The Official 2013-2014 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Franklin a brother tho?

Every time I look at him he looks like a different race. He was puerto rican the last time I saw him.

JAMES-FRANKLIN.JPG

One of those "Gonzo" from the muppets ass nikkas. Nobody knows what he is. A bird? A rodent? A dog?

• tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I'm driving to Indy this weekend and hope I find a ? scalping tickets in front of Lucas oil stadium
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think only conference winners should make it the playoffs

It makes the most sense.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

It makes the most sense.

There are 5 "Major" conferences though. 6 if you wanna count the AAC.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Count them ? in then
  • tha bause
    Options
    And Notre Dames trash ass
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most conference winners have at least 2 losses around this time. So only two or three will have a legit reasoning. The MAC, AAC, Conf USA, Sun Belt, Mountain West, BYU and Notre Dame need to get there resume up before they come with the BS.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm cool with the "playoff" system. It's a good middle ground for having the championship won on the field while not taking away from the "playoff" atmosphere that college football has throughout the season because of the pressure to win out.

As fun as "march madness" is -- it actually takes away from the College bball regular season. I have to force myself to watch a non-OU college bball game. And I hardly ever check the rankings during the season.

You win your conference and you're one of the top 4 conference champs = You got a shot. Simple.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Les Miles learned a expensive lesson today. You dont want a player but that player will get you other players. Just take that player and process him later.

Bama offered Cameron Sims, LSU didnt. Now Bama has Sims(maybe fifth best WR in Louisiana), CRob (best OL in America), and "Hootie" Jones (Best safety prospect in Louisiana). Remember LSU really need the last two positions. If they can get J. Adams out of Texas. Then they may get a better player. But CRob was a big need for LSU.

I guess Les Miles didnt want to be like Dabo Sweeney when R. Nkemdechi got all his boys schollies and then dipped to Ole Miss.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It makes the most sense.

I disagree. Each conference is not built the same. Do it like they used to, based on the polls.

B/c I'm tired of seein teams like Connecticut and Lousville's ? ass squads play meaningful games just because.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be totally honest, people ? on my Buckeyes for playing a wack schedule, but look at Florida State's schedule! They're only #1, because their average margin of victory is over 40ppg, compared to my Buckeyes' 27.9ppg average margin of victory. Our schedule was tougher than theirs!
  • tha bause
    Options
    To be totally honest, people ? on my Buckeyes for playing a wack schedule, but look at Florida State's schedule! They're only #1, because their average margin of victory is over 40ppg, compared to my Buckeyes' 27.9ppg average margin of victory. Our schedule was tougher than theirs!

Go away you're making me look bad
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Les Miles learned a expensive lesson today. You dont want a player but that player will get you other players. Just take that player and process him later.

Bama offered Cameron Sims, LSU didnt. Now Bama has Sims(maybe fifth best WR in Louisiana), CRob (best OL in America), and "Hootie" Jones (Best safety prospect in Louisiana). Remember LSU really need the last two positions. If they can get J. Adams out of Texas. Then they may get a better player. But CRob was a big need for LSU.

I guess Les Miles didnt want to be like Dabo Sweeney when R. Nkemdechi got all his boys schollies and then dipped to Ole Miss.

Damn Saban putting in work in Louisiana.

Y'all lucky y'all don't have a newspaper like the AJC cause they'd be calling it a hostile takeover or some ? like that
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options

Deabatable re: the schedule, but 1) At LEAST FSU had Clemson as a legit major win, and 2) FSU has been unfukwitable.

Whereas OSU barely beat Mich, allowed a ton of points and yards to Illinois, and my goodness just look back at their "moment" game at Northwestern, which at the time was hyped up (even tho NW was only ranked #11). embarassing.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the AD's and Conference Prez werent ? a full playoff can be done just like they do in the other divisions in Football.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    If the AD's and Conference Prez werent ? a full playoff can be done just like they do in the other divisions in Football.

its all about that $$$$ at the end of the day...they disguise it in the form of "too many games will interfere with academic schedule blah blah blah..."

dont seem to affect the FCS division...thier academic calenders acant vary that much...

IMO i think a full playoff would actually generate more revenue....and they could still include thier precious traditional bowls...

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol watch espn u right now they got that paul finebaum show on bama fans calling in madd hahaha
  • King_MOEbra
    Options
    tha bause wrote: »

Go away you're making the haters look bad

I try, bro
  • King_MOEbra
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Deabatable re: the schedule, but 1) At LEAST FSU had Clemson as a legit major win, and 2) FSU has been unfukwitable.

Whereas OSU barely beat Mich, allowed a ton of points and yards to Illinois, and my goodness just look back at their "moment" game at Northwestern, which at the time was hyped up (even tho NW was only ranked #11). embarassing.

Who the ? is ClemSONNED, though? Wisconsin can beat them!
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    Gimme the brotha. Sark and Kiff too similar.

Sark took the Job
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm cool with the "playoff" system. It's a good middle ground for having the championship won on the field while not taking away from the "playoff" atmosphere that college football has throughout the season because of the pressure to win out.

As fun as "march madness" is -- it actually takes away from the College bball regular season. I have to force myself to watch a non-OU college bball game. And I hardly ever check the rankings during the season.

You win your conference and you're one of the top 4 conference champs = You got a shot. Simple.

Real ? and i was first for an 8 team playoff but honestly i think its good at 4 because this thread wouldn't be half as long if 8 or 16 teams made the playoffs. The conteversy still needs to be there otherwise like you said its gunna turn into march madness where hella mediocre teams are going to get in ruining allot of the regular season.
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dunno how I feel about Sarkisian taking the job, I guess this means Oregeron may stay in some capacity tho
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It makes the most sense.

I disagree. Each conference is not built the same. Do it like they used to, based on the polls.

B/c I'm tired of seein teams like Connecticut and Lousville's ? ass squads play meaningful games just because.

Bad example, they won the Sugar Bowl last year.
  • King_MOEbra
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

It makes the most sense.

Bad example, they won the Sugar Bowl last year.

Whooping on an SE-SHE team(Whorida), in the process!
  • King_MOEbra
    Options
    I look forward to coming back into this thread on Saturday after my Buckeyes beat down the Spartans and AuBUM gets whooped on by Missouri...oh, and when Duke upsets Whorida State!