The streets really don't have anybody right now.

Options
124»

Comments

• blackmagic713
    blackmagic713 Members Posts: 3
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    the streets used to mean "everyday ppl"... now it means the worst most ignorant among us?

lol. thats what the industry does smh.
  • omikron
    omikron Members Posts: 25
    Options
    the streets have plenty of real heads. "real" and the mainstream industry definition of real are two entirely different things.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best don't bow to Da Enemy!
    Mind manipulation through witchcraft is the way of The World!
    Real renegades is above that so we gone cuase a stir!
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    The streets don't need rappers for guidance...The ? ...

thats like saying black folks aint need MLK or Malcom .........................

these artist of today are the MLKs and Malcoms of today ... i remember when nas first said that i thought he was crazy ... but its real talk ... they have the voice and the attention of the youth today ...

if you ever watch a child grow youll see how much mainstream impacts them ... everything they learn is from something external ... wether it be tv, book or other people ... monkey see monkey doo ... its just human nature tho .... and one thing about human nature is our animal instincts .... its like seeing a real attractive woman .... your automatically drawn to that ... you dont have to force it .... and people who SALE product are fully aware of these natural instincts .... and they play with it to get your attention and to sell you ? .................................................................
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    its no brainer that i can go to any school right now on some ratchet ? ... cursing, dressing down and just doing real immature stuff and the kids will automatically be drawn to it ..... now if i come in suited and booted up and very mature i might have to verbally execute on another level to get the kids well majority of the kids to communicate with me ..... cause not all kids are into are drawn to ratchet ish .............. but most are .... just watch a kid that cant talk and just started walking and peep his movements ... naturally hes drawn to anything negative .... instead of running to the toys you specifcally brought for them ... they go and bang on the glass table ...... or run up to the tv and try to turn it off ....... anything that not there for them to be playing with ..................
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mainstream doesn't have a street rapper that they can believe in but street rappers are definitely out there
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    Most older cats listen to emcees they grew up with or underground rapperes anyways.

Who u think is buying a raekwon cd or stressing going to an az performance this day and age cats well over 30.

Most dudes my age and up ain't bumping keef and can't stand drake in large doses don't get started on wayne.

? been stuck in 98 for a minute.

Yup, and the sad thing is that the 30+ crowd that demands music that dwells so much on negativity is on some "grow up and expand your horizons" type ? . After a certain point in your life, you have to grow out of that small boundaries ? , and the street raps of the late 90s represent that. Now, there is a whole world out there, so why remain stuck in some street corner?
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amafia a hood ass rapper from Harlem...lol.hes aight.