The Official 2013-2014 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    Les Miles learned a expensive lesson today. You dont want a player but that player will get you other players. Just take that player and process him later.

Bama offered Cameron Sims, LSU didnt. Now Bama has Sims(maybe fifth best WR in Louisiana), CRob (best OL in America), and "Hootie" Jones (Best safety prospect in Louisiana). Remember LSU really need the last two positions. If they can get J. Adams out of Texas. Then they may get a better player. But CRob was a big need for LSU.

I guess Les Miles didnt want to be like Dabo Sweeney when R. Nkemdechi got all his boys schollies and then dipped to Ole Miss.

Damn Saban putting in work in Louisiana.

Y'all lucky y'all don't have a newspaper like the AJC cause they'd be calling it a hostile takeover or some ? like that

No where close to takeover. Stuff like this gets attention because LSU fans tend just meltdown. Out of 15 top LA prospects Saban gets 2 maybe 3, it just so happens the last couple years those 2 or 3 have been on the top of our list.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The last page had me like

what-the-f-tom-delonge.gif
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I look forward to coming back into this thread on Saturday after my Buckeyes beat down the Spartans and AuBUM gets whooped on by Missouri...oh, and when Duke upsets Whorida State!

? are you 6 years old
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I look forward to coming back into this thread on Saturday after my Buckeyes beat down the Spartans and AuBUM gets whooped on by Missouri...oh, and when Duke upsets Whorida State!

? you are a Hall of Famer
    I try, bro
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    Thought Chris Peterson was gonna take the job, I'd never really heard of James Franklin until his name started popping up for the SC job... What's his resume?

I read the Texas A&M coach really wanted the job too but didn't wanna interview while the season was going on cuz the media might have found out

7-8 wins a year at Vandy with more bark than bite.

He can talk a good game so he'll probably recruit well. Actual coaching ability is still kind of a question mark

bruh 7-8 wins a year at Vandy is like the equivalent to a major squad like LSU winning the NC lol
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    GetMoneyInDaN.O. Members Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all this..............plain and simple who do u want your team to face in the bowl game(IF YOUR TEAM IS BOWL ELIGIBLE)

I want either Texas....cuz we owe them 1 and that is a game ill go 2....or Baylor to show peple again why we dominate these spread hurry-up offenses
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    Thought Chris Peterson was gonna take the job, I'd never really heard of James Franklin until his name started popping up for the SC job... What's his resume?

I read the Texas A&M coach really wanted the job too but didn't wanna interview while the season was going on cuz the media might have found out

He can talk a good game so he'll probably recruit well. Actual coaching ability is still kind of a question mark

bruh 7-8 wins a year at Vandy is like the equivalent to a major squad like LSU winning the NC lol

Hey ? , you need to change the AVI

55v8l.jpg
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

55v8l.jpg

? YOU NIGGAAAA!!!!
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Louisville. To get a shot at Teddy and them other Miami boys on that squad
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

55v8l.jpg

? YOU NIGGAAAA!!!!

Fits nicely, get used to it. NOLES!!

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and well still kick yalll ? again. n/h

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all this..............plain and simple who do u want your team to face in the bowl game(IF YOUR TEAM IS BOWL ELIGIBLE)

I want either Texas....cuz we owe them 1 and that is a game ill go 2....or Baylor to show peple again why we dominate these spread hurry-up offenses

wait why does lsu owe Texas? Yall wouldn't get that W anyway.
  • infamous114
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »

and well still kick yalll ? again. n/h

You're that cornball who's other alias got banned right?
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    According to Auburn’s Turf Grass management team, someone apparently poured ashes on the field of Jordan-Hare Stadium at the conclusion of one of the greatest college football games ever.

Here’s where it gets even stranger:

According to several websites, including The War Eagle Reader, this isn’t the first time it’s happened. And that’s why the grounds crew recognized the ashes of human remains.

I told y'all ? they was sacrificing people
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dunno how I feel about Sarkisian taking the job, I guess this means Oregeron may stay in some capacity tho

Nope, I'm hearing Coach O basically saying ? us and he out. Smh.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    I think only conference winners should make it the playoffs

It makes the most sense.

I disagree. Each conference is not built the same. Do it like they used to, based on the polls.

B/c I'm tired of seein teams like Connecticut and Lousville's ? ass squads play meaningful games just because.

Bad example, they won the Sugar Bowl last year.

You know what i mean. And we're not talking about who could win the game, we're talking about who deserves to play in it.

You can not tell me teams like Boise, Louisville, Northern Illinois, etc, who dont play a ranked team all year, deserve it more than a 1 loss SEC or Pac-12 team. Or hell even a 2 loss SEC or Pac 12 team.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the response to the Sark hire.

Fans generally hate it.
    Current players mixed bag. (mostly all eligible juniors expected to leave now minus Josh Shaw)
    Recruits mostly love it.
    Former players like it.

In one breath when Pete Carroll was hired everyone ? and complained. Meanwhile most loved the Kiffin hire. So we'll see.

• bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It makes the most sense.

I disagree. Each conference is not built the same. Do it like they used to, based on the polls.

B/c I'm tired of seein teams like Connecticut and Lousville's ? ass squads play meaningful games just because.

You know what i mean. And we're not talking about who could win the game, we're talking about who deserves to play in it.

You can not tell me teams like Boise, Louisville, Northern Illinois, etc, who dont play a ranked team all year, deserve it more than a 1 loss SEC or Pac-12 team. Or hell even a 2 loss SEC or Pac 12 team.

But alot of times it not those teams fault. They try to get the big schools to play them but it always either play at the big school or on a neutral field. Sometimes they win and other times they lose.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    USC assistant Ed Orgeron resigned Monday, reportedly “outraged” that he did not receive the head coaching job, according to ESPN.com’s Brett McMurphy.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It makes the most sense.

But alot of times it not those teams fault. They try to get the big schools to play them but it always either play at the big school or on a neutral field. Sometimes they win and other times they lose.

Yea thats crazy you'd think its a mutual benefit for say OSU to play one of those type schools but it all comes down to money

And also for the majors its hard to forecast how strong your conf. will be. I.e. USC in the Leinart-Bush era they had no comp in the Pac 10, whereas now Oregon, UCLA, Stanford have all caught up to them.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HustleMob wrote: »

wait why does lsu owe Texas? Yall wouldn't get that W anyway.

[img]http://doblelol.com/uploads/4/funny-? -movies.jpg[/img]

AT&T (Cowboy) stadium is Tiger Stadium - Arlington

They undefeated in there.

2003 Cotton Bowl LSU v Texas.

They also have Penn State, Iowa and Clemson on the payback list.
  • infamous114
    Options
    ? , LSU is on our payback list for that Peach Bowl annihilation lol.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , LSU is on our payback list for that Peach Bowl annihilation lol.

they are alot of people payback list.

I wish the Independence Bowl worked out that PAC12/SEC matchup before the money fell through.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahhh here we go, every time I've actually wanted or needed Chokelahoma to when a game not only do they lose they get mollywhopped. Thankfully they're the underdogs this game and have absolutely nothing to play for so they don't have to worry about choking.

We'll know if we control our destiny or not when we kickoff and I fully expect that to impact how we come out against Baylor.