Confronting black social issues through comic strips.....hilarious stuff

Options

Comments

• can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched "Good Hair" documentary and the Asians and whites have access to the cheapest beauty supplies because of connections back home. The black companies don't have access to those same connections, so their prices are higher.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Wanna know what I found funny? Most of those portray black women negatively..isn't that hilarious?
    False. You've just been conditioned to cape for females no matter what.

First was a critique of a male and female as was the third. Out of four comics two critically examined male behavior under different contexts. That makes 50%.
    Half has never been most.

The very first one makes fun of black women (hair coloring), the fourth and fifth make fun of black women (beings ? and pregnancy out of wedlock), seventh says black women aren't supportive and eighth says black women rather shop from Asians than black men.

Me thinks that's "most" and I guess I shouldn't protect black women my bad young ? I thought thats what black men do.

Back to you.

You can't protect a segment of a population that views you as nothing more than a walking ? . We also can't protect ourselves from the encroachments of white men which is why most black women don't run to black men for protection but white daddy.

Your notions of black men protecting black women are idyllic in this dispensation of time

What are you protecting them from right now? The truth? I saw no lies in that commentary.

Stop reading right there. I don't know what women YOU deal with but I don't know any of those types. Do a better job choosing.

You are a simp ? at heart. A sucka ? under the mistaken impression that some females are different from others. You have no value.

Aight then. Continue your bitter ? quotes until your white queen comes along and soothes your wounded ego.

Lol I can tell you been programmed by a ? .
    Because I don't put up with ? from black women and hold them accountable suddenly I want a white ? . That's bird logic if I ever heard it.

GYBB-Get your ? back my ? .

I'm uncomfortable talking about my ? with you so im just gonna let you cook B.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    who_profits__by_alexlartwork22-d534pn6.jpg

One of the huge reasons black wall street was a success was because they supported each other...
    They said it took 5 years for a dollar to leave that community thru spending

That was also pre-integration when folks had no choice but to shop at black businesses.

This isn't true. White people was taking Black people's money just like anyone else's money. Why else would boycotting have been such an effective tactic during the Civil Right's movement.

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The black race in america is doomed.
    unless we black people in american change things will be like this forever or get worse
    these other races are not ? around.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    This dude been doing these drawings for years now. They usually involve something about blaming a black woman for whatever is wrong
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    This dude been doing these drawings for years now. They usually involve something about blaming a black woman for whatever is wrong

Well one man doing that versus thousands of women in public venues blaming black men for whatever is wrong. That's fair I guess.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These comics are ? .
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ywonder if the creator of these comics are having talks with Disney and marvel for a live action captain save a hoe movie.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Captain Save-A-Hove Got A Cape A Shield And Special Hoe-Tuned Hearing....Word
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The weave issue is a big deal black people make out of nothing. It's not that serious to me - and i'm a man.

I get the self-esteem & monetary issues but it's not that big of a deal. Every chick dont wear weave cuz they hate themselves or w/e.

At the end of the day that aint no different than make up, shoes or clothes. The issue should be how much value we place in superficial or materialistic stuff. I get that it's a poor man's (or woman's) mentality, but still.

The hair thing It's not that detrimental to us imo. For the young girls maybe. I get that. But i ont think we should focus so much on that as if that is such a huge problem compared to other issues. It's just hair.

I prefer natural, but i dont mind weave or clip ons if that's what she prefers or think suites her better.

Disagre all you want. The rest i feel though.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One of the huge reasons black wall street was a success was because they supported each other...

That was also pre-integration when folks had no choice but to shop at black businesses.

That's not true... blacks shopped at white businesses ....just had to use back doors and alleys
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This isn't true. White people was taking Black people's money just like anyone else's money. Why else would boycotting have been such an effective tactic during the Civil Right's movement.
    Boycotting some establishments worked better than others. Buses for starters were very effective because well blacks didnt have their own bus service. They always had the option of going to a black establishment which brings me too.....

That's not true... blacks shopped at white businesses ....just had to use back doors and alleys

They didnt have to. Black businesses were closer and why go through the back somewhere when you didnt have to?

We talking Tulsa here right? The black community was far more contained which is why it worked there. In other areas of the South segregation worked differently.

In Tulsa they didnt really need whites for anything they had their own supermarkets, theaters etc and it all due to segregation and being contained to that particular area of the city.

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Wanna know what I found funny? Most of those portray black women negatively..isn't that hilarious?
    False. You've just been conditioned to cape for females no matter what.

First was a critique of a male and female as was the third. Out of four comics two critically examined male behavior under different contexts. That makes 50%.
    Half has never been most.

The very first one makes fun of black women (hair coloring), the fourth and fifth make fun of black women (beings ? and pregnancy out of wedlock), seventh says black women aren't supportive and eighth says black women rather shop from Asians than black men.

Me thinks that's "most" and I guess I shouldn't protect black women my bad young ? I thought thats what black men do.

Back to you.

You can't protect a segment of a population that views you as nothing more than a walking ? . We also can't protect ourselves from the encroachments of white men which is why most black women don't run to black men for protection but white daddy.

Your notions of black men protecting black women are idyllic in this dispensation of time

What are you protecting them from right now? The truth? I saw no lies in that commentary.

Stop reading right there. I don't know what women YOU deal with but I don't know any of those types. Do a better job choosing.

You are a simp ? at heart. A sucka ? under the mistaken impression that some females are different from others. You have no value.
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    capt_save_a_hoe_by_alexlartwork22-d5vpd9n.jpg

that was a brutal KO ......................................... posted right after this exchange LOL

yvel_rizzo_ko.jpg
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are feelings being caught over satire?
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While these cartoons bring up good points they aren't really all that clever and aren't an effective way to create a paradigm shift (which it if isn't the goal of the artist, it should be). It makes people defensive and when that happens they just shut down. What you want to do is hit people on a subconscious level that's way more effective.

For example:

large.jpg
    tumblr_me6zzkCiFE1rt05vro1_1280.jpg
    97b9fbbf67feba4dd0b60d8f5cdc0304f06c2f70.jpg
    blackfathers2.jpg
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

and here is where you have to look closely. when i look at these cartoons, i understand the concepts. if you truly understand the concepts you would know that its not black womens fault.

i can understand how ppl would THINK that this is blaming black women. but what you fail to realize is that the woman is key to any cultures upliftment or demise. solve the problems of your women and your whole nation will rise

right now, our biggest problems in our community involve the miseducation of our woman ... THE FIRST TEACHER OF OUR CHILDREN.

so when you take on this "they are just bashing black women" attitude, it shows you have an incorrect perspective on social and economic issues in society.

black women are not the blame for our problems, and black men are not responsible for single handedly fixing them. we are in this together so there has to be balance and accountability on both sides.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ownership is the answer also the support of the community
    @jono