X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Options

Comments

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Wolverine isn't that short, he's between 5' 4"-5' 7". Here's a general rule of thumb when casting for Logan. The actor should playing him should be the shortest one. Though movie magic, you can make a 5' 8", 5' 7" guy appear even shorter:

[img]https://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/560065_128141624031241_1321857855_n.jpg[/img]

Now Elijah Wood is 5' 6" and Sean Astin is 5' 6" put in The Lords of Rings, they made them appear even shorter, that's what you would do with actor playing Wolverine, with special effects, you make the necessary height adjustment.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    The trailer they showed at comic con looked pretty good but it looked like it will be too much about wolverine

post the trailer
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After reading the post credit scene for Wolverine I got a feeling we gone be disappointed with this film too. SMH ? is ruining the X-men for me.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't really expect them to have a person that is 5'2 to play the character though lol. How many 5'2 actors are in Hollywood that could portray Wolverine? 5'5-5'8 would suffice anyway.

Jackie Earle Haley shoulda been wolverine (rorshach from watchmen)

that might work if he hits the gym and bulks up a little. dye his hare and give him some prosthetic side burns it might work and he is on the short side if i'm not mistaken.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, none of the X-Men films so far really showed just how much mutants are hated and discriminated against. A few bad looks and one or two 'muties', but nothin' major
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I woulda probably preferred Mickey Rourke with a Sin City make-up job to play Wolves, he's that old, same height, give him the wild hair look and the badassness that noone's ever seen in a protagonist.

Professor X is an easy character but I would put him in a floating wheelchair and not a real wheelchair.

Number 2:
    Get rid of this old ass ? b.
    magneto.jpg

Honestly, you don't even have to show Mag's face with the helmet especially with the CGI, they could of made him more mysterious.
    2652448-magneto.jpg

I would have preferred Liam Neeson, George Clooney, Jeff Bridges or Richard Gere.

Magneto's suppose to look like this. Semi-old but not too old.
    Max_Eisenhardt_%28Joseph%29_Magneto_Not_a_Hero_Vol_1_1.png
    xorneto1.jpg
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta remember though, not everything that works in comics and cartoons is gonna be able to work in live action films. There's only so much you can do with cgi and special effects before it turns into Star Wars Episode 1.
  • Splackavelli
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sour wrote: »
    I woulda probably preferred Mickey Rourke with a Sin City make-up job to play Wolves, he's that old, same height, give him the wild hair look and the badassness that noone's ever seen in a protagonist.

Professor X is an easy character but I would put him in a floating wheelchair and not a real wheelchair.

Number 2:
    [bGet rid of this old ass ? b][/b]
    magneto.jpg

Honestly, you don't even have to show Mag's face with the helmet especially with the CGI, they could of made him more mysterious.
    2652448-magneto.jpg

I would have preferred Liam Neeson, George Clooney, Jeff Bridges or Richard Gere.

xorneto1.jpg

I think the reason they casted an elderly man to play that role because in the original 60's comics he was elderly until when chris Claremont came along I thing a sorcerer cast a spell on him and turned him into an infant and when he was restored they put him in his late 20's early thirties and that's why he the current version is younger and more athletic in appearance. doesn't he also have a clone named joseph? as for his age in the movie I think a ? concentration camp survivor would be well into his 80's by now.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    The trailer they showed at comic con looked pretty good but it looked like it will be too much about wolverine

post the trailer

I watched it at comic con. What they showed probably wont be on the Internet for a few months
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ making a big deal out of jackman being taller than wolverine's supposed to be. You guys act like that's making the movies terrible.

"damn that was a good movie...but wolverine's height was all wrong! 2/10 would not watch again!"

So why wasn't some tall ass 6'2" ? cast to play Spider-Man, but yet why weren't some short ass ? cast to play Superman or The Batman?
  • Sour-Cream
    Options

Number 2:
    magneto.jpg

2652448-magneto.jpg

xorneto1.jpg

I think the reason they casted an elderly man to play that role because in the original 60's comics he was elderly until when chris Claremont came along I thing a sorcerer cast a spell on him and turned him into an infant and when he was restored they put him in his late 20's early thirties and that's why he the current version is younger and more athletic in appearance. doesn't he also have a clone named joseph? as for his age in the movie I think a ? concentration camp survivor would be well into his 80's by now.

