The IC Beatmaking/Producing Thread

Options

Comments

• Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @xxCivicxx your joints are just straight loud, the Youtube compression helps the ears, but its heard to fully enjoy. Compositions are good tho.
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For those who use Native Instruments like me apparently this is the rumored Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol keyboard

NI_KOMPLETE-KONTROL-S61-MK2-MASCHINE-MK3-shadow1-e1504664580675.jpg

Thoughts?
  • Roster Player #99
    Options
    For those who use Native Instruments like me apparently this is the rumored Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol keyboard

NI_KOMPLETE-KONTROL-S61-MK2-MASCHINE-MK3-shadow1-e1504664580675.jpg

Thoughts?

Saw 9th with it. Seems like they're at the forefront of putting a lot of people's desired itb and otb gear in one or two pieces. So Maschine, Kontakt and Komplete
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I ruined my mk2 was in a rush and packed it with too much ? .

Screens got crushed and some pads stay lit up while the rest dont light up at all.

With that said all the functions still work but its MUCH harder to use if not impossible without the computer screen...

...which ruins the workflow....which is one of my fav things about it
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is there more to the MK3 than an update on some of the aesthetics? cause they're gonna have to do more than change the look of the buttons if they want current customers to upgrade from the MK1 or MK2 or mini one. At least the last few MPCs have had some variation between each of them, plus I feel like they keep their value a bit more
  • Go figure
    Options
    no insurance....

ngu1vu2mkcoz.jpg
    sa9ds63jaslf.jpg

giphy.gif
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a synth ass ? lol

Beat I made a couple years ago...

bout time somebody here made something decent,is this sold ? How much you want for it ?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    @xxCivicxx your joints are just straight loud, the Youtube compression helps the ears, but its heard to fully enjoy. Compositions are good tho.

Thanks

And yeah I over amplify them on purpose
  • Go figure
    Options
    bfqjfx51m3m9.jpg

Whew that mk3 is one pretty mfer i wonder whats new
  • Go figure
    Options
    The smart strip looks dope af (1:20 in first vid)
    https://youtu.be/kiQiWIzoKUE
    https://youtu.be/ZZDSHlRksQQ

Before i buy anything i need to invest in a better lap top bc the one i have had terrible lag whenever i played keys
  • Roster Player #99
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    The smart strip looks dope

Before i buy anything i need to invest in a better lap top bc the one i have had terrible lag whenever i played keys

Laptop or interface? You can always clear your laptop and go external everything. And if it's been built in the last 6 years, I'm sure it can hang. If the interface is trash and your settings aren't where they need to be then that could be a cheaper problem to take care od
  • Go figure
    edited September 2017
    Options

Laptop or interface? You can always clear your laptop and go external everything. And if it's been built in the last 6 years, I'm sure it can hang. If the interface is trash and your settings aren't where they need to be then that could be a cheaper problem to take care od

The maschine is hooked up via usb straight to the lap top. Its powered on by the lap top only or desktop if i was using that. The lap top i got was cheap like $300 on sale. I purposely dont save any big files to it to keep it clear at all times....aside from all the maschine installations and updates.

This is what im (hardly) working with:
    Lenovo Flex 3 11.6" (Windows 10)
    TouchScreen 2-in-1 Laptop
    Intel Celeron processor 4GB DDR3L / 500GB HD

4GB of RAM aint ? and i'd say the processor is outdated by today's standards (and im no expert). Cant say i didnt know what i was getting when i bought it though works well for anything else.
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The maschine is hooked up via usb straight to the lap top. Its powered on by the lap top only or desktop if i was using that. The lap top i got was cheap like $300 on sale. I purposely dont save any big files to it to keep it clear at all times....aside from all the maschine installations and updates.

4GB of RAM aint ?
    and i'd say the processor is outdated by today's standards (and im no expert). Cant say i didnt know what i was getting when i bought it though works well for anything else.

Dog

I had to learn that the hard way especially with Omnisphere. SMH ? froze my computer everytime
  • Go figure
    Options

4GB of RAM aint ?
    and i'd say the processor is outdated by today's standards (and im no expert). Cant say i didnt know what i was getting when i bought it though works well for anything else.

Dog

I had to learn that the hard way especially with Omnisphere. SMH ? froze my computer everytime

Its nothin worse than finding a sound that goes perfect with your beat, ideas start rushing to your head so u try to record somethin quick....start hittin some keys, and u get nothin but static, pauses, lag. Loop wont even pause or stop when u try.

? worse than when 2k cheats
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The Maschine - either that or an SP 404 SX- a turntable and a laptop is like the new "I make beats" starter pack these days

• Go figure
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    The Maschine - either that or an SP 404 SX- a turntable and a laptop is like the new "I make beats" starter pack these days

Ay ppl looked down on fruity loops at one point.....many still do. But that ? made hits across all genres.

Maschine feels a lot like fruity loops, easy to learn, good production flow.

Just (de)evolution of music i guess depending on how u look at it
  • Fosheezy
    Options

Ay ppl looked down on fruity loops at one point.....many still do. But that ? made hits across all genres.

Maschine feels a lot like fruity loops, easy to learn, good production flow.

Just (de)evolution of music i guess depending on how u look at it
    True.
    I actually wanna try out The Maschine, but I really need something that can run on its own that I can write music on and do performances while being portable, so was thinking SP 404 might work, but I don't like that a bunch of newbies hoppin on too lol. Might go the MPC standalone route, I just don't like all the idea of navigating a bunch of unfamiliar menus.
  • Go figure
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lol ? the newbies i feel u tho. I remember not wanting to tell ppl i used FL especially since they were good with ableton and i felt that was more highly respectable but its the damn truth when ppl say its not what u use its how u use it.

MkII making of k lamar "sherane" by tha bizness
    https://youtu.be/jp2JKd909E8
  • Go figure
    Options
  • Fosheezy
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lol ? the newbies i feel u tho. I remember not wanting to tell ppl i used FL especially since they were good with ableton and i felt that was more highly respectable but its the damn truth when ppl say its not what u use its how u use it.

FL has turned around a lot of the negativity though and started to become hella competitive. I wish I had a copy, I would use it. I really don't care, i'll use anything as long as I understand what I'm doing and I know what I'm going to do with it in the end. it's hard to say no to a 404 though because on top of giving a portable way to come up with stuff on the fly, it also give multiple ways to do live performance, a nice sampler, plenty of memory, a decent set of effects, and can be used as a synth, all with NO MENUS, just GO....that's hard to beat.
  • Go figure
    Options
  • Go figure
    Options

FL has turned around a lot of the negativity though and started to become hella competitive. I wish I had a copy, I would use it. I really don't care, i'll use anything as long as I understand what I'm doing and I know what I'm going to do with it in the end. it's hard to say no to a 404 though because on top of giving a portable way to come up with stuff on the fly, it also give multiple ways to do live performance, a nice sampler, plenty of memory, a decent set of effects, and can be used as a synth, all with NO MENUS, just GO....that's hard to beat.

How much do the 404s run for? Ima start watching vids of it in action from the looks of it seems perfect for portability
  • Fosheezy
    Options

How much do the 404s run for? Ima start watching vids of it in action from the looks of it seems perfect for portability

For the standard 404 I wouldn't pay no more than 250 tops for used...that's being generous. There's the 404 SX and the 404 A which is the newest and most expensive entry at 500 brand new. 404 sx is around 380 brand new. I don't know all the differences between each model, but im sure new fx and features on the latest model.
    There also the SP555 which is a performance beast and that pretty much do everything the 404 does plus a bit more, but a little less portable.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options