The Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Finals (The 2013 NBA Champs The Miami Heat)

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    It will cost to flop in NBA. First violation is a warning. Ensuing flops will cost $5,000, $10,000, $15,000 and a whopping $30K for Flop 5.

Should be more and after a 3rd violation should be a suspension, thats pocket change for Lebron and pretty much the whole Heat roster, it aint going to stop them
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

The Dallas Mavericks just started their training camp and they've already made some moves to reduce the roster as Tu Holloway and D.J. Mbenga were waived on Tuesday.

"I would have loved to be here," Mbenga told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "But they have 15 guaranteed contracts. My agent is looking at some other opportunities. I'll stay in shape and there will be some chances in the NBA."

The Mavs now have 16 players under contract and only Josh Akognon has a non-guaranteed contract.

• ATTS
    edited October 2012
    Options

Tracy McGrady, one of the top NBA players of the past decade, is considering playing in China this season, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

McGrady's preference is to sign with an NBA club -- preferably one that can compete for the championship -- and a source said he will wait to see if he is picked up by such a team before committing to play overseas. McGrady could wait up to four weeks before making his decision, the source said.

The Chinese publication, 361 Sport, first reported on Tuesday that McGrady's representatives are in discussions with the club, Qingdao Doublestar, of the Chinese Basketball Association.

However, there is no guarantee that the 33-year-old McGrady will decide to play in China this season, even if he does not sign with an NBA team.

The seven-time All-Star has worked out with the New York Knicks and the San Antonio Spurs and has no desire to retire from basketball.

in high school you was the man ? .......... damn
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Nuggets went Old-School
    Ty_Kenneth_Media_Day_400.jpg

denver-nuggets-new-jerseys-for-2012-2013.jpg

• Jdilla26
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Tim Duncan took a 54% paycut to play for Spurs

“I’m an awful negotiator,” Duncan said, chuckling. “My agent was mad at me the whole time.”
    Duncan was on hand at the Spurs’ practice facility Tuesday for the start of his 16th NBA training camp. That would have been surprising only if the notoriously casual dresser had arrived in something out of Craig Sager’s wardrobe.
    Though technically a free agent for about a week in early July, the 36-year-old Duncan said he never seriously considered retirement and never remotely entertained the idea of playing elsewhere.
    “I’ve been here for so long,” said Duncan, who took no calls from rival teams. “This is home for me.”
    That’s a welcome statement for NBA observers who still cringe at the memory of Hakeem Olajuwon in a Toronto Raptors jersey or Patrick Ewing in Seattle SuperSonics green.
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/10/03/duncan-the-big-discount/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Duncan probably still got millions from his 1st contract

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ the bosh flop. ? hit a raekwon.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    The best starting 5 in centuries.

ahh yeah the 96-97 bulls say you have to win more then 72 games and a championship to even come close.
  • ATTS
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    Tim Duncan took a 54% paycut to play for Spurs

“I’m an awful negotiator,” Duncan said, chuckling. “My agent was mad at me the whole time.”
    Duncan was on hand at the Spurs’ practice facility Tuesday for the start of his 16th NBA training camp. That would have been surprising only if the notoriously casual dresser had arrived in something out of Craig Sager’s wardrobe.
    Though technically a free agent for about a week in early July, the 36-year-old Duncan said he never seriously considered retirement and never remotely entertained the idea of playing elsewhere.
    “I’ve been here for so long,” said Duncan, who took no calls from rival teams. “This is home for me.”
    That’s a welcome statement for NBA observers who still cringe at the memory of Hakeem Olajuwon in a Toronto Raptors jersey or Patrick Ewing in Seattle SuperSonics green.
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/10/03/duncan-the-big-discount/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Duncan probably still got millions from his 1st contract

I know teams pay players on d side....its illegal but they do
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nuggets went Old-School
    Ty_Kenneth_Media_Day_400.jpg

denver-nuggets-new-jerseys-for-2012-2013.jpg

Oh ? these jerseys are GOAT havent bought a Nuggets jersey since Melo definitely gonna copp that Iggy
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop posting those nuggets jerseys im eating breakfast
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Royce White wants to take a Bus on certain trips due to fear of flying :

Before he's willing to start training camp, Houston Rockets rookie Royce White wants the team's permission to travel to some games by private bus, the former Iowa State star told ESPN.com on Wednesday night.

