Official TITANFALL Thread

Options

Comments

• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If Titan fall is a COD clone The Order is a Gears clone lol .. it does look amazing though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZBm49bKURQ&list=UUtW0hOkyO4rjLNQGObIsKxA&feature=c4-overview
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm waiting for a thread that boast about a ps4 game that's out and really dope and fun lol. All is see is sales figure threads

Because that's the only thing they have going on right now

inFamous 3 drops one week after Titanfall but has zero buzz.

• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I'm waiting for a thread that boast about a ps4 game that's out and really dope and fun lol. All is see is sales figure threads

Yea. The Order was supposed to be that game, even though is has no release date. But based on previews today its just another Killzone. Pretty, but generic and shallow. Except this time featuring QTE's and no multiplayer. :|

I was done with that "Titanfall is noob friendly" video once dude said bots and pilots were all worth the same points.

That Titanfall/COD video is on point though. I think i'm the only one who doesn't like "Last Titan Standing" mode tho.

Same ? I was thinking... pilot ? takes off 30 seconds.. a bot takes off what? 5 seconds? Lmao trollin... and last titan standing resonates with me cuz im a gears fan
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man the Beta ends today at 6PM est. I won't be able to get any play in. Now I have to sit and wait for this ? to drop. Man they should just leave it open atleast a week before the game drop.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I read that some areas in the full game will have monsters in the background. Seems like the natural direction for the sequel will be Titans Vs. Monsters Pacific Rim style.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    15 maps though >>> i hope they add customization to your Titan armor...
  • focus
    Options
  • focus
    edited February 2014
    Options
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    now I get why the IA is so dumbed Downed. They are there for distractions. Espcially when there are so many of them.
  • focus
    Options
    now I get why the IA is so dumbed Downed. They are there for distractions. Espcially when there are so many of them.

Yea, its obviously on purpose. They aren't supposed to behave like humans, but they serve other functions in the game. AI Titans are much smarter.
  • focus
    edited February 2014
    Options
    EDIT
    Update: Titanfall Pre-Load Was an Error

We won't be able to pre-Prepare for Titanfall
    by Brandin Tyrrel FEBRUARY 21, 2014

Update: Microsoft has removed Titanfall's pre-load page from Xbox.com, as the "pre-purchase offer page was posted in error. We apologize for any confusion."

In a comment issued to Polygon, Microsoft said, "We believe in digital distribution, and are proud to give gamers a variety of ways to purchase and experience their games. However, pre-purchase and pre-download for Titanfall for Xbox One will not be available from Xbox Store. We'll continue to strike a balance between digital distribution and its benefits, while supporting physical games purchase through our retail partners."

? ' Gamestop
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea, its obviously on purpose. They aren't supposed to behave like humans, but they serve other functions in the game. AI Titans are much smarter.

Really.....
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Why was the Order brought up in this thread? The only thing similar to gears (which came from Winback) is the cover system. No one knows what other aspects the game will have just like when Uncharted came out and was completely different outside the cover system. Titanfall looks like every other generic FPS game which is why it is compared to COD, with the overall game design. The mechs could just be added to COD as a DLC which would be funny if COD did that. Bringing up The Order is simply fanboy control for an otherwise unoriginal, boring generic and uninteresting game.I don't know a single person offline that even heard of the game lol.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You had no problem with M fanboys doing the same thing for over 4 years with the 360. ? hypocrite man rofl.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    Son u seem upset ...u okay?
  • focus
    Options
    The Order looks like a working man's Gears, just like Killzone always does against Halo. Sony should stop making shooters.

What people not realizing though is that Quantum Break, another TPS, is looking like it'll be dropping around the same time as The Order. We already know Remedy will have they ? on point. Not so sure about Ready At Dawn based on they track record and what we've seen so far.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    Dont believe me just watch.......
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw a gameplay footage, game looks fun as hell + a lot of interesting fresh gameplay elements, I like how agile you are without your titan and that you can still quite easily murk them titans with cool guns...and that ejected outta a titan before it explodes and landing on another titan and take them out is straight up Goat!

was worried about the bots, but from what I seen they Made the AI superficially bad(you can toy with em) and youll easily recognize the bots from the players...

damn games like this makes me hate my expat/travelling life, as soon as Im outta Indo, Ill be coppin that One with this game...gonna be a long year lol
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Order looks like a working man's Gears.

So a stay at home woman like you would have no interest in it.
  • Broddie
    Options
    The Winback reference in this thread really made me LOL. Talk about taking it back.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    Raven is a troll he know damn well 25 of those pages in the ps4 thread are bashing xbox... smh
  • Broddie
    Options
  • Broddie
    Options
    The Titanfall beta, which was first closed, then open, then sort-of-closed-but-still-kind-of-open, was a wildly successful operation for developer Respawn Entertainment. Community manager Abbie Heppe and server engineer Jon 'Slothy' Shiring spoke on just how successful the game was, boasting that around 2 million unique players tried out the beta.

Server concerns are understandably a hot-button issue for EA published games, considering the rather poor job they did of ensuring both SimCity and Battlefield 4's launch day experiences were smooth. So, you could imagine that a red flag went up when the beta's servers broke - admittedly, only for seven hours - under the strain of just the beta players.

"[the seven hour downtime] was sort of a human error thing, while they were trying to scale up for our game," explained Shiring. "That caused a series of failures where each one was a separate bug that needed to be found and fixed. So it was really stressful, and I know people were disappointed that it didn't work for seven and a half hours straight, but by the end of it we were ready to scale up much higher. That's what we went in expecting. Let's see what breaks, fix it, and then once we get to the concurrency we're looking for, let's push it as far as it'll go and see what breaks on the high end too."

"The most important thing for us on launch day is making sure that Microsoft's Xbox Live compute platform can scale up as high as we need it to," added Shiring. "We had the alpha, but that was fairly small. Alpha proved that the tech works. Beta, the thing we wanted to test was what happens when you scale it really high, see what breaks and then fix that so we don't have to find out on launch day."

Heppe added that "You never want to say that everything is going to be perfect. Obviously there are things that can change. But you don't want to say, 'oh, no, there will still be problems,' because you don't want to give people a lack of confidence in what you're doing. I think that this beta was really about giving people confidence that not only will we be communicative with them, but we're actively trying to work out any bugs now."

The sheer transparency that Respawn is offering us in regards to the Titanfall launch, gets a huge thumbs up from me. At least they are trying to solve server issues now, instead of waiting for them to break during the launch period.

Read more at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132437-Titanfall-Beta-Had-Around-2-Million-Players#tVe2gqyKgff51aeF.99
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't play the beta but it looks I'm finally going to get to dust my Xbox One off. Can't for all the ? updates.
  • John_Blazini
    Options