Allen Iverson Set To Retire, What Will His Legacy Be To You?

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Yall act like ? called Ai a thug for no reason..

"At eight years of age, Iverson witnessed his first murder."

"Iverson allegedly struck a woman in the head with a chair. He, along with three of his friends who are also black, were the only people arrested. Iverson, who was 17 at the time, was convicted as an adult of the felony charge of maiming by mob, a rarely used Virginia statute that was designed to combat lynching."

"Iverson drew a 15-year prison sentence, with 10 years suspended."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Iverson

Then he barged in some ? 's apt summer 02 wit da burnas lookin for his wife and said "Somebodys about to die and it aint gonna be me"

Which led to this
    alleniversonmug1.jpg

I always been a bubba fan cuz he just like me, but these ? in denial if they don't think money was wilin and thuggin off the court
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all time favorite athlete...I thought I was that ? when i stepped on the court..Had my braids and AI jersey on some true stan ? in my teens when i hit the court....Top 10 player to me.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Iverson allegedly struck a woman in the head with a chair. He, along with three of his friends who are also black, were the only people arrested. Iverson, who was 17 at the time, was convicted as an adult of the felony charge of maiming by mob, a rarely used Virginia statute that was designed to combat lynching."

did son really just quote wikipedia and the court to show that AI was a thug

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »

did son really just quote wikipedia and the court to show that AI was a thug

? was sayin that he wasnt and that it was just a image, but dude was out there catchin felonys
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how many people out there have an AI Grizzlies jersey...

Iverson probably still wears his to the club
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Realest NBA player ever everything he said came from the heart and he really did play every game like it was his last.

Why yall think The Lebrons and Durants have to act so nice now with their suits and cardigans and nice interviews and ? ? Its cause the NBA wants them to, they were shook by AI and his realness I mean the man influenced the game so much that those ? had to ban jerseys and baggies. He had the whole league rocking cornrows.

The thing I always admired is how he wasnt afraid of nothing and nobody. Son told Rodman and Jordan in his first game against the Bulls that he dont have to respect nobody then proceeded to shake n bake Jordan into the third row. That game 1 in the finals 01 summed the player AI up perfectly for me cause it was such a David vs Goliath thing. He came there with a bunch of injured roll players and kicked they ? on his own.

Man he was my hero when I was a kid and I'm actually sad that he ? the end of his career up so bad. His ego was too big and he always acted like he would be the 2001 AI for ever, my man just needed to chill with all the shooting and bragging and sit his ass on the bench on a contender.

I was with you until the bolded.

Winning a ring as a bench player doesn't do ? to your legacy. His legacy was over the minute coaches decided not to start him anymore.

He was in the right when he refused to come off the bench. He was clearly better than Stuckey and Conley.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A.I to me will always be the ? that rocked cornrows way after that ? passed.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The every game is my last Iverson is the same as the egomaniac Iverson, can't have one without the other
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    favorite nba player and that shot he hit when he was in the air going out of bounds was goat
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too bad this is gonna be over shadowed by Ryan Braun's admittance....
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Too bad this is gonna be over shadowed by Ryan Braun's admittance....

No one gives a ? about that bruh lol.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    basketball icon
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    Favorite NBA player.

Would've enjoyed seeing him win a title or two, but it wasn't meant to be.

The media coverage he got in the late 90's early 2000s made him out to be Bishop from Juice, Nino Brown, and O-Dog all rolled up into one person since he didn't want to conform to what NBA higher-ups believed was acceptable.

Funny how the NBA wants to promote "acceptance and tolerance" the last couple of years, when they (i.e David Stern) were hell bent on not accepting the image he projected during his prime years.

And looking at what has transpired in sports the last couple of years (from: Oscar Pistorius, Aaron Hernandez, and a host of others), Iverson comes out looking much better that what they tried to make him out to be.

He told everybody what would happen to lebron
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too bad this is gonna be over shadowed

No one gives a ? about that bruh lol.

Braun ? was on for four mins straight on the last Sportscenter....A.I got no love....
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how many people out there have an AI Grizzlies jersey...

Or that pistons jersey lol
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's my favorite NBA player. He changed the game.