Official TITANFALL Thread

Options

Comments

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zoomzoomp5 wrote: »
    Didn't play the beta but it looks I'm finally going to get to dust my Xbox One off. Can't for all the ? updates.

The beta was underwhelming at best. ? got boring pretty quickly. It's like ....."ok I have call of duty.....I have battlefield....I have halo.....I have <<insert FPS multi-player game>>.....what does this game really offer me worth investing my time in that these other games don't?." Oh yeah....it give me mechs....woopty doo".

I think it could benefit from having a single player mode too. Just my opinion though. I'm not really a person who buys into the hype of certain games.
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^ thanks for the HONEST review. Does it have perks?
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did not see this coming at all with them pushing back the 360 version...

Microsoft has announced that a Titanfall Xbox One bundle is available to pre-order from today.

Inside the specially-themed Titanfall packaging is a standard Xbox One console, Kinect sensor, standard Xbox One wireless controller, Xbox One Chat Headset, one month of Xbox Live Gold and a digital copy of Titanfall. All for the price of a standard Xbox One console.

To clarify: this isn't a limited edition Titanfall-themed Xbox One console and controller. It's the regular black Xbox One.

The offer will be available worldwide, though in the UK the offer coincides with a price cut of the console to £399.99.

Stocks are limited, however. Ahead of the announcement, IGN spoke with Xbox's UK Marketing Director Harvey Eagle. He said that the number of units was comparable to launch bundles that included FIFA 14 and Forza 5 in some territories.

"I would encourage people who want to get their hands on this offer to pre-order fast," says Eagle. "But what I will tell you is that it’s a significant promotion. If you think of it in order of magnitude as what we did on those Day One consoles with FIFA and Forza coming included. This is of similar longevity."

He also spoke of the anticipation around Respawn's first game and how the company's special relationship with Electronic Arts made this offer possible.

"There's certainly been a lot of hype for Titanfall. That's for sure," says Eagle. "We’ve got a partnership with EA which we announced when we launched Xbox One.

"I think you saw from us what we called the Day One offer which included a copy of FIFA. And this is now the next phase, if you like, of that relationship that we have with EA. We’re delighted to be able to include Titanfall at no additional cost for Xbox One buyers."

The new bundle is available to pre-order from today ahead of the game's release on March 11th in the US and March 14th in the UK.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/02/24/titanfall-xbox-one-bundle-announced
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I will never play this but I read on neoGAF that if you try to play it like COD or Battlefield than you're playing it wrong. Also read that the one feature that truly changes things from a gameplay mechanic standpoint (the parkour jumps and wall scaling) wasn't even close to being fully exploited by the Beta players. I expect some crazy looking gifs of that feature to be frequently updated once the full game is out.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I will never play this but I read on neoGAF that if you try to play it like COD or Battlefield than you're playing it wrong. Also read that the one feature that truly changes things from a gameplay mechanic standpoint (the parkour jumps and wall scaling) wasn't even close to being fully exploited by the Beta players. I expect some crazy looking gifs of that feature to be frequently updated once the full game is out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z79kgVqWx0g
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? just made me realize im not that nice lol
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there an explanation as to how you can defy gravity and almost fly without the Titan suit?

What's the backstory as to how that is possible?

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Is there an explanation as to how you can defy gravity and almost fly without the Titan suit?

What's the backstory as to how that is possible?

lol, shame, didn't realise you had a jet pack.
    image_304846_fit_940.jpg
  • focus
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Xbox One Hosting Event at SXSW and on Twitch March 10; Over 6,000 Titanfall Launch Celebrations Planned Worldwide

By Xbox Wire Staff posted February 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM

evite-titanfall-header-blog1%20(2).jpg?h=376&w=940

The march is on toward the launch of “Titanfall” and the Xbox One team is incredibly excited. Heralded as “the most addictive game ever”, the “most important game in years”, and the “next generation of gaming”, soon you will be able to experience how life is better with a Titan.

In addition to over 6,000 midnight openings at retailers nationwide to celebrate the launch of "Titanfall" on March 11, Xbox One will be hosting a launch celebration in Austin, Texas at South by Southwest on March 10 leading up to the midnight launch. Xbox Corporate Vice President Yusuf Mehdi will be joined by Respawn Entertainment co-founder Vince Zampella and community manager Abbie Heppe, along with fans, developers, and SXSW attendees.

