The streets really don't have anybody right now.

Options

Comments

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Baw$3$mok3.JR Members Posts: 466
    Options
    Keef, Future, Waka, Gucci, Meek.
    And did this muthafucka say Kanye & Drake????
    When was them ? ever street to begin wit???

And the streets change. Crime is down nation wide, and for the most part the kids are different. They dressin different, they doing different ?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    street ? listen to alot of local rap mostly lil ? from their neighborhoods and thats more gutter than ever lil dudes on the run for murders and steady puttin out musik, shootin videos in real dope houses with real dopefiends, and rappin bout real street beef.

every ghetto got a lil rap crew that just want a lil street fame and to mostly rep for they hood.

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The biggest issue is what do the streets want?

Do they want

A) Club Friendly/? that just bangs in the whip
    B) Ignant street talk about cliche drug talk
    C) Conscious voices about what is really going on/the struggle
    D) Other?

I think the "Streets" just want club bangers that take them away from the street every thursday friday or saturday what have you. Because if the streets really cared about the gun talk keef, gucci, and waka would be flying of the shelves which they didn't. If the streets wanted a conscious voice to rep the hood then half the people on this site wouldn't call the conscious rappers boring.

What happened is the cliche bustin the uzi using the toolie street talk got old and played out. And the conscious rap had a point in the 90's but modern street cats don't care about the struggle cause its a different era. Cause lets be honest cats in the hood still be having i phone 5's big ass tv's and nice whips they just decide to stay in the hood less people are struggling (pending the city). But the 80's and 90's the crime rates were higher the drugs were deadlier.

I think it's about balance and just speaking the real. You can't speak on just one of those things and not be about it. The one thing all those rappers T/S mentioned have in common is that they were really about that life, but they knew there was a better way and wanted to show the people that. The only person right now I can think of on that level is Lil Boosie, but let's face it... son got a voice for closed caption. He's not ready for the mainstream. I think too many rappers these days are trying to cater to a crowd instead of speaking from their hearts. I even be listening to J Cole sometimes with that "? outta here" face. He raps like he just watched an episode of A Different World, scribbled it on his notepad and created his life.

this how I feel more than anything. I mean, if you speak from your heart, the streets will know... and once you get that established, you can cater to the crowd. but it'll be second nature.
  • big meech
    big meech Members Posts: 96
    Options
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C bo
    C muder
    Tray dee
    Killa tay
    Freddie foxx
    Cormega
    Above The Law
    WC
    Fat Joe
    King Sun
    CJ Mac
    Keke Loco
    All these ? got stories behind they names
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    big meech wrote: »
    meek

By the the third album idk the kids is even gonna sound the same.hes barley out the hood and go check out his twitter..he thinks he's above everyone.

He's prolly gonna be rapping bout artwork and mansions and ? too.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A ? thread sponsored by ? Logic
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    You just got to let ? develop!
    You can't be everything all at one time!
    Someone gone always have something to say!
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    The streets don't need rappers for guidance...The ? ...

:)) Rappers need the streets for guidance cuz 90% of them fugazi.
  • Earl Lee Risor
    Earl Lee Risor Members Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It's old, I know, but this ? knock. That young scooter ? makin a lil noise too. I don't ? wit him, but my lil ? do.

http://youtu.be/iWL9NyNhDvk
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it aint poppin in the streets but it poppin only on ? like on this site. I aint checking for it.
  • dollarandadream
    dollarandadream Members Posts: 236
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The biggest issue is what do the streets want?

Do they want

A) Club Friendly/? that just bangs in the whip
    B) Ignant street talk about cliche drug talk
    C) Conscious voices about what is really going on/the struggle
    D) Other?

I think the "Streets" just want club bangers that take them away from the street every thursday friday or saturday what have you. Because if the streets really cared about the gun talk keef, gucci, and waka would be flying of the shelves which they didn't. If the streets wanted a conscious voice to rep the hood then half the people on this site wouldn't call the conscious rappers boring.

What happened is the cliche bustin the uzi using the toolie street talk got old and played out. And the conscious rap had a point in the 90's but modern street cats don't care about the struggle cause its a different era. Cause lets be honest cats in the hood still be having i phone 5's big ass tv's and nice whips they just decide to stay in the hood less people are struggling (pending the city). But the 80's and 90's the crime rates were higher the drugs were deadlier.

This ^^^
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Street Military is the streetz!
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    The streets don't need rappers for guidance...The ? ...

really? couldve fooled me. there must be a reason that the streets copy every rapper with a new brand of clothes on or a completely new style all together. they also take any new slang that a rapper makes up and uses it in everyday vocabulary. but yeah, u right. they dont need guidance lol
  • 2tru2lose
    2tru2lose Members Posts: 49
    Options
    Like it or not but yo gotti got da streets rite now. And I watched da ? grind his way up from da bottom to where he is
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw Yo Gotti trash...

When Boosie touchdown...
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problems for years is that the "streets" had too much say so in the rap community. Now the element that we glorified for years is KILLING us and putting on you tube to show!!! We as black people are more than the streets and a lot don't relate to the ignorance anymore. Now the people that relate to that "street" ? are the people that are actually in the streets or the wannabes in the suburbs that find it "exciting."

Also.......YOU MUTHAFUCKAS SOUND THE SAME!!!!!! If you goto worldstarhiphop.com all the "street" rappers from any hood in the U.S. and they using the same beats and talkin bout the same ? !!!!!
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Don't nobody sound like Street Military!
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw Yo Gotti trash...

When Boosie touchdown...

Boosie is going to have that shss on smash

Alley Boy is a street, gangster rapper but I think he got blackballed
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    The problems for years is that the "streets" had too much say so in the rap community. Now the element that we glorified for years is KILLING us and putting on you tube to show!!! We as black people are more than the streets and a lot don't relate to the ignorance anymore. Now the people that relate to that "street" ? are the people that are actually in the streets or the wannabes in the suburbs that find it "exciting."

Also.......YOU MUTHAFUCKAS SOUND THE SAME!!!!!! If you goto worldstarhiphop.com all the "street" rappers from any hood in the U.S. and they using the same beats and talkin bout the same ? !!!!!

Yup, the "streets" killed the concept of individuality and brainwashed people. Back in the day, the "streets" even dictated how a person walked and talked. Now that the streets influence is waning, people getting mad that black kids of today are thinking for themselves.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    hnic1978 wrote: »

Yup, the "streets" killed the concept of individuality and brainwashed people. Back in the day, the "streets" even dictated how a person walked and talked. Now that the streets influence is waning, people getting mad that black kids of today are thinking for themselves.

Who wants to be some ? ass broke ? still rocking xxxl white t shirts and scuffed timbs
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    btw, I wouldn't say "the streets", I'd say the "have nots"