Confronting black social issues through comic strips.....hilarious stuff

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I thought these art pieces were hilarious

denial_by_alexlartwork22-d4ix923.jpg

music_over_the_generations_by_alexlartwork22-d5pgsem.jpg

is_it_funny_by_alexlartwork22-d5a0o5w.jpg

the_cycle_by_alexlartwork22-d5e9bd0.jpg

Comments

• twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who_profits__by_alexlartwork22-d534pn6.jpg

He should have included a liquor store owned by Arabs.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

One of the huge reasons black wall street was a success was because they supported each other...
    They said it took 5 years for a dollar to leave that community thru spending
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

One of the huge reasons black wall street was a success was because they supported each other...
    They said it took 5 years for a dollar to leave that community thru spending

That was also pre-integration when folks had no choice but to shop at black businesses.

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brilliant! we jus gone shame the same community we tryna help.... yeah that will work...
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Wanna know what I found funny? Most of those portray black women negatively..isn't that hilarious?
    False. You've just been conditioned to cape for females no matter what.

First was a critique of a male and female as was the third. Out of four comics two critically examined male behavior under different contexts. That makes 50%.
    Half has never been most.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    came back to goat this, just got off dude facebook, he's a good artist and the content is cool too.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ghost Leopard
    Options
    Wanna know what I found funny? Most of those portray black women negatively..isn't that hilarious?

First was a critique of a male and female as was the third. Out of four comics two critically examined male behavior under different contexts. That makes 50%.

The very first one makes fun of black women (hair coloring), the fourth and fifth make fun of black women (beings ? and pregnancy out of wedlock), seventh says black women aren't supportive and eighth says black women rather shop from Asians than black men.

Me thinks that's "most" and I guess I shouldn't protect black women my bad young ? I thought thats what black men do.

Back to you.

You can't protect a segment of a population that views you as nothing more than a walking ? . We also can't protect ourselves from the encroachments of white men which is why most black women don't run to black men for protection but white daddy.

Your notions of black men protecting black women are idyllic in this dispensation of time

What are you protecting them from right now? The truth? I saw no lies in that commentary.
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

The very first one makes fun of black women (hair coloring), the fourth and fifth make fun of black women (beings ? and pregnancy out of wedlock), seventh says black women aren't supportive and eighth says black women rather shop from Asians than black men.

Me thinks that's "most" and I guess I shouldn't protect black women my bad young ? I thought thats what black men do.

Back to you.

You can't protect a segment of a population that views you as nothing more than a walking ? . We also can't protect ourselves from the encroachments of white men which is why most black women don't run to black men for protection but white daddy.

Your notions of black men protecting black women are idyllic in this dispensation of time

What are you protecting them from right now? The truth? I saw no lies in that commentary.

What we really need to do is strengthen our home countries in Africa. Let me get ignorant real quick. White people aren't starting race wars with Asian people, because even though they represent a very small percentage of the population, they've got serious heat at home. They aren't occupying Asian countries and "nation building" over there. If white people started threatening Asian people with race wars like they do us all the time, Asian people would be like "Bring it on then ? ." Asian people know that if they tried to ? them, the reinforcements are coming. They start in on us and we're all like "violence solves nothing." lol. That's because we know that if they went at us, the only reinforcements would be other white people while blacks in Africa would be cooning and ? laughing at the blacks in America getting slaughtered just like they did with the original slavery.

We let them call us ? all day long. They are still dehumanizing us, letting murderers go free when they ? us. A black president didn't solve ? , and I knew that whole thing was a waste of time. All you have in this world is your appearance of power, and we don't have that at all. We need to change that. They had to give us our freedom...We didn't take that ? . We need first world countries with frighteningly advanced weapons.
  • jono
    Options

Back to you.

Stop reading right there. I don't know what women YOU deal with but I don't know any of those types. Do a better job choosing.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Options

Back to you.

What we really need to do is strengthen our home countries in Africa. Let me get ignorant real quick. White people aren't starting race wars with Asian people, because even though they represent a very small percentage of the population, they've got serious heat at home. They aren't occupying Asian countries and "nation building" over there. All you have in this world is your appearance of power, and we don't have that at all. We need to change that. They had to give us our freedom...We didn't force them to. We need first world countries with frighteningly advanced weapons.

Technically pakistan afghanistan and all those other - stans are western asian countries.

? are housebroken anyway. Likely to cause more problems than solutions by going over to africa and carrying western tendencies with us.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Options

Back to you.

Stop reading right there. I don't know what women YOU deal with but I don't know any of those types. Do a better job choosing.

You are a simp ? at heart. A sucka ? under the mistaken impression that some females are different from others. You have no value.
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

Back to you.

What we really need to do is strengthen our home countries in Africa. Let me get ignorant real quick. White people aren't starting race wars with Asian people, because even though they represent a very small percentage of the population, they've got serious heat at home. They aren't occupying Asian countries and "nation building" over there. All you have in this world is your appearance of power, and we don't have that at all. We need to change that. They had to give us our freedom...We didn't force them to. We need first world countries with frighteningly advanced weapons.

Technically pakistan afghanistan and all those other - stans are western asian countries.

? are housebroken anyway. Likely to cause more problems than solutions by going over to africa and carrying western tendencies with us.

That's true technically, but I have an Asian roommate from China and he identifies with people from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and other countries with "those" kinds of Asians and told me that they share a lineage (I guess it was obvious though) He's doesn't see the middle eastern people as similar.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ "It wasn't her fault she got pregnant"
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's pretty heavy-handed and simplistic thinking though.
  • jono
    Options

Back to you.

You are a simp ? at heart. A sucka ? under the mistaken impression that some females are different from others. You have no value.

Aight then. Continue your bitter ? quotes until your white queen comes along and soothes your wounded ego.