OPRAH WINFREY denied by a store....Saleswoman assumed she couldn't AFFORD to shop there...

Options

Comments

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    Jamaica wrote: »
    No matter how much money you have. You'll always be a ? . Rich black people like her need a wake up call every now and then just to remind them.
    i wonder when beyonce n jay z gonna get that wake up call?

Jay-z got his when Cristal said that all the mentions of it's champagne in rap lyrics were "unwelcomed attention"....
    I used to drink Cristal, the muh'? 's racist
    So I switched gold bottles on to that ? ? ........
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    woulda bought everything so they know i got the credit then refunded it right there and then
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't get to deep into, and will not now ( about to hit this gym up)
    But I'll reinitiate what I said in the previous thread:

I do not hold Oprah and the likes entirely accountable for their (seemly) insensitive business ventures that (seemly) is not catered exclusively to their community

Go back read what I just wrote in the bold....even if you wont admit it publicly, privately you know the ? is true.

Oprah a lot of things, extremely wealthy but she is not a got-damn miracle worker

• NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would've like to have seen the look on Oprah's face after the assumption was made.

Undoubtedly, it must've been priceless.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I remember this when it happened.

Sorry but I totally would have slapped down my AMEX Black card.

And then left without purchasing ? .

This is new, though.

LOL @ a $38,000 bag. FOH.

Yeah I was thinking of the time that store wouldn't open the doors for her after hours.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I am Oprah Winfrey"
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    No matter how much money you have. You'll always be a ? . Rich black people like her need a wake up call every now and then just to remind them.
    i wonder when beyonce n jay z gonna get that wake up call?

Jay-z got his when Cristal said that all the mentions of it's champagne in rap lyrics were "unwelcomed attention"....

lol oh ? i 4got about that...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    a.mann wrote: »
    Halfabrick wrote: »
    NEWS FLASH MOST OF THESE SO CALLED DESGINERS ARE RACSITST AND HOMOS

but you still got cats sayin, giving these ?
    their cash is the epitome of success......

"Hey look at me! I have on a racist homosexual ? 's slippy shoes on!

I'm GOAT!!"
    B-)
    Too many blacks got that consumer metality. They get their selfworth from material items that depreciate fast they buy. It's sad that people like Oprah don't have an alternative for these Euro designers. Wouldn't it be great if she'd circulate her money in the balck community?
    dont act like other races dont indulge in "high class consumerism" gucci, prada,burberry, coach, Bugatti, Ferrari, Chanel, all have more white arab and asians rocking it then blacks..
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    oan so Oprah dont got schools in africa? she dont do ? 4 people in Chicago? she didnt give a helping hand 2 tyler perry? (who himself employs many blacks) she does enough 2 circulate money/education back into the black community..
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm GOAT!!"
    B-)
    Too many blacks got that consumer metality. They get their selfworth from material items that depreciate fast they buy. It's sad that people like Oprah don't have an alternative for these Euro designers. Wouldn't it be great if she'd circulate her money in the balck community?
    dont act like other races dont indulge in "high class consumerism" gucci, prada,burberry, coach, Bugatti, Ferrari, Chanel, all have more white arab and asians rocking it then blacks..

The difference is Whites and Asians are they're target consumer, we are not.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

I'm GOAT!!"
    B-)

their target consumer is people with money.. why u think the store owner apologized..

• taeboo
    Options

I'm GOAT!!"
    B-)

their target consumer is people with money.. why u think the store owner apologized..

If that was the case then we would more people who look like us in their runway shows and magazine ads.

The only reason they apologized is because the store didn't want to seem like racist ? . If it was just about money this whole incident wouldn't have happened...
  • damobb2deep
    Options

I'm GOAT!!"
    B-)

If that was the case then we would more people who look like us in their runway shows and magazine ads.

The only reason they apologized is because the store didn't want to seem like racist ? . If it was just about money this whole incident wouldn't have happened...

some of the most famous runway models of all time are black.. what do u mean? and if they made the apology rather it be genuine or not they are saying "if u got the money 2 buy it we will sell it 2 you" cuz idk about u but if my merchandise cost 20 plus racks and somebody wants 2 buy it idc if u black ,white Japanese, Panamanian ,Russian or Egyptian..

also think about crystal... when jay z was getting them they free promotion they couldnt keep up with the demand and essentially ran out... but after they shunned a big demographic that was supporting them their sales went down.. there is one thing rich people love and thats making money..
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oprah should've dropped the store's name, so that some random idiot(s) would see this story and go tear it up.
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to assume the clerk is probably our of a job, and if iprah drops the name tge y will be out of revenue too.
  • taeboo
    Options

I'm GOAT!!"
    B-)

some of the most famous runway models of all time are black.. what do u mean? and if they made the apology rather it be genuine or not they are saying "if u got the money 2 buy it we will sell it 2 you" cuz idk about u but if my merchandise cost 20 plus racks and somebody wants 2 buy it idc if u black ,white Japanese, Panamanian ,Russian or Egyptian..

also think about crystal... when jay z was getting them they free promotion they couldnt keep up with the demand and essentially ran out... but after they shunned a big demographic that was supporting them their sales went down.. there is one thing rich people love and thats making money..

I never said they wouldn't take our money, I said we are not their target consumer. Do you know Prada hired a black model for their ad campaign for the first time in 20 years? Or that Celine hasn't cast a black model in their show in the past 5 years? How many times have you seen a high end brand place an ad in a black magazine? And even though there are famous black models, most in an interview would say that they have to fight harder for jobs.

You really think Cristal sales dropped that much after the whole Jay-z thing?? LOL...
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some of the most famous runway models of all time are black.. what do u mean?

You're missing the point. A handful of famous AA models is Nothing compared to the fact that 99% of the models that showcase big brands on the runway are Caucasian. It's not even remotely comparable.

Watch a Burberry, or Prada, or Gucci show. What you see most of, is what they cater to.

Whites, and Asians.

It's really that simple. Don't let them fool you.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she'll be aight
  • damobb2deep
    Options

I'm GOAT!!"
    B-)

I never said they wouldn't take our money, I said we are not their target consumer. Do you know Prada hired a black model for their ad campaign for the first time in 20 years? Or that Celine hasn't cast a black model in their show in the past 5 years? How many times have you seen a high end brand place an ad in a black magazine? And even though there are famous black models, most in an interview would say thata they have to fight harder for jobs.

You really think Cristal sales dropped that much after the whole Jay-z thing?? LOL...

lol actually with the crystal thing like i said they sales did drop after the hip hop market stop drinking it...

also we might not be their target audience because we as a race are not in that class... thats all.. if blacks could afford 1500/2000 dollar items easily dont u think they would advertise more in our market? like u said they will sell the ? 2 us if we can afford it its jus as a whole we cant...