But alot of things didn't add up. They didn't explain how nightcrawler and rogue were brother and sister, how mystique is their mother or how Beast and Wolverine are cousins or how Juggernaut and Professor X are step brothers. Magneto was never 80 in the comics, the reason why they made him younger was to keep him up to date with the story cause ain't no way Stan Lee wanted to have the X-Men fight an 99 year old man. Why is Rogue still the same lame ass character without Ms. Marvel's powers. Everything about X Men sucked ass bruh.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hopefully at the end of this film the xmen return to thier time to find it taken over by Apocalypse(ala thanos) setting up the a days of future past 2...wich will include cable (played by bruce willis)
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder will they explain how professor Xavier survived
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    wolverine and beast are cousins? I missed out on a whole lot. there's too many family ties and backstories to make the perfect x-men movie. it's too complicated i'm starting to see sour's point. it's easier to pull of an avengers movie than an x-men movie.
  • Copper
    Options
    23125145 wrote: »
    That was explained in x men 3

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Yo, Liam Neelson as Magneto would be some awesome ? to see.

i think they get michael fassbender from first class again and make him look older, dude is a great actor mayne and was the goat magneto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRxwoqrwevc
  • Copper
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »

?

part where he was teaching class n talking to Dr. Mctaggert and asking the class if it would be ethical to transfer His memories into a body of a brain dead man....and after the credits rolled they showed the man open his eyes

What I don't understand is how he looks identical to Xavier

But they'll probably get into all that ...they have to
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    kzzl wrote: »
    Yo, Liam Neelson as Magneto would be some awesome ? to see.

i think they get michael fassbender from first class again and make him look older, dude is a great actor mayne and was the goat magneto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRxwoqrwevc

Exactly, two completely different directors, it's like they try to fix a story and bring back the old director to ? it up again.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    wolverine and beast are cousins? I missed out on a whole lot. there's too many family ties and backstories to make the perfect x-men movie. it's too complicated i'm starting to see sour's point. it's easier to pull of an avengers movie than an x-men movie.

A whole lot of loop holes that cannot be forgiven. For one, Xavier didn't get paralyzed from getting shot in the back, he had a disease. Juggernaut and Xavier didn't even recognize each other but in the comics, mark use to bully him. Cap and Logan fought in the cold war too.
  • Sour-Cream
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Now look at the actor choices for Quicksilver between the Avengers and X-Men.

Bryan Singer is using Evan Peters who looks nothing like Quicksilver to play Magneto's son with no Scarlett Witch.
    emma-roberts-evan-peters-adult-world-tribeca-portraits-04.jpg

And Director Joss Whedon is using Aaron Johnson from Kickass to play Quicksilver and adding in Scarlett Witch played by Saiorse Ronan. Fox claims that Disney can use Quicksilver but they can't mention that they're related to Magneto.

220px-Aaron_Taylor-Johnson_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Saoirse+Ronan+10.jpg

Also Vin Diesel is playing Vision and it's rumored that Morris Chestnut is playing Black Panther.
    1abd371bdd11c1ae_large.jpg

black_panther_36833.jpg

Joss Whedon actually does his studying and has the perfect cast while Bryan Singer just ? sucks as a director. I ain't watching that ? b, ? FOX.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Bryan Singer gives zero ? . Only person he got right was Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.
    My expectations for this movie are little to none.
    Next batman xmen are my favorite and he is ? them up.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Number 2:
    magneto.jpg

2652448-magneto.jpg

xorneto1.jpg

But alot of things didn't add up. They didn't explain how nightcrawler and rogue were brother and sister, how mystique is their mother or how Beast and Wolverine are cousins or how Juggernaut and Professor X are step brothers. Magneto was never 80 in the comics, the reason why they made him younger was to keep him up to date with the story cause ain't no way Stan Lee wanted to have the X-Men fight an 99 year old man. Why is Rogue still the same lame ass character without Ms. Marvel's powers. Everything about X Men sucked ass bruh.

And you really expected them to explain ALL of that in that one movie? C'mon people. Let's be serious. Like someone said, what works in the comics, doesn't mean it's gonna work on screen.