White's fear of flying, he said, magnifies his anxiety disorder. So he's asked the Rockets to let him use a bus for some of the team's extensive road trips. White said he's willing to purchase the bus and assume liability.

Busing to games, he said, is a vital component in the treatment of his anxiety.

White, who missed the team's media day on Monday and the start of training camp in McAllen, Texas, on Tuesday, said he hopes to reach an agreement with the team soon. He said he expects to join his teammates within "a week," if talks with the Rockets continue to progress.

"What it's going to look like is every game that's drivable, I'm going to get a bus for myself," White said. "And I'm going to make that bus feel like home so that there's a level of consistency in a job where inconsistency is very apparent because of the schedule. I'm going to try and level that out and make sure that my stress levels stay low and that my rest is regular and that my meals are regular and that as much as I can, draw consistency from a very inconsistent schedule. ...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8459655/royce-white-absent-houston-rockets-cites-mental-health
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That dude better put a blindfold over his eyes and headphones in his ears. After a couple of flights he will be alright
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    That dude better put a blindfold over his eyes and headphones in his ears. After a couple of flights he will be alright

LMFAO
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh. I understand everyone is different, but Royce White needs to get his ass to camp.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Chris Vernon ‏@ChrisVernonShow

SCOOP: Peyton Manning has agreed in principle to become part-owner of the Memphis Grizzlies.
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Royce White ik he have an condition, but cmon bruh. Get over your fears & play ball
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now we see why Orlando didnt wanna send Dwight to Houston LOL
  • ATTS
    Options
    Chris Vernon ‏@ChrisVernonShow

SCOOP: Peyton Manning has agreed in principle to become part-owner of the Memphis Grizzlies.

Ruich get richer
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why dont royce white get put to sleep before every flight or something and just wake up when he get there? ? bein dramatic for no reason. Stop milkin it ? lol
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Royce White bullshitting
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to give Royce white the B.A Baracus treatment.

90's babies get to google
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    Harrison Barnes, Brandon Rush and Richard Jefferson will battle for minutes at the small forward position for the Golden State Warriors.

Barnes has been impressive so far in camp.

"It's Harrison Barnes' job to lose," said a source who has seen every minute of the Warriors' first practices.

At media day, when asked about the SF competition, Barnes expressed appreciation that he had a coach willing to consider a rookie to start. But when discussing his chances, he simply left it at “we’ll see.”

Uh oh. Sounds like whatever he had brewing is working.

Late last night, after the evening practice, I was talking with a source about the small forward competition. This source, who I trust and has seen every second of practice, said rookie Harrison Barnes has been special the first two practices. He went as far as saying “it’s Harrison Barnes’ job to lose.” Coming from him, it says something. Trust me.

Now, I’ve been considering Barnes a long shot of sorts in favor of easing him along, not putting too much pressure on him. We don’t get much practice, but allowing Barnes to develop methodically is a good plan. But it sounds like Barnes is having the kind of camp so far that makes him a serious contender to start. Admittedly, I was a bit surprised by the strong endorsement. Barnes has been flying under-the-radar lately and coach Mark Jackson has seemed pretty hesitant to tout him too hard. (Maybe that is a hint.) He praises him, but he usually quickly follows by pointing out it’s early or he hasn’t done it in games yet or he has a lot of room to grow.

No doubt, Barnes has the size and athleticism to feel the void at small forward. Golden State doesn’t need offense, which is his strength, but Jackson said Barnes has been working on his defense since the team began working out in earnest after Labor Day. Barnes has been chasing around Klay Thompson to help improve his defensive skills. Apparently it’s helping. If Barnes can hold his own defensively, Brandon Rush and Richard Jefferson had better watch out.

I still like the idea of bringing him along slowly. But nothing wrong with the best player getting the nod, rookie or no.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012/10/04/uh-oh-looks-like-harrison-barnes-isnt-ready/

It looks like Barnes might be starting over Richard Jefferson damn ? it was all good a week ago

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so glad Royce White aint drop 21st to da Celtics i'll take Jared Sullinger aka Smokey da Swag Bear's back problems ova a guy who hasnt came to camp nd is scared to fly
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twitpic.com/b0zjng

Pierce looks to be in da best shape in a LONG ass time dis team is gonna be runnin nd gunnin dis year IMO
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twitpic.com/b0zjng

Pierce looks to be in da best shape in a LONG ass time dis team is gonna be runnin nd gunnin dis year IMO

see you in da finals