott their head coaching job, sources tell ESPN's @Chris_Broussard

U broke that a min late.... ? Broussard
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

U broke that a min late.... ? Broussard

I actually posted it in the nba thread b4
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Would be hilarious if he said lemme think about it for a minute

Smh ? management
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally. Time to get to work on these players.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    It ain't over til the ink is dry.... I can see a potential hang up over guaranteed years... They been doing the most to B. Scott
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I hope GP gets that assistant coach job.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    Man I hope GP gets that assistant coach job.

Kobe and GP woofin at you? That's a hard days work lolll
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ? is the Small Forward for the time being rumor has it
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers reach 4 year deal with Byron
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scott gets 4 years, $17M from Lakers
    The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to terms on a four-year, $17 million contract with Byron Scott to be their next head coach, sources told ESPN.

The Lakers hold a team option on the final year of the deal.

Scott has been the front-runner for the job throughout most of the nearly three-month coaching search, which began when Mike D'Antoni resigned on April 30. His status as a three-time champion with the team during the Showtime era, his close relationship with Kobe Bryant and his familiarity with the current roster after having worked as an analyst all of last season for the Lakers television station, Time Warner Cable SportsNet, gave him the early edge.

Scott then impressed Lakers management during three interviews, the last of which took place after the team's roster had been filled out and Scott was given a chance to articulate his vision for the current personnel.

The Lakers interviewed a handful of candidates for the job, but after making quick hires in their past two coaching searches, the franchise decided to prioritize the draft and free agency over hiring a coach.

Bryant, who played with Scott in 1996 during his rookie season, offered a key endorsement during his basketball camp in Santa Barbara, California, three weeks ago.

"He was my rookie mentor when I first came into the league," Bryant said. "So I had to do things like get his doughnuts and run errands for him and things like that. We've had a tremendously close relationship throughout the years. So, obviously, I know him extremely well. He knows me extremely well. I've always been a fan of his."
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good now I think we have two roster spots left ? Or 1?
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Nope Nash should play like 25 minutes a game
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nash will get injured some how so if he does start it'll be short lived.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    So we are still going to run with Nash as the starter over Lin?

Don't see why not, Nash = better shooter and playmaker they both trash on D plus Nash needs to start games faster, he can't warm-up then sit on the bench and let his muscles tense up
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    "Xbox, fast forward through 2014-2015 Lakers season."

These hoes ain't loyal.
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint no fast forwarding bruh...ima Laker fan thru the good, bad and ugly.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we got our coach....a healthy kobe will get us 10th seed......west is tough
  • T.Vick04
    Options
    It is what is a far as expectations go...some in here may have unrealistic thoughts on how the season gonna go but part of being a fans is being able to be optimistic and have that feeling that their team can overachieve so to speak.I'm more realistic about what our season probably gonna look like but i'm passed ? about it. I'm probably wrong cause i don't post a lot but it seem like u can't take the ridicule that's comes with losing...and wanna start fresh when we contenders again.
  • T.Vick04
    Options
    Like i said i'm probably wrong...but phrases like fast forward the season say otherwise. I'm with u tho my expectations are low for the season but i don't knock others in here for being "optimistic".
This discussion has been closed.