The Official 2013-2014 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UCLA’s Myles Jack has been named the freshman offensive and defensive player of the year in the Pac-12.

Damn that's the first time I've heard of this
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahhh here we go, every time I've actually wanted or needed Chokelahoma to when a game

New slang for "scheduling?"

Daswassup.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    UCLA’s Myles Jack has been named the freshman offensive and defensive player of the year in the Pac-12.

Damn that's the first time I've heard of this

Well damn. I don't stay too late to catch their games to know this.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    smh, this can't be life

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- A woman charged with killing a fellow Alabama fan after the end of last weekend's Iron Bowl football game was angry that the victim and others didn't seem upset over the Crimson Tide's loss to archrival Auburn, said the sister of the slain woman.

Adrian Laroze Briskey, 28, was charged Monday with murder in the killing of 36-year-old Michelle Shepherd.

She said we weren't real Alabama fans because it didn't bother us that they lost. And then she started shooting.

Hoover police Capt. Jim Coker said both Birmingham women were Alabama fans and at the same party for the annual game between intrastate rivals. With no time left on the clock, Auburn returned a missed Crimson Tide field goal more than 100 yards for a 34-28 victory, dashing hopes of Alabama playing for a third straight national championship.

The victim's sister, Nekesa Shepherd, said she witnessed the killing and had no doubt it was about football, even though it was unclear to investigators whether the violence was motivated by the game.

"That's one of the things we are investigating," Coker said Monday.

Nekesa Shepherd said Briskey flew into a rage when she saw the sisters and others joking that the Crimson Tide's loss wasn't as bad as if the NBA's Miami Heat had lost a game.

"She said we weren't real Alabama fans because it didn't bother us that they lost. And then she started shooting," Shepherd told The Associated Press.

Shepherd said she and her sister were invited to the party by a mutual friend who also invited Briskey. About two dozen people were on hand.

Shepherd, the mother of three, was shot to death in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover and the women did not know each other before the party, Coker said.

Court records were not available to show whether Briskey has a lawyer. She has only had a couple of speeding tickets in the past, records show.

Coker said alcohol might have been involved, but investigators are awaiting the results of toxicology tests to make a determination.

Shepherd said Briskey drank multiple shots of liquor during the game and "went crazy" when she heard people joking after Alabama lost.

"It was over a football game," said Shepherd. "I'm never going to forget it because she died in my arms."
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Makes no ? sense. None.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    adrian-laroze-briskey.png?w=599&h=397

Damn that ? was ? . She must have had a AVI bet.
    24113486_BG2.jpg
    Chick that died.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not even surprised
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Why y'all think bama is the worst state in the south and probably in America.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    WDRLs8T.jpg

Shout out to Jimmy. Let that boy do work tonight.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saban should be charges as well
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Why y'all think bama is the worst state in the south and probably in America.

Damn! I dont know bruh. The 'Sip is closing fast with some others states I will remain nameless.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alabama loses again!
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i remember watching that espn film about the alabama/auburn rivalry, ? real serious, i will never live over there
  • Shizlansky
    Options
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was ? we loss but not to the point of killing someone over it, this and that ? white dude that poisoned the tree are idiots
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HustleMob wrote: »
    ? all this..............plain and simple who do u want your team to face in the bowl game(IF YOUR TEAM IS BOWL ELIGIBLE)

I want either Texas....cuz we owe them 1 and that is a game ill go 2....or Baylor to show peple again why we dominate these spread hurry-up offenses

wait why does lsu owe Texas? Yall wouldn't get that W anyway.
    Last time we played them in the cotton bowl we won.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    GOTDAMN THE ETHER JUST WON'T STOP!!!!

BafqTy4CEAAUBL0.jpg

Georgia Southern Fan @GaSouthernGuy
    Follow

Today is 1st day back for Ga Southern students after beating Florida.Guess what's on the menu? #GATA @McMurphyESPN
    11:48 AM - 2 Dec 2013

The University Store @GSUstore
    Follow

President Keel and @CoachJeffMonken are serving Gator in the Dining Comings! #HailSouthern
    11:44 AM - 2 Dec 2013

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/georgia-southern-florida-alligator-dining/

Ahhh man! LMMFAO
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Not even surprised
    Me either. I was trying to explain to my cousin how serious these folks down here take Bama/Auburn football. I told her somebody would die because of the IB.

Somebody die behind this game every year, usually it's ? siblings.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    GOTDAMN THE ETHER JUST WON'T STOP!!!!

BafqTy4CEAAUBL0.jpg

Georgia Southern Fan @GaSouthernGuy
    Follow

Today is 1st day back for Ga Southern students after beating Florida.Guess what's on the menu? #GATA @McMurphyESPN
    11:48 AM - 2 Dec 2013

The University Store @GSUstore
    Follow

President Keel and @CoachJeffMonken are serving Gator in the Dining Comings! #HailSouthern
    11:44 AM - 2 Dec 2013

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/georgia-southern-florida-alligator-dining/

That AVI looking good on you tho n/h
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    adrian-laroze-briskey.png?w=599&h=397

Damn that ? was ? . She must have had a AVI bet.
    24113486_BG2.jpg
    Chick that died.

Damn... she bout that life

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol' broad look like my aunt. If she acts like her too then that explains everything.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently Jim Mora Jr. Gonna bolt to UDubb.

Fucla just announced a team meeting for tomorrow morning.

LMAO if true.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dontavius Russell goes to the Iron Bowl and decommits the day after....come on board young man....you dont wanna make the same mistake trey Matthews made
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    smh, this can't be life

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- A woman charged with killing a fellow Alabama fan after the end of last weekend's Iron Bowl football game was angry that the victim and others didn't seem upset over the Crimson Tide's loss to archrival Auburn, said the sister of the slain woman.

Adrian Laroze Briskey, 28, was charged Monday with murder in the killing of 36-year-old Michelle Shepherd.

She said we weren't real Alabama fans because it didn't bother us that they lost. And then she started shooting.

Hoover police Capt. Jim Coker said both Birmingham women were Alabama fans and at the same party for the annual game between intrastate rivals. With no time left on the clock, Auburn returned a missed Crimson Tide field goal more than 100 yards for a 34-28 victory, dashing hopes of Alabama playing for a third straight national championship.

The victim's sister, Nekesa Shepherd, said she witnessed the killing and had no doubt it was about football, even though it was unclear to investigators whether the violence was motivated by the game.

"That's one of the things we are investigating," Coker said Monday.

Nekesa Shepherd said Briskey flew into a rage when she saw the sisters and others joking that the Crimson Tide's loss wasn't as bad as if the NBA's Miami Heat had lost a game.

"She said we weren't real Alabama fans because it didn't bother us that they lost. And then she started shooting," Shepherd told The Associated Press.

Shepherd said she and her sister were invited to the party by a mutual friend who also invited Briskey. About two dozen people were on hand.

Shepherd, the mother of three, was shot to death in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover and the women did not know each other before the party, Coker said.

Court records were not available to show whether Briskey has a lawyer. She has only had a couple of speeding tickets in the past, records show.

Coker said alcohol might have been involved, but investigators are awaiting the results of toxicology tests to make a determination.

Shepherd said Briskey drank multiple shots of liquor during the game and "went crazy" when she heard people joking after Alabama lost.

"It was over a football game," said Shepherd. "I'm never going to forget it because she died in my arms."

Damn she went hard for her squad like Queen Latifah did in set it off