Located at the Microsoft Studio at 323 Congress Ave., the celebration will kick off at 9pm and will feature exclusive opportunities to meet the developers behind "Titanfall," cool giveaways, and of course, lots of "Titanfall" gameplay. A special performance by Childish Gambino, one of the most exciting young talents in music, mixing a unique blend of hip-hop genres, will cap the evening.

Attendance will be on a first come, first served basis – though you can also follow @MajorNelson and @Xbox on Twitter for exclusive opportunities to win your way in.

If you won’t be in Austin, we don’t want you to miss the special celebration, so we’re building a special Twitch live broadcast just for you. Tune in to our Twitch live broadcast at twitch.tv/xbox or on the Twitch app on Xbox from 10pm-2am CT on March 10 for incredible gameplay action, special appearances from Vince Zampella, Abbie Heppe, Yusuf Mehdi, the legendary team from Rooster Teeth Productions, Xbox Live Gamerscore and achievement leader Stallion83, Xbox’s own Major Nelson, GameTrailers TV and Spike TV host Geoff Keighley, Twitch’s Jon Carnage and many, many more.

We’re planning launch celebrations across Europe, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand - keep watching Xbox Wire for details as they get confirmed.

Of course, you can also pre-order your special "Titanfall" Bundle for Xbox One and read up on all things "Titanfall"on Xbox Wire or Xbox.com as we countdown to launch.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/games-titanfall-sxsw-and-twitch-celebration

M$ going all out. I'm in Texas, so I may have to check this out. I didn't realize M$ had a studio down here. I guess its mainly for Twisted Pixel since they are the only M$ owned studio in Texas. A lot of good developers down here... Bioware, Retro, Activision/Blizzard, Gearbox, Id Software, Zynga, etc. GameStop headquarters right up the street.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where the hell you at in texas @focus ? u sound like a northerner
  • focus
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »

LOL. Yep, Dallas/Ft. Worth.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Yeah most of those video game companies are headquartered in Mesquite and Irving.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Yeah most of those video game companies are headquartered in Mesquite and Irving.

I lived in Irving for bout 3 years.

A lot of stuck up ? in Las Colinas
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stand by for Titanfall
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You going digital or hard copy for this?
  • zoomzoomp5
    Options
    how much these ? getting us for the map packs?
  • focus
    Options
    Maps:

01 - Airbase
    01-Airbase.jpg

02 - Angel City
    02-Angel-City.jpg

03 - Boneyard
    03-Boneyard.jpg

04 - Colony
    04-Colony.jpg

05 - Corporate
    05-Corporate.jpg

06 - Demeter
    06-Demeter.jpg

07 - Fracture
    07-Fracture.jpg

08 - Lagoon
    08-Lagoon.jpg

09 - Nexus
    09-Nexus.jpg

10 - Outpost 207
    10-Outpost-207.jpg

11 - Overlook
    11-Overlook.jpg

12 - Relic
    12-Relic.jpg

13 - Rise
    13-Rise.jpg

14 - Smuggler
    14-Smuggler.jpg

15 - Training Ground
    15-Training-Ground.jpg
  • focus
    Options
    Turrets, Ziplines and Generations:

ODNGrpb.jpg
    Heavy turrets are designed for killing everything—including Titans. When used out in the field, they are often braced into position in urban environments atop buildings, and have a considerable range of motion and excellent target tracking systems. Multiple Titans are usually required to disable a single heavy turret by focusing their fire on it. They operate autonomously and, in most cases, can be “flipped” (to fight for the other team) when a nearby console is compromised, often with a Data Knife.

HmoS5ty.jpg
    Ziplines travel both ways, up and down. They're especially helpful in CTF matches and escaping areas quickly. You can attach to it from either end or even while in midair (assuming you're close enough.) You hold the reload button to latch on and ride.

Regenerating/"Prestige"
    G5Owq6M.jpg
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just gets better each time
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I can't wait. This new info got me hyped up.
  • focus
    Options
  • focus
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    You going digital or hard copy for this?

Gonna get the digital version of this so I can be watching TV and then be all like "Xbox, go to Titanfall".

• zoomzoomp5
    Options
    WELL, DAMN at the maps. these dudes starting a generosity revolution! glad to see that.
  • focus
    Options
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm getting the Xbox One bundle on the 11th...

make sure ya'll add the kid

GT: Da L3gend ki11a