Charlamagne: Aubrey's(Drake) "No New Friends" is Female Talk...

Options

Comments

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    just had 2 steak n cheese eggrolls for lunch...man them junts were bomb....shout out to the Koreans in the DMV

Wtf is a steak n cheese egg roll wtf I've only heard of a regular ass egg roll and a veggie egg roll

lol you gotta hit up the chinese spots in the hood for ? like that lol ... im still surprised the suburban chinese stores stilll aint up on yet lol @least the ones ouchea arent just yet .... gotta hit up them joints with the bulletproof glass lol ......
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yknow at first I was saying: "Yeah I feel what Charlamagne but he's just hating on Drake as usual...he's looking too much into it...."

But then I reealllllyyyy took a look at the subtext of "No New Friends"......and yknow what? Its even more bitchmade now that I look at it.

It comes off as some scorned bitter ? ? ...:"OH NOES SOME CHICK/? BEFRIENDED ME TO ONLY USE ME FOR MY FAME AND MONEY!!! SO NO NEW FRIENDS EVER!!!!..."

Like ? , really? This is yet another example of one of the biggest criticisms of Drake in that a big part of his subject matter is whining/having an almost BITTER tone about being rich and famous. ? I WOULD BE HAPPY JUST TO BE THERE.

And i'm sure he is. And im sure he feels "the downsides of being rich/famous are apart of my personal narrative i.e. i'm just conveying the realities of MY LIFE"

But the fact that the best examples of pain and downfall that Drake can come up with and convey are "Fame sucks and my wants, needs, desires, usually revolve around women" says alot about the level of privilege Drake comes from (not his fault mind you, just more or less a revelation about the cloth he's cut from).

Especially keep in mind, that this is HIP HOP; much of pathos of the genre is rooted in the celebration of NOT BEING BROKE ANYMORE. Of going from some ? street corner to performing in major arenas.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If he was one of many acts out right now but he like da numba 1 n$gga so they gone be gunnin for him!
    We b#tch when kats rap wit everybody, we b#tch when a rapper suggest he aint tryning to have no new friends could mean he aint trying to collab wit just anybody & everybody!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theodis wrote: »
    i started the hate drake cause he feminine movement.

yall better ? remember that...

i was doing this ? a year and a half ago...

now all the sudden everybody else notice the ? a beta male?

lol stop it Big Ghost been going in on drake for 3 or 4 years ? affion crokett was doin the same ? you ain't create ? . ? your jokes and keep it moving son you ain't originate ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlamagne is an effeminate ass mafucka too tho...
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    best friends become strangers
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't take a ? with a Wanda from In Living Color lisp calling out another ? 's manhood seriously.

I mean, we all know Drake is a manhoe and that his interpretation of "no new friends" is dripping with Spongebob swag, but in reality we gotta think like that. Keep your circle small, everyone else is just in the way.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

lol stop it Big Ghost been going in on drake for 3 or 4 years ? affion crokett was doin the same ? you ain't create ? . ? your jokes and keep it moving son you ain't originate ? .

@Theodis
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ay... I hated this ? since day one...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I can't take a ? with a Wanda from In Living Color lisp calling out another ? 's manhood seriously.

I mean, we all know Drake is a manhoe and that his interpretation of "no new friends" is dripping with Spongebob swag, but in reality we gotta think like that. Keep your circle small, everyone else is just in the way.
    Keeping a small amount of people in your immediate circle

Vs.

Calling your business partners 'friends' and claiming to not be interested in anymore friends

It ain't the same.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this cant be life u arguing over who hated someone first.....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Earl Lee Risor
    Earl Lee Risor Members Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't talk old business, and we don't ? with new ? . I haven't heard the song, but I move by that. I need to trace you back to the porch and free lunch if I ? with you for real. You never know who's who.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    just had 2 steak n cheese eggrolls for lunch...man them junts were bomb....shout out to the Koreans in the DMV

Wtf is a steak n cheese egg roll wtf I've only heard of a regular ass egg roll and a veggie egg roll

lol you gotta hit up the chinese spots in the hood for ? like that lol ... im still surprised the suburban chinese stores stilll aint up on yet lol @least the ones ouchea arent just yet .... gotta hit up them joints with the bulletproof glass lol ......

THIS IS the ? tho im in the hood and we ain't got that ? i got the best chinese spot that ain't beni han han and they ain't got that ?
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was supposed to be a "started from the bottom" remix but he ended up giving it to khaled.. ps I hate that song..
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

nobody was attacking his beta male status until i did...

selective memory having ass ? .

@Theodis lol you still late you ain't een join till last year so how you gon say you were the first

son we had entire threads doing that i been using ? don for over a year son i ain't that clever or funny to come up with any new disses

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/354389/official-make-your-own-drake-song-title-thread
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    LOL look at this idiot @Monizzle14 continuing to make himself look like an ass clown.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    LOL look at this idiot @Monizzle14 continuing to make himself look like an ass clown.

yeah... i only been here a year...

silly little man...

bet that ? will make an argument out of anything...

"pssshhh yeah right, you can to get 20/20 vision from staring at the sun thru a telescope."

He just likes to hear himself type man. Don't mind him. He is like my little son of the IC.